InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Won't Be Home Again ❯ Won't Be Home Again part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Won’t Be Home Again
By. DemonGirl-Setsuna

------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------

DemonGirl-Setsuna: Hi there! Setsuna here!

Welcome back!

As I explained in Part 1, I had to break this into two parts because it was so long.

Plus, with it this way, you won’t have to read to almost the end to get the song-fic!

It’s right below this author’s note!

So, without further delay!

Here is Part 2 of ‘Won’t Be Home Again’!

Please Enjoy!


Disclaimer: I don’t own InuYasha or anything belonging to Rumiko Takahashi or ‘Evanescence’ or their song ‘Missing’.

------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

Part 2

-------------------------------------------



I nuYasha slowly opens his eyes and sits up as he looks around the hut.

Kaede’s hut…’, he thinks.

His gold eyes that normally burned with the fire of the will to survive, were dull and worn like old tarnished gold, like he lost all hope.

He looks down at his hand, ‘I’m a burden on everyone’, he mentally says, ‘I can no longer burden them’.



*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-< br>
Please, please forgive me,
But I won’t be home again.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Kagome walks back into the hut, a bucket full of water in her arms.

Suddenly, she drops the bucket; spilling the water all over the floor, when she finds InuYasha missing from the futon.

“Kagome, what was that noise?”, Sango asks, running in.

“What’s wrong?”, Miroku questions.

“InuYasha has gone missing”, she replies.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

M aybe someday you’ll look up,
And, barely conscious, you’ll say to no one:
“Isn’t something missing?”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


InuYasha stumbles through the forest, leaning on his tetsusaiga for support.

“Everyone; a year from now, would have forgotten me by then”, he mutters, “I’ll just be a partial memory they’ll remember from time to time”.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

You won’t cry for my absence, I know-
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant…?
Am I so insignificant…?
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Sango, Miroku, and Kagome stare at the empty futon.

“Where could he have gone?”, Kagome worriedly wonders.

“What’s this?”, Miroku asks, picking up a piece of paper.

“It looks like a note!”, Sango says.

“What does it say?”

“It says:

Dear. Everyone,

I’ve come to realize, that on one has cared for my existence; that I’m unwanted by everyone.

So I’m going to end the pain and my burden on everyone.

To Kagome; I love you with all my heart and I know you will never return my feelings.

If you all have a little kindness to give me a proper burial, you’ll find my body under the sacred tree.

I know you won’t be missing me!

From,
InuYasha”, Miroku reads.

Kagome runs from the hut, ‘He’s planning on killing himself!’, she thinks.

“Kagome!”, Sango calls out.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Even through I’m the sacrifice,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Through I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


InuYasha sits among the sacred tree’s roots, enjoying his last moments, before he ends his suffering.

“No one’s coming to stop me…”, he whispers, “Just as I thought, no one cares…”.



----------------------


Meanwhile…



Kagome ran as fast as she can, ignoring the pain in her sides.

“Please don’t let me get there too late…”, she pants.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Ple ase, please forgive me,
But I won’t be home again.
I know what you do to yourself,
I breathe deep and cry out,
“Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me?”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


“Once me deed is done, I’ll never return to Kaede’s village again”, InuYasha whispers, “I’m going to miss Kagome’s babbling when she’s embarrassed. I hope she’ll at least miss me a little”.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Even through I’m the sacrifice,
You won’t try for me, not now.
Through I’d die to know you love me,
I’m all alone.
Isn’t someone missing me?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


InuYasha slowly brings his left hand up to his neck, feeling his blood pulsing through his veins, he tightly grips the tetsusaiga in his right hand.

I won’t need my demon-blood to save my life’, he thinks.

He slowly pushes his claws into his neck, wincing as he does, feeling thin streams of his blood flowing down his chest.



*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

< i>And it I bleed, I’ll bleed,
Knowing you don’t care.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


He slightly moves his fingers inward towards his palm, severing the precious blood-vessels and allowing his blood to flow out like a river.

“There is no turning back now…”, he mutters, beginning to grow light-headed, as he puts his blood-covered hand down, “You don’t love me, do you Kagome?”


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

And it I sleep just to dream of you
I’ll wake without you there,
Isn’t something missing?
Isn’t something…

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


“Kagome…&# 8221;, he whispers, his vision blurring in and out of focus, “Even if I close my eyes and open them again, you wouldn’t be standing in front of me…”, he says to himself, closing his gold eyes.

“You won’t miss me, will…”, he says, opening his eyes again, “…you…”, he trails off.

Kagome stands there hunched over, bracing her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

“…Kagome…”, he gasps.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Eve n though I’m the sacrifice,
You won’t try for me, not now.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


“InuYasha… ”, Kagome says, walking towards him, ‘Please don’t let me be too late!’, she prays.

InuYasha struggles to his feet and clumsily stumbles towards Kagome, his free flowing blood creating a trail of blood-puddles under and behind him.

Kagome gasps at the amount of blood covering his chest and the ground, and how pale his skin was.

Suddenly, InuYasha trips; his strength to move his feet gone, and Kagome runs forward and catches him, cradling his head to her chest.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Tho ugh I’d die to know you love,
I’m all alone.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Kagome absently starts stroking his silvery-white hair, tears beginning to brim her brown eyes.

I’m too late…’, she thinks, stroking his cold cheek.

“Kagome…”, he weakly whispers.

“Yes, InuYasha?”, she asks.

“Are you…really here…?”, he weakly questions, trying to open his eyes; only barely able to open them a crack.

“Yes, I am”, she replies, her tears breaking loose and falling onto his face.

“Why…are you…crying…?”, he says, a small stream of blood trailing from the corner of his mouth.

“Because I love you, InuYasha…”, she sobs, leaning in and hesitantly brushing her lips against his blood-coated lips, then deepens the kiss, tasting his blood in her mouth.

She does love me!’, he thinks, tears starting to stream down his cheeks, ‘Oh god! What have I done?’, he screams in his head as his vision fades to black and he feels nothing, and he breathes no more.

“InuYasha…?”, she asks, as he limply fell from her lips.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Isn& #8217;t something missing?
Isn’t someone missing me?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


An Hour Later…



Sango, Miroku, and Kaede find Kagome sobbing and crying on the chest of a cold, dead InuYasha, her clothes and skin stained with his blood.

“Please, InuYasha… Open your eyes… You can’t be dead…”, Kagome sobs, “I love you, and I’ll miss you, my love…”, were her last words as she fell asleep on his chest.



------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

DemonGirl-Setsuna: Well? What did you think? Please review!

(Is trying to contain her tears) I can’t believe I wrote this!

Well, the friend who challenged me to write this, read it when it was still on paper; before I had typed it up, and she normally finds InuYasha annoying and she dislikes him, but after she read it, she was upset at his death and appreciated InuYasha being alive, and told me to never write anything like this again!

Catch you readers in my other stories!