InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Worst Nightmare ❯ A Hard Desicion ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own the Inuyasha characters. I do own this plot line and the ocs.

--

A Hard Decision:

After a while, Kagome dried her eyes and pulled herself up off the floor. 'I can't just sit here crying. They need me.' She ran into her old bedroom, unlocking her desk.

Sorana followed her daughter. "What are we going to do Kagome?"

Kagome pulled out her wallet and threw her purse on the floor. "I'm gonna find him, that's what."

Sorana bit her lip. "What about the police?"

"No! No police. Renkotsu isn't to be taken lightly Mom. He's dangerous." Kagome pulled out her spare Glock 17RTF 9MM FS 17round and checked that it was clean. She checked that the magazines were full and slipped two spare clips, fully loaded into her holster.

Sorana's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Kagome, you still have those?"

Kagome replied crisply, "I may not be a cop anymore, but I still pack when needed. Even P.I.'s need to have some way to protect themselves." She added a night site, then closed and locked the drawer.

Sorana frowned. Her daughter had grown into a tough woman over the last seven years. Kagome had also only moved back to town six short months ago. She missed her little girl and had a hard time coping with what a tough, no-nonsense woman she'd grown into. "What are you going to do?"

Tucking the gun into her holster, Kagome strapped it on around her ribs and sighed heavily. "I guess I have no choice." Her jaw clenched.

Eyes full of concern, Sorana pleaded, "You're not going after him alone are you?" fearful for her daughter's and grandchildrens' safeties.

Kagome bowed her head and whispered, "No Mom, not alone."

Seeing her mother's trembling lip and watery eyes, Kagome hugged her and assured, "I'll be careful. I promise and I'm wearing my vest too. See?" She tapped the bullet proof vest with her knuckles.

Noticing the look of determination in her daughter's eyes, Sorana expelled a heavy sigh, hugging her tightly. "You'd better come back safe."

Kagome kissed her mother's cheek and took a deep breath, before sending her a reassuring smile. "I always do."

Bracing her shoulders as if preparing for battle, Kagome walked downstairs and climbed into her car. Her hands tightened on the steering wheel, turning white. 'I can't believe I'm doing this… What if he gets pissed at me and refuses to help?'

An image of her childrens' faces smiling and carefree as they slept filled her mind. They looked so innocent and so vulnerable. Moisture welled in her eyes. She swallowed the thickness in her throat. 'But, if f I don't go and Renkotsu hurts them… I'll never forgive myself.'

Her hands unclenched. One palm slammed into the side of her steering wheel. "No!" She wiped the tears away and took a deep breath. Silence filled the air as she stared out the windshield.

Kagome closed her eyes sighing. 'I have to get my kids back. That's all that matters.'

She slowly expelled a long breath and booted up her laptop and brought up her case files. She started the engine. 'Hang on babies, Mama is coming.'

--

A/N: Hm… I wonder what Kagome has planned? XD The next chapter should post soon.