InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Whisper ❯ Whisper ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Catch me as I fall Say you're here and its all over now

Kagome continued running for all she was worth. She had to get away. Suddenly she tripped falling over a cliff. She squeezed her eyes shut and prayed that she wouldn't feel the end.

"KAGOME!" she heard him yell.

Suddenly she stopped falling. She came to an abrupt stop and that's when she woke up.

Speaking to the atmosphere No one's here and I fall into myself

She looked around the camp, but there was something. or rather someone missing. "inuyasha" she called. No answer. Curious as to where he was she got up and began to look around for him. It didn't take long to find him. But when she did she wasn't too shocked to see whom he was with, but it still hurt. Blinded by tears she began to run.

This truth drives me Into madness I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away

Blindly she continued on. Running for all she was worth. Suddenly inuyasha was right before her. She stumbled and tripped. But scrambled back up and turned to the right. She had to get away, she had to try to run away from this pain. "KAGOME STOP!" she heard him scream.

Don't turn away (don't give into the pain) don't try to hide (though they're screaming your name) don't close your eyes (god knows what lies behind them) don't turn out the light (never sleep never die)

She continued running trying to force herself to forget inuyasha calling to her trying to stop her. Every time he'd turn up in front of her she'd turn the other way. Little did she know this last time she turned away she was headed straight for a cliff. Then she tripped stumbling right to the edge of it. She lit out a startled cry, but then let herself go. She had nothing left to live for. She watched dumbfounded as the ground came rushing up to her.

I'm frightened by what I see But somehow I know there's much more to come Immobilized by my fear And soon to be blinded by tears I can stop the pain If I will it all away

The sight of the ground rushing up at her scared her, but it was also a comfort to her because she knew that the end was near.

Then the ground hit her. or rather she hit it. She looked up to see inuyasha looking over the edge. She saw something that surprised her: tears. Then he was right next to her, holding her close. She was scared. She had never seen him cry before. She tried to keep breathing but it was just too hard and it hurt so much. She knew she had to let go, but before she did she had to do one last thing. "inuyasha. gasp. I. gasp. I-i. gasp. love you." She managed to get out before her eyes closed.

Fallen angels at my feet Whispered voices at my ear Death before my eyes Lying next to me I fear

She wasn't dead. yet. She heard inuyasha calling her name, whispering he loved her too in her ear. 'what have I done'. she thought in dismay. Then she felt something pulling at her soul as her life force slowly slipped away. Her soul was being called to another body. She knew it would kill inuyasha if she died but she also knew that inuyasha would be happy with the other. or so she thought.

She beckons me Shall I give in? Upon my end shall I begin Forsaking all ive fallen for I rise to meet the end

As kagome's breathing slowly came to an end, the whole country side could hear his anguished cry. And even when kikyou came to him with her soul finally returned to her, he wanted no part of her. Not only did kagome meet her end that night, but he did as well. Shippou, sango, and miroku found inuyasha with the tetsaiga through his chest the next day, cold and life less.