InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wiped Clean ❯ Regrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Regrets
 
 
She speaks to him; not in her voice, but with her manner of snarkiness and wit.
 
Her scent is off; she had once smelled of fresh air, of things carried on the wind. Now she reeks of his half-brother, of a stifled jail-like world buried under the Earth.
 
“Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Hn?”
 
Kagura - Kilo - who was once Kagome and may be again one day, straddles his lap and kisses his chin lightly. “What's going on in that head of yours? You looked like you were hundreds of miles away.”
 
`More like hundreds of years away.' He doesn't share the sentiment. Instead, he begins to trail his hands down her body, stripping away cloth and unveiling preciously soft, untainted flesh.
 
Her breath hitches in her throat and she murmurs appreciatively as he trails his lips down her neck. He wonders how differently she would taste… and thinks about how he will never know. He was younger then; `foolish,' he can admit now, and he is paying the price for feigning indifference for far too long.
 
“Sesshoumaru?” She shifts, but he won't meet her wrong-colored eyes. “You with me?”
 
`Not really.'
 
He clutches her shorter form to him…
 
…and remembers how she faded away.
 
----
 
A big “thank you” goes out to the voters at the IYFG in the 3rd Quarter of 2009! “Wiped Clean” placed 1st in Best Crossover - I was blown away, especially as Dollhouse is such a little-followed fandom!
 
Disclaimer:
I do not own nor rent InuYasha or the characters of. The “real” InuYasha belongs to the genius of Rumiko Takahashi.
 
As for Dollhouse… well, I don't own that, either. That's the property of Joss Whedon and FOX. And Joss Whedon is my hero.
 
“Wiped Clean” is a collection of pieces featuring InuYasha and Dollhouse characters. InuYasha canon events are referenced; the stories are built in the Dollhouse universe. The collection is written via prompts for the LiveJournal Community iy_themes.
 
“Regrets” was written for the “Away” prompt and was first posted to LiveJournal on November 29, 2009. It is 200 words long.