InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wiped Clean ❯ The Truth Is There ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Truth Is There
 
 
`You're not who you're supposed to be.'
 
The words - whispered softly in the back of her mind by people she can't name or connect to a face - suggest something is wrong.
 
`You can't let them know.'
 
Know what?
 
`He will protect you like he did me.'
 
The last one is murmured as the white-haired man comes near her. Kilo - Kagome - is filled with a sense of… something. An emotion she can't name. Actives are blank slates; actives don't have emotion.
 
So why does she frown when that person who sounds so much like her says he cared for the voice who isn't really a person at all?
 
It's all quite confusing, really.
 
Can a doll be confused?
 
She wonders and wants to know why she feels when it seems nobody else does; she opens her mouth to ask the nice man but the words choke her and she falls silent.
 
The man looks at her so sadly; her heart hurts. It's like she can't breathe but when she tries to explain it the words come out wrong, a story of a puzzle she did earlier but she lost a few of the pieces…
 
“Are you ready for your treatment?”
 
`No!'
 
----
 
Disclaimer:
I neither own nor rent InuYasha or the characters of. InuYasha belongs to the genius of Rumiko Takahashi, VIZ, and several other companies.
 
I don't own Dollhouse, either. Joss Whedon is responsible for its awesome-ness… and FOX is responsible for the death of show :(
 
“Wiped Clean” is a collection of pieces set in an Alternate Universe. The collection is written via prompts for the LiveJournal Community iy_themes.
 
“The Truth Is There” was written for the “Whisper” prompt, was first posted to LiveJournal on April 20, 2010. It is 200 words long.