InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf of mine ❯ Sunsets ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Wolf of Mine
Disclaimer: I don't own Kouga or anyone else in the Anime Inuyasha.
 
Getting off Koga in a hurry, Kagome's face was the brightest red it had ever been in her entire life.
 
`Koga just kissed me, he just KISSED me, and I actually ENJOYED it! But what am I going to do about Inuyasha?' she thought to her self as she got up.
 
`Well why are you waiting for Inuyasha anyway? Its not like he has ever kissed you or has been this wonderfully sweet with you like Koga has been.' Argued the non-rational part of her brain. (At least she hoped it was the Non rational part of her brain)
 
Koga got up off of the hard sand, and looked at Kagome, very red in the face himself.
 
“Well now that we have chased each other all over the beach, maybe now we can go swimming.” Said Koga as he brushed the sand off of the back of his boxers.
 
Still red in the face Kagome could only nod and head for the water her brain going 90 million miles an hour and feeling on the verge of crashing, as all of the thoughts in her head whirled around.
 
`Does she regret that we kissed? I just couldn't help it when she landed on me, she looked so Beautiful, with her hair all tousled around her face. And besides she kissed me back so its not like I forced her into anything, but its obvious that she still has feelings for the mutt, so what am I going to do?' he thought as he walked down to the water, beside Kagome not his usual cocky self.
 
`I'll just have to work twice as hard to show her how much I really do love her' he thought as he caught up to Kagome, but as he got closer to her, a scent wafting off of Kagome made him stop in his tracks.
 
`So she did like it!' He thought as he smirked and caught up with Kagome who was already waist deep in the water.
 
Turning toward Koga, for just a second as she was walking to the water she frowned for a second at the expression on his face, almost like he regretted kissing her, or that he thought that she did, but then as he got closer and sniffed the air slightly his face lit up, and he smirked before catching up to her in the water.
 
`Wonder what that was all about' she shrugged as she dove under the water.
 
Swimming under water for a little bit helped Kagome clear her head just a bit.
 
`Ok so now I know that I do kinda like Koga like that, and that he definitely likes me like that, but what am I going to do about it? I mean he is sweet and all that but aside from when he kidnapped me I practically know nothing about the guy, and then there is the Shikon jewel factor, Koga wanted me for that at first but Inuyasha expects it for himself, when and if we defeat Naraku. Koga also hates Inuyasha because he is a half demon, so if we did get married and had pups they would be half-demons as well, so what would he do?' she thought about all this and more before surfacing, to find a very worried Koga treading water.
 
“You were under for so long I thought that maybe something had happened to you.” He said with a slightly worried face
 
Laughing she splashed him with water. “I was on the swimming team at my school when I was younger, I can actually hold my breath longer than that, Sota says that's how come I can yell so loud.”
 
Diving underneath the water once again, Kagome smirked just a bit before swimming under the poor unsuspecting wolf, and yanking him under by his legs.
 
With a rather large splash, Koga went under, only to see Kagome doubled over in silent laughter the bubbles escaping through her nose as she laughed.
 
With a playful growl Koga, that came out more as a muffled gurgle as it was underwater; swam toward her and began to tickle her ribs.
 
Finally with a gasp they both surfaced, laughing as they did so.
 
Swimming over to a large rock that stuck out of the water she climbed up onto it and sighed pulling her knees to her chest.
 
“What's wrong my sweet?” Koga asked as he pulled on his jeans.
 
“Nothing its just that sunsets are so beautiful aren't they?” she said as she sat there gazing over the sea.
 
Sitting down beside her he smiled at her, “well we can stay until the sunsets al least.”
 
He put his arm around her waist pulling her towards him, smiling up at him she laid her head on his shoulder, as the sun slowly made it's decent.
 
As they sat there, watching the sky turn orange and pink, Koga leaned over and softly kissed Kagome on the forehead.
 
So they stayed there, content just to be in each other's company, side by side looking out to the horizon as the sun slowly disappeared beyond their view, leaving only pink and orange streaks in the sky.
 
Still leaning against him she sighed a bit.
 
“We should probably be getting back before one of us catches cold.” She said as she went to get up, with a mental picture of a sick but still very sexy Koga, without a shirt on, just laying in bed with a thermometer in his mouth.
 
“Can't have my woman sick, not on my watch.” Smirked Koga as he stretched his arms above his head.
 
Diving back into the water, they swam back to shore to put back on the clothes that they had left in a pile.
 
As they got out of the water Kagome realized something important: that cotton boxers when they get wet tend to stick to the person who is wearing them.
 
So with her face red she began to turn away to get dressed herself but not before he had a chance to shake himself dry.
 
 
Squealing as the cold water hit her, Kagome couldn't help but laugh as he did that.
 
After she got dressed again, she turned around and looked up at the sky, and saw a shooting star, just as Koga quickly picked her up and started off toward her house, Kagome made a quick wish.
 
`I wish that I can get through this with Inuyasha, and Koga, hopefully with out hurting anyone.'
 
Meanwhile back in the Feudal Era:
 
Inuyasha sat quietly in one of the lower arms of the God tree, staring up at the sky.
 
As our sad hanyou friend stared up at the sky, he sighed just a bit.
 
Looking up to the heavens he saw a star shoot across the sky, closing his eyes he made a silent wish.
 
`I wish that whoever Kagome chooses to be with that she is a least happy, because even though I truly do love her I only wish her to be happy, even if it is with Koga.'
 
And that's were I'm going to leave it folks because I have to get ready to go.
Hope that you like my 13th chapter of Wolf of mine
 
This chapter was helped along By Menolly Harper who not only inspired me to type more but added some things as well. And she also has drawn a piece of fan art for my story which if anyone would like to see it is on her Devianart page by going to: http://kara-harper.deviantart.com/ she also has a sketch there as well that is for next chapter. I also recommend reading some of her stuff especially: From Bad to worse, and Taking so Much. Fantastic stories and awesome art. check it out!