InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Hearts ❯ Change of Heart Sesshoumaru? ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
*Disclaimer: Not mine!!!*

A/N: Well, there will still be violence and stuff, but this chappie is pretty mild. Sesshy seems to be having a slight change of heart….or not.




<dream>

Kagome was walking through a spring filled forest, the sun shining brightly. It was there she saw him, her love, Inuyasha. He must have sensed her, because he turned his amber eyes to stare at her before walking to her side.

“I have missed you.” Inuyasha looked at her and noticed even in their dream she had a collar around her neck.

“Inuyasha, I can’t do it. I can’t keep your promise. You don’t understand what he is doing to me! He is torturing me because you aren’t around anymore. Inuyasha he….he….”Kagome cried.

“Kagome, I know. Remember? I am always there. I have seen what he has done, the bastard. Even though you are asleep, this is not just a simple dream. Our souls are bound together because of our love. I need you to be strong. If you must, do what he says if only to spare such abuse. Please Kagome. I know what I am asking you is horrible, but you must live and find a way to destroy Naraku. Sesshoumaru could be a helpful ally if you can make him believe that his need for revenge should be directed towards Naraku and not you. Survive and we could still be together one day with the power of Shikon no Tama.” Inuyasha’s spirit hugged her tightly to him.

“Inuyasha why did you all have to die? Why? You and our friends were all I had left.” Kagome cried into her dream once more.

“Kagome. Stop crying, we will all be together one day. Now you must go. When you dream I will be here, always, no matter what happens in your life.” Inuyasha kissed her gently. “Be strong Kagome. Don’t let him break your spirit, gain your strength back and use your miko powers for defense if you need to.” With those words said Kagome watched Inuyasha fade away. Everything was getting dark and cold.

<end dream>

Kagome awoke with a start. She was still on the cold, damp floor naked and bruised. She sat up quietly afraid of bringing attention to herself. It was still dark outside, and the room was quiet except for the soft breathing coming from the large bed above her. ‘He is sleeping? I never thought he would sleep.’

Peeking up over the large bed Kagome saw her captor sleeping peacefully. He looked so warm and relaxed at that moment Kagome had to push the urge to climb up and cuddle next to him just for warmth. ‘What am I thinking?!! That son of a bitch has done nothing but hurt me!’ Sighing she leaned up against the bed shivering and closed her eyes praying for another dream with Inuyasha. Her prayer wasn’t answered as she slipped into a dreamless sleep.

***********

Although he seemed to be sleeping, Sesshoumaru was very wide awake. He listened to her soft breathing, and could smell her subtle scent of jasmine mixed with her tears as she cried into her dream. It was then he closed his eyes and breathed lightly when he could sense her awaken from her dreams. He could feel the small flame of anger come from her before she sighed and leaned up against the bed. ‘What is it about this human? I enjoyed hurting her, but now after I have taken her I feel as though I want something more. She must be using her miko powers to affect me like this. That I will not tolerate.’ Shifting to his side, he stared down at her over the bed.

She was shivering in her sleep and curled into a tight ball for warmth. For no reason he could think of, Sesshoumaru picked her small worn body up off the ground and placed her into bed next to him. Unhooking the chain from her collar so she could not accidentally hurt herself, Sesshoumaru pulled the thick furs up around her and watched her sleep. ‘She looks so peaceful even though her life is a nightmare. How can a human be this strong? Anyone else would have been broken by now, would have been having nightmares and flashbacks of what I have done to her tonight. Yet here she is, sleeping with out a worry in the world of what I could do to her next. Strange being, this human.’ Sesshoumaru pushed a small lock of hair from her bruised face and felt a moment of guilt that he had caused such flaws on her beauty. ‘This will no do at all.’ Shaking his head, he adjusted himself in the bed and brought her small form into his, curling his arms around her. She sighed and nuzzled into the pillows from the feeling of warmth.

“No. This will not do at all.” Sesshoumaru whispered into the dark night before closing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uh oh.. Sesshy is getting weird on us here! What happened to sadistic, no worries Sesshy??? Well maybe he is still there, but maybe he actually does have a freaking heart. Who knows. Oh and FAYE!! If you don’t update on Claimed, I won’t update Winter Hearts so all my fans.. GO BUG FAEGIRL_16 TO UPDATE!!!