InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With One Wish ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Burying Kohaku had been harder then she thought. Sango spent a long time just standing over the grave, willing him to rise again, she was afraid to be alone in the world. When she finally had covered the grave and prayed for him she stepped back to look over all the other graves. Her village, her family, she truly was the last demon slayer, the only one left. She let out a deep breath and turned to find Kilala behind her, waiting with her things.


“Thanks Kilala, you are a true friend”




After Kagome had come back she spent a long time sitting in Kaede’s hut, asking to be left alone. The others respected her request, but some not for very long.


“Kagome, we need to talk,” Inuyasha said as he burst into the hut. Kagome just nodded not even glancing at him. It was unnerving, this new calm and silent Kagome.


“I think I know what it is I want to wish for,” Inuyasha said.


“That’s nice, but I don’t need to know it,” Kagome replied. Inuyasha let out a haggard sigh.


“Stop acting like that, I know you care,” Inuyasha growled. Kagome looked up at him, her eyes narrowed.


“I do, but I’m not about to stop you from wishing what you want, you deserve to have what you want,” Kagome told him.


“I still want to tell you-,” He stopped when Kagome shook her head.

“I don’t want to hear it Inuyasha,” She said. Kagome got to her feet and left the hut, taking off toward the forest at a quick pace.


“Damn it, Kagome,” Inuyasha shouted.


“If I were you I’d leave her be,” Miroku suggested. Inuyasha ignored him, of course and started off for Kagome.




Kagome found herself at the sacred tree for a second time that day. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the jewel, gripping it tightly in her fist.


“Kagome, just listen to me,” Inuyasha said as he burst into the clearing. Kagome turned toward him and raised her fist, but before she could throw the jewel at him, he grabbed hold of her fist.


“Let go,” Kagome said through gritted teeth. Inuyasha shook his head, wrapping both his hands over her fist.


“Don’t be like this, please”


“Don’t tell me what to do and please don’t make this harder on me. Can’t you just make your wish,” Kagome shouted.


“I will, but I want you to hear it,” Inuyasha said. Kagome took a deep breath, calming herself.

“But what if I don’t want too,” She asked. Inuyasha sighed and looked into her eyes.


“I just want you to know, what I wish for,” Inuyasha said. Kagome closed her eyes and shook her head. Inuyasha pried open her fingers and rested his palm over the jewel while it rested in Kagome’s hand.


“I wish for you to have a happy life,” Inuyasha said. Kagome’s eyes snapped open, and she looked frightfully at her their hands as it began to glow.


“What’s going on?” Kagome asked. The jewel’s light grew brighter, and they pulled back from it, the jewel just hovered in the air.


“I made a wish,” Inuyasha told her. Kagome looked at him, her eyes wide.


“I, I think I might of too,” She replied. Inuyasha looked at her.


“What do you mean, what did you wish for,” He asked. Kagome looked at him the light growing more intense.


“I just wished-,” She stopped though, as an unfamiliar feeling drifted over her body.


“Kagome,” Inuyasha screamed. She was disappearing, her body going see through. This wasn’t what he wanted this wasn’t supposed to happen.


Kagome had wished by accident on the jewel, maybe the same time Inuyasha had made his wish. It seemed silly that they should wish the same thing for each other. Happiness.