InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wish You Were Here ❯ Wish You Were Here ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha nor any characters related there to. The song Wish You Were Here is by Mark Wills.
 
 
Wish You Were Here
 
 
“Sesshou-kun, you have to go,” the petite miko told him.
 
“One more kiss, Kagome, and I will get to the gate.” The tall taiyoukai leaned down to claim a chaste kiss from his mate and hugged her close. “I will call you when I arrive at the hotel, koi.”
 
 
 
 
THEY KISSED GOODBYE AT THE TERMINAL GATE
SHE SAID YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE IF YOU DON'T GO
HE HELD HER TIGHT, SAID I'LL BE ALRIGHT
I'LL CALL YOU TONIGHT TO LET YOU KNOW
 
 
 
Kagome walked outside the airport and watched his plane taxi out and take off. She worried every time he went on a business trip. After her family was killed in a plane crash on their way to Kagome and Sesshoumaru's mating ceremony, she didn't trust the tin cans any farther then she could throw them.
 
Sesshoumaru understood his mate's objections to this mode of transportation, but he couldn't exactly drive from Tokyo to New York. Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, the inu youkai fell asleep dreaming of his beautiful mate.
 
 
 
HE BOUGHT A POSTCARD, ON THE FRONT IT JUST SAID HEAVEN
WITH A PICTURE OF THE OCEAN AND THE BEACH
AND THE SIMPLE WORDS HE WROTE HER
SAIDHE LOVED HER AND THEY TOLD HER
HOW HE'D HOLD HER IF HIS ARMS WOULD REACH
 
 
 
Kagome didn't sleep that night. Until she heard that her beloved was safe in New York she knew she couldn't. She turned on an old movie that they love to watch together.
 
 
 
WISH YOU WERE HERE, WISH YOU COULD SEE THIS PLACE
WISH YOU WERE NEAR, WISH I COULD TOUCH YOUR FACE
THE WEATHER'S NICE, IT'S PARADISE
IT'S SUMMERTIME ALL YEAR AND THERE'S SOME FOLKS WE KNOW
THEY SAY, “HELLO, I MISS YOU SO. WISH YOU WERE HERE.”
 
 
 
Kagome's cousin, Kikyou, and her best friend, Sango, had stopped over to check on her. They both knew from experience that if she was more then likely to work herself into hysterics without some one to keep her attention off of waiting for the call from Sesshoumaru. They were watching a DVD when the phone rang.
 
 
 
SHE GOT A CALL THAT NIGHT BUT IT WASN'T FROM HIM
IT DIDN'T SINK IN RIGHT AWAY, MA'AM THE PLANE WENT DOWN
OUR CREWS HAVE SEARCED THE GROUND
NO SURVIVORS FOUND SHE HEARD HIM SAY
 
 
 
“Kagome-chan what's wrong?” Sango was concerned when her surrogate sister went white as a ghost and dropped the phone.
 
“He's gone,” was the faint reply.
 
“Kagome, what are you talking about? Who's gone?” Kikyou asked coming out of the kitchen confusion written on her face.
 
Kagome suddenly went to her knees and became hysterical, “I begged him not to go… I begged him to stay close… He said he couldn't… that some things have to be handled in person… now he's gone…”
 
Suddenly the other two understood what had happened. Sango gathered her in her arms and just held on as Kagome sobbed. Kikyou called Sesshoumaru's father and then the family physician, Dr. Myoga.
 
 
 
 
 
The memorial service was being held the next day. They had waited three weeks. But there was no sign of his body. They had gone down over the middle of the Pacific. Over half of those onboard had not been found. Kagome was finally able to be left for short periods of time. While Inuyasha was running to the store for her, she walked out to get the mail.
 
 
 
BUT SOMEHOW SHE GOT A POSTCARD INTHEMAIL
THAT JUST SAID HEAVEN WITHA PICTURE OF THE OCEAN AND THE BEACH
AND THE SIMPLE WORDS HE WROTE HER
SAID HE LOVED HER AND THEY TOLD HER
HOW HE'D HOLD HER IF HIS ARMS WOULD REACH
 
 
 
She stared at the postcard for a few minutes. How could someone play a joke this sick? She was newly widowed. But the handwriting, it was so much like his. There were few examples of his writing outside of their home. At work he only typed and then signed his name. The only handwritten items they could have gotten to were the love letters from when they were courting.
 
She ran to the master suite she hadn't entered since the phone call that told her he was gone. They were all still there. Then she noticed something else… the way the postcard was signed… It was the pet name she used only in the privacy of their suite. She had never called him that in public, nor had she ever put in her love letters to him. She smiled for the first time in what seemed like forever.
 
This was his way of calling. Of letting her know that it was ok, and he was watching over her.
 
 
 
WISH YOU WERE HERE, WISH YOU COULD SEE THIS PLACE
WISH YOU WERE NEAR, WISH I COULD TOUCH YOUR FACE
THE WEATHER'S NICE, IT'S PARADISE
IT'S SUMMERTIME ALL YEAR AND THERE'S SOME FOLKS WE KNOW
THEY SAY, “HELLO, I MISS YOU SO. WISH YOU WERE HERE.”
 
 
 
 
 
The next day at the service, Kagome, to everybody's surprise, wanted to say something in front of the assembled crowd.
 
“Sesshoumaru was the best mate and friend I could ever have. I will never forget him or stop loving him. Nor will any of us ever forget him. But remember as with all those who go to that place before us. The weather's nice in paradise; after all it's always summer time there. And everyone we know misses us and still loves us very much.”
 
 
 
THE WEATHER'S NICE, IN PARADISE
IT'S SUMMERTIME ALL YEAR AND ALL THE FOLKS WE KNOW
THE SAY, “HELLO, I MISS YOU SO. WISH YOU WERE HERE.”
 
 
 
Kagome sat in the rose garden Sesshoumaru had helped her plant that evening, in front of a newly planted purple tiger rose in a place of honor.
 
“I miss you Sesshou-kun, but I know your mother and stepmother are there for you along with my family. I will see you again my inu-koi, when the gods are willing.”
 
 
 
WISH YOU WERE HERE.
 
 
 
A/N: I can't believe I killed Fluffy. Please don't flame me for that. I love Sesshoumaru. But he seemed to fit the bill better then Inuyasha ever would. Anyway, Read and Review please.