InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf of mine ❯ Kitsunes ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry about the delay on posting this chapter I just haven't had a chance to sit down for any period of time at the computer. Already thinking up chapter 10 right now so hopefully I will be posting it soon. Thanks everyone for reviewing!
 
Ok to answer your question Kriszy the reason the well stopped working is because fate is playing Cupid and will begin working again when the author gets around to feeling like it :)
 
Disclaimer: I don't in any way shape or form own Inu and co ok?
 
After paying for the jeans, and finding him some shirts as well, the pair decided to go were as Koga put it “all the wonderful smells were coming from.” in other words the food court.
 
As they walked Koga couldn't help but stare, at everything from all the different stores, to all the different people. There were old, young, and teenagers with strangely colored hair.
 
As soon as they got there she told him “You stay here with the stuff, and I will get us something to eat ok?” She then walked over to a place, called “WacDonalds” and began to order.
 
In a few minutes, she came back with a try heaped full of delightful smelling things.
 
“I got more than I usually would because I don't know how much you eat but judging by how much you loved the pizza, I got you a couple of Burgers and some fries ok?”
 
Just as he was about to nod, Koga stiffened visibly and through a sharp glance over his left shoulder, at the couple that was sitting behind them.
 
“What's the matter Koga?” whispered a confused, but alert Kagome
 
Turning back to her he relaxed a little. “That couple over there by that large plant, are actually Demons.” He said as he started chowing down on his burgers.
 
“What? What do you mean there aren't any demons in my time, so how is that possible?”
 
“They are putting up a shield of sorts, you did say that this is only about five hundred years from my time right? Well demons, full blooded demons can live up to over a hundred before they even hit middle age. So it makes some sense that there would still be Demons in this time period, they just had to disguise themselves that's all.” He said in between mouthfuls.
 
Concentrating on the couple that he pointed out, she suddenly gave a small gasp of surprise, for instead of the two humans that had been sitting there she could she two Kitsunes instead, with kind of a pink haze around them.
 
Shaking her head she looked back at them not concentrating so hard and saw the humans instead.
 
“So there are demons in my time after all.” She said shaking her head as if it hurt.
 
O0O
 
Meanwhile, Inuyasha had finally convinced Kaede to come out to the well, to see if there was anything that could be done about him not being able to get through.
 
Taking her onto his back he jumped down, to show her what he was talking about.
 
“Usually there is a warm, blue glow and I find myself in Kagome's time, but this time it let Koga through instead, and not me. I don't even know if she's ok” he said his ears drooping slightly “or if she can come back either, and that mangy Wolf is there, doing God knows what to Kagome.”
 
After looking around the bottom of the well, Kaede looked at him rather gravely. “I can't do anything here, I'm sorry Inuyasha but I don't know why the Well stopped. And until we do know why there isn't anything that I can do.”
 
Silent for a change, he took her back to her Hut and dropped her off, then took off running.
 
`What if I never see you again, Kagome what would I do?'
 
So on he ran with his sad thoughts until he ran into a meadow, were he saw a familiar face. A face, almost like the one that he was missing, only much, much colder and sad.
“Kikyo.”
 
O0O
 
After finishing there lunch, they started back to Kagome's house, again taking there time enjoying the warmth, and the sun.
 
As they walked, Kagome told him about life in the present, and what life was like.
 
As they went past an corner, they ran into a couple of tall, bulky men dressed in black leather, that were hanging around into walkway, almost as if to harass the people walking that way.
 
“hey look what we got here man.” Said the smallest of the two men as he sneered at them. “a guy and a nice looking girl”
 
“now what should we do with you two?” said the larger of the two.
 
“well I know what I would like to do with her” smirked the smaller one
 
Growling Koga looked both men over quickly. “I'd suggest that you two walk the other way and leave Kagome and myself alone before I have to hurt you both.”
 
“hear that man he's going to hurt us” said the smaller one who kind of looked like a greasy weasel, as he pulled out a rather large knife from his Leather jacket.
 
Chuckling the larger one, also pulled out a rather wicked looking knife and held it up.
 
“Now unless you don't want your Girlfriend to look as pretty as when she walked this way or you can give us, what's in your shopping bags and all of your money, or we might just have to get a little rough with the two of you.”
 
Pulling Kagome behind him, Koga quickly got into a fighting stance. “I'd like to see you try that buddy.”
 
Grinning they both came at him at once, only to be sent flying back into the wall of the nearby office building.
 
At that they both took off running, as if the Devil himself was after them.
 
Laughing, he turned to a very pale Kagome. “are you ok? Whats the matter?”
 
“They could have hurt you! What were you thinking? They had knives and they were both pretty strong they could have seriously hurt or even killed you!” said Kagome as she looked at him starting to shake a little.
 
“those two nah I've fought worse Demons in my time, besides I couldn't let them talk about you like that.” He said with a quick smile.
 
`when Inuyasha saves me he makes it seem like it's a chore, like its something that he only does because he absolutely has to, but Koga didn't even bat an eyelid about it, it was as if it was something ordinary' She thought as they continued back to her house.
 
And that's all for now folks hope you enjoy the 9th chapter of my story. Sorry about he delay but life is a wonderful yet a crazy thing and ive had no time to type this up. Thanks to