InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wiped Clean ❯ Visiting Hours ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Visiting Hours
 
 
“Please.”
 
The one word - so rarely uttered - is amazingly enough to sway the reluctant genius, and for one blessed hour, InuYasha is allowed to spend time with his love.
 
His real love; her personality in her body, and he's hard-pressed to keep her in her clothes because as much as he wants her, he wants her more.
 
For sixty amazing minutes he holds her, focusing on their looming future. One more year - one long, painful year - and her contract will expire, and she will be free again; they will be well-off and his vast record will have been wiped.
 
While he looks to the future, Kagome lives in the now. She inquires after his health and makes him swear he won't turn back to the bottle for solace. He promises; she'll never know if he does, but drinking would take up the precious time he spends watching her.
 
He's not supposed to know about her “job;” she'll never learn about his.
 
While rubbing his ears, Kagome asks if he's sure he's sleeping enough; hanyou he may be, but he is still part-human and needs his sleep, she chides.
 
The timer dings.
 
Topher sends Miroku to pull them into the room; Kagome cries and InuYasha wipes away the tears as Topher wipes her personality clean.
 
“Did I fall asleep?”
 
“For a little while.” InuYasha stares into her blank brown eyes and again tries to merge the vivacious woman he loves with the mere husk she was now.
 
A glass, half-empty, waiting to be filled and drained, time and time again.
 
“Kago-” He's cut off by the technology expert with a slash of the hand. “Kilo,” he corrects himself with a wince, “You should get some dinner.”
 
“It's good to eat healthy,” she remarks - so much her and yet not at all.
 
----
 
Disclaimer:
I neither own nor rent InuYasha or the characters of. InuYasha belongs to the genius of Rumiko Takahashi, VIZ, and several other companies.
 
I don't own Dollhouse, either. Joss Whedon is responsible for its awesome-ness… and FOX is responsible for the death of show :(
 
“Wiped Clean” is a collection of pieces set in an Alternate Universe. The collection is written via prompts for the LiveJournal Community iy_themes.
 
“Visiting Hours” was written for the “Please” prompt, was first posted to LiveJournal on January 25, 2010. It is 300 words long.