InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Worst Nightmare ❯ Wrath Unleashed Pt 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own the Inuyasha characters. I do own this plot line and the ocs.

A/N: A big thank you to Ilovebutch19 for the RP she did helping me iron out the kinks between Ban/Kag in this chapter XD

Wrath Unleashed Part I:

--

Bankotsu's jaw clenched as the visions of her with another man continued taunting shoulders became rigid and he flexed his bicep, while opening and closing his fist.

Violent thoughts filled his head as he imagined the different ways he could humiliate the man and make him pay for ever touching Kagome.

'And now she expects me to help her get her kids back?'

Chest heaving with anger, he narrowed his eyes at her. "Why ask me for help?" the bitterness in his tone, cause both Kagome and Jakotsu to flinch.

Kagome's lips trembled before she spoke. "Six years ago, you came to me for help when your brother was kidnapped."

Anger at be replaced by some other bastard, filled him to the brim. Bankotsu's fist clenched tight. If looks alone could kill, she'd have already been dead.

Ignoring his glare, she continued, "Now I need you to help me get my children back."

At the mention of her children, Bankotsu slammed his fist onto the bar counter. "Find someone else." He seethed.

Kagome blinked a few times and then stared at him.

Jakotsu flinched and quickly put the bottle away, before his brother could destroy more of their revenue.

Kagome's voice shook. "So, you're not going to help me?" She stared at him in disbelief.

He stared at her. "No."

She had to close her eyes because the room suddenly started spinning. 'He won't help.' Her mind taunted her. Her heart sank and shattered into millions of pieces. Icy dread replaced what little hope she'd been struggling to hold onto.

Her face deadpanned and her eyes welled with tears. "But I helped you when you needed it. I –"

Bankotsu snarled. "And in return you demanded that I stay out of your life. 'No contact period' - those were your exact words Kagome."

Those words had haunted him time and again for six years. Those words had crushed his hopes of ever having a happy future.

She couldn't believe he was being so callous. Her hands shook as she stood up and stared at him, before sighing and lowering her head, refusing to let him see her tears fall. She grit her jaw and stiffly walked towards the door.

She stopped midway and spun around. Anger replaced her disbelief. She gave him the coldest stare that she had ever given anyone. "I should have known better than to think that you could ever be reliable."

Bankotsu snorted derisively and glared at her.

Righteous anger boiled up inside of her. She seethed, "You were the one who threw me away first Bankotsu."

He shot back, "You're the one who decided to become a fucking cop!"

"You knew I wanted to help people so they wouldn't have to suffer like you and Jakotsu did."

"Hey! Don't try to turn this around on me. You're the one who became a fucking cop, knowing what hell they had given me and my brother in the past."

She planted her hands on her hips and stared him down. "You know damned well you were a hellion. You were always getting into trouble, but I stuck by you through it all."

Her eyes watered some more. "I ask you for one little favor, and you act like the coldest bastard on the planet!"

He punched the stool behind him, causing it to break against the wall. He turned around facing her, with his chest heaving rapidly and his muscles bunching. "You're the one who told me no contact."

"I was still getting over you turning away from me for some blond whore, when you showed up on my doorstep that night asking for me to help you find Jakotsu." Her chin titled. "But I still helped you!"

She clenched her fists. "And now you not only refused to help me get my kids back, but you have the nerve to sit there and throw my words back in my face."

He teased. "Aw, poor little Kagome doesn't get her way." He smirked cruelly. "Sucks to be you, doesn't it?"

She hissed venomously, "You're right about one thing – you're not the man I knew. Because the Bankotsu I knew never would have acted like such a fucking coward."

He growled and kicked the bar stools in front of him, sending them flying toward the empty space down the bar.

She titled her chin and continued, "The Bankotsu I grew up with treasured family more than anything else, despite being a damned gang-banger."

Bankotsu took a menacing step towards her.

She stood unflinching and spat out disgustedly, "And the Bankotsu I knew would have never left his children to suffer at the hands of a pyromaniac madman." She spit on the floor. "You're nothing like the man I knew."

Bankotsu stood there shell shocked, with wide eyes as her words registered. 'His kids,' played like a mantra inside his head.

Kagome was about to storm out the door, to get her kids on her own, when Jakotsu threw the bottle against the mirror, shattering glass everywhere.

"Fucking enough already, from both of you!"

--

A/N: Wow Tempers are flaring eh? What will happen next? You'll have to tune in next time to find out! XD