Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence Of Fantasies ❯ The Prisoner ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


THE PRISONER
Riku felt dizzy. It was dark and he found himself trying to remember what happened to get him in this condition. He was sure he didn't drink or take anything he shouldn't nor did he believe he was dreaming. He opened his eyes wider as he tried to figure out where he was at, but no matter how wide he opened them it was still dark. Fear overcame him as he began to think the worst. Was he blind? He felt around to feel nothing but air.
"Hello?" He called out, his voice echoing as he continued to reach for nothing in particular. Maybe he was in a dungeon of some sort...maybe he passed out in a room somewhere in the castle of Hallow Bastion. It was definitely a possibility. He's never really explored all there is to see in the place.
"Hello!"
Nothing. He began to get both panicky and annoyed that he had no idea what was happening. He hated not knowing how he got in this situation...whatever it was. Then he heard a familiar voice:
"You...you're not Riku!" It was filled with both confusion and fear.
"Sora?" As if a switch was turned on, Riku could see again. Sora's worried face was staring back at him as Kairi's unconscious body laid at his feet. Riku tried to move; tried to run to her but he found his body not responding. "What the-?" He tried to look around but even his eyes wouldn't obey and when he spoke his words didn't come out.
He felt himself laughing, "Of course not."
"Who are you?" Sora asked angrily, clenching his fist as he glared daggers at Riku, "What do you want? And give Riku his body back!"
My body? Riku tried once more to move his body himself but once again he couldn't. Why can't I control my own body? Who's Sora talking to? Aargh! I can't remember anything but...crap...Ansem. He remembered now. After being defeated by Sora and betrayed by Donald and Goofy, he came to him. Ansem promised to make Riku stronger if he opened his heart to the darkness...and he fell for it. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! He cursed himself for being so selfish and blind. Couldn't he see that he was what Maleficent said he would become? He was now a puppet to the heartless.
Maleficent...Images of her splattered all over the room floor flashed in his mind as he remembered that she was no more. Sora defeated her also. Guilt and shame filled Riku as he realized he allowed his competitiveness with Sora to outweigh what was more important: helping her. He allowed the darkness and heartless to help him, but it wasn't for Kairi. It was for himself.
"I will...once you give the Princess back hers." He found his mouth saying. Wait...what? Riku blinked in confusion as he tried to understand what he-Ansem actually-just said.
"What?..." Sora asked, touching his chest as he gave Riku an incredulous look, "Kairi...Kairi's inside me?"
He nodded, "Your hearts are intertwined. She's always been with you." Riku came to a realization as he thought about those words. So it's true...Kairi does love Sora. It hurt to hear and think about it but deep down Riku knew it all along. All Kairi would do was talk about Sora when she was alone with Riku. He hoped that would change when she realized his feelings for her...but it never did and she never realized.
Enough conversation, Ansem! Get rid of him! We need her now! A female voice was shouting in his head. It didn't sound familiar to Riku but Ansem knew it all too well.
Yes, Princess. Ansem responded mentally, striking his hand out towards Sora. "Open your heart to me, Princess!" He demanded as Sora fell to his knees in pain.
Stop! Riku tried screaming, shouting, moving to get to his suffering friend. Nothing. Nothing he did could stop his own body to reacting to what Ansem was doing to Sora, his friend. That was right. Despite it all Riku still had feelings for Sora as a friend; and Maleficent used that, along with Kairi, against him. Sora, you idiot! You can't let us win! You have to save Kairi! Please...you can do this! You can defeat me! You can defeat Ansem!
Riku saw something light up in Sora's eyes as he quickly blocked the hit he was about to receive from the oblivion.
"There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart!" Sora shouted furiously, pushing Riku back as he stood abruptly.
Riku smirked as he recovered from his shock of Sora's bravery. He knew the little goofy brunette always had it in him. Maybe Sora did have what it took to save her...but Riku wasn't satisified. He was sure Kairi was going to be ok...but something was missing...
He felt his hand clutching the oblivion angrily. Ansem was getting ready to attack Sora, and he was going to use Riku's body to do it. After receiving a blow to his side from Sora's keyblade, Riku gritted his teeth as both him and Ansem felt the pain. Great...I can feel his pain too? Being possessed sucks. He concluded before rushing towards Sora.
---
Samara tapped her fingers against the armrest of her throne. Her eyes were shut tight as she watched the fight in her mind. After losing her villains, hundreds of heartless, and Maleficent, Samara was fed up with the keyblade master. She underestimated him completely and using Riku against him again would be a waste since Riku now knew the truth and was once again on Sora's side. Ok, so that wasn't all exactly true. Riku didn't know the whole truth. He still didn't remember her. Samara smirked as she felt Lenne stir inside her.
Let me out! Give me my body now!
"Shut up, Lenne, I'm trying to watch something here." Samara replied, her voice echoing in the dark room.
You won't get away with this...you can't! Do what you want to me but Sora will defeat you like he did to your precious heartless and villains!
