InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ White As Snow ❯ Consequences of Jealousy ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Five: Consequences of Jealousy

<Present Time>

He knew something was wrong. He could feel it. He ran as fast as his feet could carry him. For the first time in his life, he, Lord Sesshomaru of the Western Lands, was scared and worried, not that he would admit it to anyone. Now he was franticly trying to reach Inuyasha and his little rag-tag travel group.

When he can upon the group, in a small clearing near Inuyasha's Forest, he noticed that neither Kagome nor Inuyasha were with them. Sesshomaru could sense the worry and anxiousness coming off of the two adults, Miroku and Sango. Rin and Shippo even looked concerned and tired, as if they had stayed up all night. Jaken didn't look it but the taiyoukai could feel that he was tense as well.

“Where are the miko and my half-brother?” Sesshomaru asked with a practiced coldness in his voice, never betraying what was going on in his head.

“We don't know,” said Miroku, his eyes downcast to the ground, deep in thought. “The day you left, Inuyasha said he needed to talk to Kagome alone and they walked into the forest together. We haven't seen or heard from either of them since.”

They've been gone since he left? He had been gone for a two and a half weeks. Sesshomaru's work had kept him away longer than he wanted. He had told the miko to return in two weeks and had expected her to be back by now. `Where could that hanyou have taken her?' Sesshomaru could feel his anger starting to rise and the crimson start to seep into his eyes.

Just as Sesshomaru thought he was going to lose his control, he felt two small arms encircle his leg. It was Rin. He could smell the salt from her tears and feel her tiny body shake. “Rin is so scared. Rin wants Kagome-chan to come back and play with Rin. Rin is worried about her.” Sesshomaru patted the small girl's head and reassured her that they would find the miko.

“INUYASHA,” Shippo hopped up and started to run towards Inuyasha, who was standing at the far end of the clearing. As Shippo was running he felt a gush of wind blow past him, almost knocking him over. Sesshomaru had beaten Shippo to Inuyasha. He had his claws wrapped around Inuyasha's neck tightly and had him pinned again a tree.

“Where. Is. She?” Sesshomaru asked Inuyasha, his hand tightening around his neck with every word. “I, I don't know,” Inuyasha choked on his words, trying to speak and breathe at the same time. Sesshomaru slammed Inuyasha against the tree so hard that it broke and dropped him onto the ground.

“You better start talking hanyou,” Sesshomaru growled out, trying to hold on to his control.

“I talked to Kagome not too far from the village. I figured she went home like you told her to,” Inuyasha picked himself up off the ground and glared at his brother. He fought the urge to rub his sore neck where he knew a hand print was forming.

“Inuyasha, you will take me to where you left her. Now.” Inuyasha would've argued with Sesshomaru if it hadn't of been for his brother using his name. Sesshomaru never bothered to use his name; it was always `hanyou' or some other demeaning name. But not this time. Sesshomaru promised death if Inuyasha didn't do as he said.

As the brothers and the rest of the group walked towards where Inuyasha left Kagome, the faith smell of blood and death rushed into Sesshomaru's nose. Before anyone could blink, he had disappeared in the direction that the smell was coming from. Inuyasha's eyes widened in fear as the smell finally reached him as well and took off after his brother.

It didn't take long for the taiyoukai for find the source of odor. Sesshomaru couldn't believe what he had come upon. He could feel his control slipping from his grasp as his eyes turned completely blood red.

There, on the ground, lay a battered, bloody, and broken, Kagome.