InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Within Time a Love is Lost ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Within Time a Love is Lost
Created by: Tai-Chee

X

A person can be in love with someone forever till the end of time. But if that person doesn't tell or show the feelings of love, it will be just another person living in a dream, lost of true love.

- Unknown

X

His heart was slowly breaking as he held her in his arms, her tears staining his shirt. She was his lifeline, and letting her go meant letting go of everything else. After twelve years with her, he had learnt many things from this girl. He had learnt to open up, to see things from a new perspective, and to love. He could feel emotions welling up behind his eyes, but he refused to let the tears fall.

"Come Inuyasha, it's time to leave." An older version of the boy called from the truck parked in the driveway. Inuyasha looked back at his older brother, knowing that he had to face reality.

"Y-you can't l-leave!" The girl sobbed into his shirt, her body shaking violently. He rubbed her back soothingly as he attempted to sooth her tears.

"I have to, I'm so sorry Kagome." He whispered into her ear, his voice cracking with sadness. A stray tear slid down his cheek as he held her tightly once again. He felt her sobs die down and she pulled back gently to face him-as did he. He looked into her piercing midnight blue eyes which were red from crying. He brushed her ebony hair out of the way so he could look at her beautiful face. Her face was red and blotchy from her tears, but he still awed in her beauty.

"It's not fair." She whispered as she looked into his golden eyes. Her petit fingers curled themselves in his mane of silvery hair, wanting to feel it one last time.

"Life's not fair." He said with his weak voice.

"I'm going to miss you so much." She said with a slight smile, trying not to make their last moments together so miserable.

"Not as much as I'm going to miss you." She sniffled as she heard his brother call him once again, only more urgent.

"Inuyasha-"She tried, but was cut off when she felt the soft pressure of his lips against hers. It was a chaste kiss, but it held so much meaning. He pulled away and looked into her eyes once again before he let her go and started towards the truck where his brother was impatiently waiting.

"I'll come back for you!" He called as he gave her one last gaze as he got into the truck peering out the window at her. Tears started to stream her face as she watched him back out of the driveway and start to head down the street. She started to chase after the truck, running as fast as her legs would carry her. Inuyasha stuck his head out the window and watched her run after him, his heart shattering into a thousand pieces.

`I love you Kagome.' Inuyasha thought to himself as he watched her get smaller and smaller. A single and stray tear slid down his cheek. He pulled himself back inside the window, praying that he would never forget her.

X

O

X

O

X

I originally started it as chapter 1, but then I didn't like how it was all completely clueless and then just started on a prologue. I'll try to get the actual chapter 1 up, but we'll see. If you don't get what exactly this story is about, then I'll happily explain it to you next chapter. But this idea came to me when I was listening to Fokissed - opposite day, it's a really good song and Fokissed rocks! But anyways, yeah; Arrivederci!

-Tai-Chee