"Enough!" Samara shouted, irritated. She pulled out a small dagger and cut her own hand, leaving a deep slash in her palm. Lenne cried out as Samara watched the blood run down her hand.
"You see this, Lenne?" She asked, eyeing her hand with amusement, "This blood is yours. This body...though I am using it...is yours. And the pain that is felt...goes straight to you. I feel nothing. As long as I am in your body all the damage that comes to this body goes straight to you. So don't think I won't hurt this body, because if you continue to disobey and defy me then I will have you whipped once again. Got it?" She was answered with a sob from Lenne. "Good girl. Now let's continue to watch this fight that Ansem's losing!" She said the last word angrily as she watched Sora send another blow to Riku's body.
Lenne was quiet but Samara could sense happiness coming from the girl.
"I'm glad someone is enjoying this." Samara muttered darkly, her violet eyes glowing, "Maybe it's time Ansem got his own body back...he'll be stronger too. There's no use for Riku now..."
Samara...please...don't...Lenne begged as Samara sensed her fear.
"Heartless!" Samara ignored Lenne's pleading as four shadows formed infront of her, "We're done with Riku. You know where to take him. He'll be King Mickey's cellmate. As for Ansem, more power to his body. I want him to be practically indestructible."
The shadows nodded before disappearing back into darkness.
Samara sat back in her throne as Sora send another blow into Riku's body. She winced, knowing Ansem could feel the pain too. Unlike her possession with Lenne; Ansem felt everything.
"Better him then me." She shrugged as he fell to the floor in defeat, "Men...can they do anything right?"
---
Good job, Sora...you did it...Riku smirked as he fell to the floor; his body throbbing in pain. Though Riku got his butt handed to him again; he was happy Sora was going to save Kairi. Wow...where did that come from? Since when did I praise Sora for being stronger then me? He felt his mind coming back to him; though he still had the darkness, he was finally thinking clearly. Sora can do this! He can save all the worlds and protect Kairi. I believe he can...
"Sora! NO!" Donald and Goofy shouted as they watched Sora stab himself in the heart with the oblivion blade.
Sora, you idiot! Riku shouted, taking back everything he just said about him as he watched his friend float away and vanish. What have you done...?
"Sora, come back here!" Donald cried out, running to watch the horrible scene of the keyblade master sacrificing himself for the one he loves.
"Hm?" Kairi opened her eyes just in time to see him vanish, "S-sora?" She looked up at he ceiling in disbelief, her eyes filling with tears, "Are you...? NO! I WON’T LET YOU GO!"
Riku watched her reaction with sympathy. He has never seen such emotion come from her before, it both shocked and saddened him. She really does love him...
Ansem! Get up now! Get the girl! She's up and unarmed! It was that voice again. Riku felt his body stir in response. Who was this woman and how did she always know what was happening. Hurry! I'm sending heartless to help you too...you've embarrassed me once for today.
Heartless! Riku exclaimed. He had to stop Ansem and warn Kairi quick. But how? He couldn't stop his own body...or could he?
"Heartless!" Donald cried out as he held his staff tightly.
"Gawrsh...do you think we can beat them?" Goofy asked.
Donald nodded as both him and Goofy stood protectively infront of Kairi. "Don't worry, Princess, we'll protect you from them!"
"What about him?" Goofy asked with fear. Ansem stood and made his way towards them.
Come on, Riku! You can do this! You have to...after all you've done...you have to do something right for once! Riku shut his eyes tightly as he felt a small light within him brighten. Yes...come on! It's working!
Ansem felt himself stop as Riku's spirit stood infront of him. "Kairi! Run! I'll hold him off!"
"Riku?" Kairi asked. Her eyes lit up with hope and happiness.
"Just go!" Riku yelled, struggling to hold the body back.
"But..." Kairi nodded reluctantly as she saw a look in Riku's eyes that told her that he was going to be ok.
"Let's go!" Donald cried out as Goofy and Kairi followed him out the door.
Riku felt himself thrown back inside his own body as they fled. I did it...I...He stopped as a familiar figure stood before him. It's...you...
"Good job, Riku. Very impressive." She smiled, but there was no happiness in it. "You amaze me more everyday. But I feel you overstayed your welcome. It's time you joined our other prisoner."
He barely heard her; his gaze never leaving her brownish-red eyes. She looks so familiar...but how...? The long brown hair, big beautiful eyes, and legs seemed to go on for miles were like something from a dream. Had he seen her in a dream before? Probably. Except the eyes that looked like they were suppose to hold innocence looked tainted with darkness. Also her pupils were the shape of a heartless emblem, meaning she was one of them.
"Ugh!" Riku cried out as he felt Ansem leave his body and vanish off into darkness. For all Riku knew; Ansem could be out looking for Kairi and the King's lackeys. But right now he could care less as he received control of his own body.
"W-who are you?" He heard himself ask, not realizing the shadows form behind him.
