Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ -[ Missing ]- ❯ Chapter One- Fading Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-[ Missing ]-

[ Summary ]- She never spoke. Not a word. The silence was her answer. It was her only choice…A promise from long ago is the key. Will those three words set her free? RikuXOC
[ Disclaimer ]- I do not own Kingdom Hearts One or Two in any shape or form. I merely own the plot and any character you do not recognize.

-[ Reviewers ]-
WolfishSerenity- Thanks a lot, and yeah, it did seem rushed. I was being hurried off the computer before I could really make it sound any better. Hopefully this came out a bit better.

MAIDEN OF TIME AND SPACE- Thanks a lot! Here’s the update you wanted.


Chapter One- Fading Memories.


----


Please, Please forgive me…
But I won’t be home again.


----
[ Start, present time. ]



Tap

Tap

Tap

A set of deep lavender hues glanced around the room in which she sat, pitch black strands of hair getting in her face. Lifting a somewhat pale hand to push some of those thick strands of hair away, those lavender orbs glanced outside.

Outside was a simple area of vast, flush coconut trees. Sandy beaches were spread throughout the area, providing the ground on which everyone walked. The sun was up and shining, reflecting of crystal blue waters. Children were running about, some her age, some younger. It seemed as if she was the only one inside their house on such a beautiful day here.

And she was. This very place happened to be Destiny Islands, where this girl now lived. Truth was, she hadn’t always been living here. And she never really went outside since she found no need to, explaining how her skin was pale in a place such as this. Her lips parted lightly as if to make a sound, say something, but nothing came out. No words, only a sigh.

You may be wondering where exactly she was at the moment, and the answer was simple. All you had to do was look outside at the huge, black gates. The gates she despised so much, and always have despised. On that fence was a name, the name of the place she was currently living at. Where she lived for the past eleven years.

Destiny Island’s Orphanage.


Every day she had thought about why she was left here, why her mother had abandoned her. The word always seemed to repeat in her head, over and over. That one word haunted her since that day. In fact, this was the very last word she had spoken for eleven years.

Why?

She hadn’t spoken since then, she had vowed inside her mind that she wouldn’t. And she intended to keep that promise, no matter what. There really was no reason to speak anyway, why would there be? She didn’t have any friends, and no one tried to be her friend.

The women at the orphanage had begged her to go outside, attempt to socialize. To do something other then just sit inside all day alone. In other words, they wanted her to talk. And she couldn’t do that. She wouldn’t.

Laying her arms on her desk, she put her head on it, watching the children play and do whatever it is they wanted to do. Her eyes closed lightly as she thought, thinking back on memories. Back when she was still with her mother.

---

‘”Mommy, do they hurt? “ A three year old girl sat there next to her mother, her lavender hues sparkling in curiosity and worry. She had black hair put up in little pig-tails, which were held up by ribbons. She was clad in a bright lavender summer dress.

The woman looked at her daughter, a fake smile plastered on her face. Her daughter was currently looking at a few scars she had on her back, the little girl having walked in on her getting dressed. The mother had slipped on a black shirt, covering the scars easily. Her emerald orbs met with the child’s as she knelt down in front of her.

“ No Raven, they don’t hurt me.” She patted her daughter’s head lightly, and the child frowned. Raven furrowed her eyebrows, and looked at her mom in a more curious manner, also clouded with more confusion.

“ But…when Daddy does stuff to you, you’re always screaming and crying…” She didn’t know what she was talking about, in reality. She was just a child, and didn’t understand.

Her mother’s eyes widened, then narrowed gently. She pulled her daughter in a hug, rubbing her hair in a motherly fashion. That was the only reply the child had as she blinked confused.

“ Mommy…?”

---


Her eyes opened again, and she felt a pang of sadness hit her. She made no sound, nor did she cry at the remembrance of her mother. She just sat there, her head still in her arms. No one knew about her mother, and as far as she was concerned, no one would ever know.

She buried her head into her arms more, the frown on her face more apparent. She wouldn’t let anyone know…never.

Her eyes widened a bit as she heard the door creak open, and the head mistress of the orphanage, Mrs. Saph, enter the room. Her eyes hardened, and all traces of emotion from her face were gone.

The woman walked over to Raven, her bright blue eyes swimming with fake kindness as a just as fake smile was plastered onto her face.

“ Raven dear, why don’t you go outside today? There are so many nice children out there for you to talk to.” She had made the mistake of saying talk, and the only response she got from Raven was silence. She frowned a bit, and narrowed her eyes.

“ It would do you some good to get out of the room, you’re getting awfully pale. We don’t want you getting sick now, do we?” Still no answer was given, and Mrs. Saph held back a growl of anger. Standing up, she forced that fake smile back onto her face.

“ Okay Raven, you can stay inside. I just hope you’ll come out eventually.” With that, Mrs. Saph made her way out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Raven let a relieved look cross her features, her body going from it’s tense position to a much more relaxed one. She frowned more, thoughts entering her mind.


People like her wouldn’t understand…

No, they don’t understand…

The couldn’t, it’s never happened to them…

Moving her gaze once more to the outside of the orphanage, she gazed out at the sparkling sea. Her hands clenched lightly, and her eyes narrowed. Biting her lip a bit, she closed her eyes in thought.


I want to go home…

I don’t want to be here…

I hate this place..

I…I….

Mommy…

Her eyes closed once more, but a lone tear streaked down her face as she left herself drift off to sleep. She knew she wasn’t going to have sweet dreams…

No, she would have to face the memories of a life she once had…

A life she knew she would never…have again.




[ End Chapter One. ]



[ Author’s Note. ]- I don’t know what got me going on this chapter, but I suppose I got some inspiration lately. Anyway, here’s Chapter One. Chapter Three is coming soon, so I hope you enjoyed this one.


Love Always,

Dreaming-of-a-Shadow.