InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Will I Make it ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author note: Just a little something that came to mind, its short. There won't be a continue. I wrote it on a whim. I will now go back to bed and tomorrow I will fight my real demons. Maybe with all the angst, sorrow and depression in "Sadame" I wanted to write a happy moment for them. Take it like that, but of course AU for this have no, what so ever, connection to "Sadame".

Summary: Will Sesshoumaru make it back in time or will he be to late?

Warnings: Incest.

Pairing: Sesshoumaru/InuYasha

Disclaimer: I own nothing, like always.

Read, Enjoy & Review.

Will I Make It
By Monkan

As soon as the last swing of his sword cleaved the enemy before him, the great Daiyoukai leaped and ran as fast as he could back to his castle in the distance. His enemy hadn't even fallen to the ground before he was gone, leaving his allies on the battle field.

Sesshoumaru cursed as he moved over great distance at an amazing speed. His only thoughts was that he had to get home, when words had reached him the war had just been about to begin. It had lasted a long time before all the enemy had either died or escaped in fear. His blood was driven hot to end the fight quick and return home but despite that he killed off plenty of enemies in one strike the fact still remained that the enemy had thousands of allies with them and even though his own allies had fought bravely and their strength saved their lives it did nothing to make his return faster.

He could smell it the closer he got to his castle. Was he already to late or would he make it in time?

He could feel his heart beat in his chest with each breath he drew. His heart always went out of control every time his mate was near, every time he held his mate his heart would beat softly in his chest. It was only his mate that made him worry, it was only his mate that made completely happy.

And right now his mate needed him more than anything.

He jumped up the remaining distance, landed for a second before the gate of his castle before he leaped up and over the high wall. He landed in the middle of the courtyard. The servants was startled for a moment but when they recognized the blur as their master they hurried out of the way as he took the stairs in five steps at the time and in no time he was gone.

His nose sniffed the air and it lead him to his bedroom. He didn't even stop to open the doors gently but rushed inside.

He came to a sudden stop when he saw his mate on their bed with the healer.

He crossed the distance between them in three steps and then he could reach out and grasp his mates hand.

"I'm here, InuYasha." he said softly as his free hand stroked the sweat soaked bangs. Eyes of molten amber looked up at him, wracked in pain as he with gasping breath looked up at his brother and mate.

InuYasha couldn't say anything as his whole body was gripped within the clutches of pain. He let out a scream of pain as he gripped Sesshoumaru's hand with all of his remaining strength.

Sesshoumaru didn't even winch at the pressure on his hand he just continued to hold on. Suddenly the scream of pain were different and InuYasha tried to sit up, the blanket over him pooled down and showed his naked chest and very swollen stomach.

InuYasha clenched his teeth together as he pushed, unable to hold the scream inside he let it out as pearls of sweat dripped down from his face.

Sesshoumaru shifted a little so that his mate could lean on his chest and while his hand were tightly held by InuYasha, the other one was placed on the swollen belly. His fingers spread out as he felt the muscles tighten and while he had felt the child inside for many months now he still felt the excitement of feeling the life inside his mate. His mind was surprisingly calm and clear. He supported InuYasha as he felt the life leave his mates body.

With a sudden heart wrenching scream InuYasha went rigid before he fell back against Sesshoumaru in exhaustion. His mate embraced him and he could feel their bond give him strength he lacked.

Sesshoumaru looked at the healer as she gently cleaned the little pup before she lifted the naked child to her parents waiting arms.

InuYasha took his little pup in his arms and held her against his chest as he rested against his mate. Both of them looked down at their little pup as she had at last arrived to the world. Her tiny hands came into contact with InuYasha's hair and it gripped it curiously as she held her eyes shut.

They could both feel their bond to their little daughter become stronger in their hearts. She might had felt it too but she took the time to whimper and both of her parents smiled for her.

Sesshoumaru reached out for a moment and grabbed the blanket and pulled it up so that he could cover his little girl until only her head was visible, InuYasha at the same time shared the blanket with her.

When he was sure both of them was covered to keep them warm he wrapped his arms around them and held them, with one of his hands resting on his daughter, as he rested his head against InuYasha's as they looked down at the miracle they both had created.

Sesshoumaru smiled softly when he heard the soft breathing and the soft rythmen of the heart that told him InuYasha had fallen asleep, along with their daughter. His eyes lidded as the setting sun outside the window caught his attention and he stared at it as he was washed in its flaming colours. It was only then that he realized that he was covered in dirt, his wounds had already healed long before he returned. That's right, he had been fighting a war today but somehow that seemed awfully long ago.

His fingers could feel the warmth from the bodies under them. His youkai could pick up the life of his family. And he could remember the moment his first pup came into the world.

"As I promised, I made it back in time."

The End