She smirked, "It doesn't matter now." Tilting her head to the side she added, "Thanks for all the help by the way. I'm sure you would've made a good guardian for her. But you see, I like this body and there's no way in hell I'm letting you help her get it back."
"Wait...what?" He moved towards her but the shadows quickly grabbed him.
"Bye, Riku." Samara said before he was taken away into darkness.
---
"WHAT THE FUCK, ANSEM?" She screamed, stomping her foot like a stubborn child. "This is the third fucking time! THE THIRD!" Samara paced back and forth as Sora defeated Ansem again. She did all she could to wear out the little bastard but he just won't quit. And now he was probably on his way to Kingdom Hearts. "It's time I made an appearance." She decided as she grabbed her heartsblade, "I'll kill him myself."
---
"I now know...Kingdom Hearts is light!" Sora exclaimed as the huge white doors opened; light blasting out.
"No...it...can't...be!" Ansem cried out, shielding his face as the light ate at his darkness.
"Kingdom Hearts is light?" Samara asked as the light shone on her too, "NOOO!" She cried out as her body was cleansed from darkness; Samara was blasted out of Lenne's body to return to her dark depths in hell.
Lenne's body was left unconscious on the ground.
---
"Take care of her." Riku said with a grin as the doors began to close. It was finally over. Sora did it; he managed to save the worlds and get Kairi's heart back. Now him and Kairi can go back home to the islands and be happy again. Riku sighed as he remembered his predicament; he was stuck inside the door with millions of heartless and King Mickey.
"Riku?"
Riku turned to face the overgrown mouse with a grin, "You know...I always knew I'd end up a prisoner of some sort. I just thought it'll be behind bars; not a huge door. And I didn't think my cellmate would be royalty."
King Mickey chuckled, "Sorry to disappoint ya, Riku, but I must be going. I have other business to attend to...and so do you."
"Huh?" Riku asked dumbly, "But...we're stuck here...right?"
King Mickey shook his head as he placed something in Riku's hand. "I know why you did what you did, Riku. Don't feel like it's your obligation to stay in darkness...you do have a choice."
"You're not making any sense, King."
"You'll understand soon." King Mickey smiled, "I'm sorry I can't stay with you, Riku. But you have your own journey to go on...someone really needs your help and it's your destiny to help her."
"Her?" Riku asked, "But Sora's taking care of Kairi...she's safe now..."
He shook his head again, "Not Kairi. Another girl. The real reason you went into the darkness on the island." Riku gaped at him. "You take care of her, 'kay?"
"I...uh..." Riku looked down to find a silver necklace with a heart pendant in his hand. "It's the necklace Maleficent took from me...but how did you...?" He looked up to find King Mickey gone. "King?...great, he leaves me when I need him the most. Some king." The sound of a painful groan caught his attention. He immediately turned to see a girl in the distance. Her head was down and her long brown hair was covering her face but Riku recognized her. "You!"
Riku made his way to her but as he got closer he realized the girl was chained to something. He stopped a few inches away from her; just incase she was trying to fool him with the 'damsel in distress' act.
"Hmmm...." She groaned again, raising her head to peer at him, "W-where am I?" Shock filled her features as she got a better look of him, "Riku?"
Ok, she seems to remember me...but why isn't her eyes all creepy looking like they were before? "Who are you?" He asked, his voice demanding as he gave her a threatening look.
"No need to threaten me." She replied, "I think I've been through enough torture..."
"You seemed pretty healthy when you sentenced me here." Riku replied.
Lenne's eyes widened, "That wasn't me...ok, it was me but it wasn't." She sighed as she realized this was going to be difficult. She tried to move but the shackles restrained her. "Alittle help, please?"
Riku peered at her, "I don't think so."
Lenne frowned, "Why not?"
He pointed to the choker around her neck, "You have a heartless charm on your choker meaning..." He didn't get to finish as she began to cry out in fear.
"GET IT OFF ME!" She screamed, thrusting around, "Please! Get it off me!"
"Ok! Ok!" Riku replied. He reached around her neck to take the offending object off. "Better?" He asked, tossing it to the side.
Lenne was nodded silently before she began to sob. Riku held his breath as he looked around nervously. He really did suck when it came to comforting girls. That was a 'Sora thing'. Maybe it was a good thing Kairi ended up with him.
"It's not over...she's gonna come back...I know it." Lenne cried, huddling up into a little ball on the floor, "She's coming back for me and I can't stop her because you can't even remember me!"
"We've met?" He asked incredulously. His only response was more tears. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't cry!" He begged, kneeling down to try to calm her down. Remembering the necklace; Riku pulled it out to hand it to her. "Here...I think this is yours."
Lenne paused to gaze at the necklace. "My necklace...you found it?"
"You can say that." He responded.
Lenne shook her head in disappointment. "I bet you haven't even noticed the inscription."
"'You do have a heart, Lenne. Love Riku.'" He read aloud. He paused to glance up at her, "Lenne?"
"A deal with the devil caused you to forget me...twice." She replied. "You're my guardian, Riku."