InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Moon ❯ Time enough ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]



Winter Moon three

Tme enough
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------




He was awake. Just awake in an instant, no distortion, just sudden awareness of every thing around him. A cold hard floor beneath his him, the broken shaft in his shoulder. He jerked his head up and regretted it immediately, his vision nearly blacked out and his head pounded. The air was thick with the smell of sweat and blood that clung to him. The stink was nauseating.

His dull amber eyes stared at the distant door of the small room, his exhausted muscles to weak to bear his weight now.

Why?

His conscience could not come up with an answer nor could his heart. He had attacked Miroku and was betrayed by a former lover in the worst possible way. He knew she had stolen the jewel from Kagome and handed it over to Naraku with out a second thought.

It hurt.

If she cared she showed no sign of it, shackling him to the cold ground and even turning her arrows on him for a second time.

You’re letting yourself up for even more pain, his conscience whispered to him. You should have never let anyone in.

But he did, he did more then let her in, he embraced Kikyo and even loved her even if she only fell in love with his human half and in the end betrayed him by killing him. And he was falling for the young monk.

Actually falling for him, of all the people, him!

He shifted slightly, feeling his groin stirred slightly at the thought of him, the sparkling violet eyes and angelic smile.

His shoulders shook as he cried, the salty tears falling on his blood-splattered skin. He had nearly killed him.

Voices drifted through the door and a set of heavy footsteps neared and left. He only lowered his gaze; he no longer cared about what they would end up doing to him. Even if they decided it would be better off killing him to keep their small village safe.

He couldn’t get the image of Miroku lying limply in his arms, the smell of blood that covered him.
Like the blood of the bandits, when he lost all control, he had slaughtered them all. Like animals. Had he done the same to the young monk…

He shook his head, trying to rid himself of the images out of his head or the smell that cloaked him.

----------------

His body and mind hurt. Fragments of memory floated back, stabbing and clawing as his injured mind and soul, reminding him of what had happened.

There was a haze around him, thick grey fog that refused to let up as he fought both the pain and memories.

The dark red eyes that stared through him, the broken ends of iron shackles dangling from the hanyou’s wrists. Lips pulled back over razor sharp fangs that gleamed in the moons light, claws that swept in a deadly arc at him, seeking a deadly strike.

He threw his arms up out of instinct, bring the staff up to defect the blow coming from a furious creature that had once been Inuyasha. Now he was a demonic creature capable of killing him easily.

Claws clashed against wood and metal of his staff as if shuddered under the force of those blows, his arms aching under the power of the blows, he couldn't keep it up for long. One came under the staff and sliced into his arm, leaving deep gouges to the bone that bled freely. He went down on one knee, still fending off the vicious blows with his staff, folding the injured arm against his chest.

Miroku watched as he raised his blood soaked claws and licked off the blood, feeling sick.

He couldn’t fight him, Inuyasha was far too strong and his only other weapon was the Kazaana, but he couldn’t use it. Not against a friend, even if Inuyasha was out to kill him with out a single shadow of remorse.

Through the haze of pain and tears, Miroku watched him approach, he couldn’t see anything of the hanyou he called friend in the red feral eyes.

“Inuyahsa…I’m sorry.” he whispered as he swung the staff with the last of his waning strength, feeling it vibrate as it connected with flesh and bone of his skull. The demonic hanyou collapsed like a stone, out cold. Bright crimson clung to the metal of his staff from were he had struck Inuyasha.

All he remembered was hitting the ground a few moments later…and the pain..

The terrible wounds in his arm leaking with every frantic heartbeat as the staff vibrated with each powerful hit.

Protect him…

From who? Himself…?

Inuyasha.

He moaned softly as the burning was replaced with numbness; it spread over his nerves as he forced his eyes open.

The air was warm and dry, dusty jars on end staked up on shelves in the dark, the small fire crackling in the fireplace.

Where am I?

Where’s Inuyasha?

He forced himself up; ignoring the way the room wavered around him. Sweat dripped off his pale almost ashen skin.

His arm ached only momentarily before becoming numb.

He forced himself up, he couldn’t recognize were he was, not that it mattered – he had to find Inuyasha.
He reached around blindly in the dark near the bed, hoping to find his clothing; his cold fingers brushing against something warm and damp, the smell of a thick coppery stench and a soft moan reached his ears.
His arm ached as he leaned over the edge of the bed, his eyes slowly adjusting to the dark as his heart froze up in his chest. He knew that sound all to well. The shadowy from of Inuyasha was curled near the bed on the icy floor.

“Inu…?”

No response.

He had a sinking feeling... his good hand rested on Inuyasha’s chest, feeling it rise slightly under his hand. It was a slight relief

The shackles that had been around his wrists were gone, leaving only bandages wrapped around what must have been deep bruises and torn skin.

Inuyasha shifted, rolling onto his side and curling up into a tight ball on the cold floor, his face hidden by the long blood spattered strands of silver lying like a dulled halo.
He shivered under the monks touch.

“I’m cold…” came a weak sound from the curled up Inuyasha.

“Inuyasha..”

It wasn’t more than a whisper but it had a stronger effect then a yelled ‘sit’ from Kagome as Miroku’s hand closed around a wrist gently, trying not to hurt him. He hoped he could coaxed the weakened hayou on to the bed were he would at least be off the floor. The guilt must have been weighing on him heavily. Hazy violet eyes focused on dull amber ones for a second as he lifted his head. Inuyasha felt himself freeze, rooted to the spot on the floor by what he saw in the depths, the emotions Miroku seemed to hide so well, now injured and weak….

“Please … “

His fingers were cold on Inuyasha’s wrist and he wouldn’t let go, no mater how tired he may be. Inuyasha mentally sighed, picking his weary body off the cold floor and carefully slipped next to him, resting his head on Miroku’s bare chest. He froze when he felt the monk pull him closer, even pulling the blanket over his still shivering from, never caring about the dried blood covering his kimono. The feeling of soft touches over his skin made Inuyasha groan softly and as he tried to pull back a little, Miroku stirred, shaken from the dull sense of sleep his body cried for.

Inuyasha lay wide awake, ignoring the constant aches and pains, the hand still holding his wrist finally let go as it ended up resting on his lower back, in a comforting way.

So easy to harm him, to tear him to part…to harm him.

He tensed and tired to pull away weakly again, at least not with Miroku still holding onto him, not with out accidentally hurting him.

“ Please…stay.” Miroku almost pleaded, his voice trailing off.

Inuyasha fought with himself, finally relaxing against the others body. He saw a slight smile press across the pale lips of the monk and the soft even breaths as he slipped off into a deep healing sleep. He watched a while longer before he gave into his own body’s demands for sleep.

------------------------------------------------

TBC