Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence Of Fantasies ❯ Agrabah pt. 2 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Agrabah: The King Of Thieves pt. 2

---

A Whole New World: Agrabah

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

---

Lenne sighed as Jasmine and Aladdin reluctantly took her and Riku to the palace. Great...now they think we're evil or something. Why does Riku always have to threaten people into doing things? She looked up at the huge palace. It was a beautiful place. It was nothing like her palace with Queen Brahne. She noticed the huge wall surrounding it. Maybe all Princesses were prisoners in their own way. She glanced at Jasmine who held on to Aladdin.

"We're not going to hurt you." Lenne said, wanting to assure them.

"Oh really? Is the blade for looks then?" Genie asked.

Lenne sighed, "Riku, the oblivion isn't necessary. They're cooperating."

"And?" He asked. "I captured her once and gave her to Maleficent. Do you think they trust us?"

"Not now they don't!" Lenne replied. "Would it hurt to ask politely? Just because you have darkness in you doesn't mean you should act like a complete..."

"Heartless jerk?" Riku asked. "Sorry to disappoint you, Lenne, but I have Ansem in me. I'm evil no matter what."

"I wasn't going to say that, Riku! Why do you always gotta put words in my mouth?" Lenne asked. "It saddens me when you talk that way. All hopeless...I'm suppose to be the negative sacrifice! You're my positive guardian remember?"

"Let me ask you something, Lenne.” Riku replied. “When you read this book...it said your guardian was your light, right?” Lenne nodded. “Did it say anything about your guardian betraying his own best friends, joining the dark side, and having darkness within him?”

“No but...”

“There you go. For all you know I’m probably tainted. I’ve been doing a sucky job of protecting you so far. Am I even worthy of fighting the darkness within you? What if we both give in to it?”

“Don’t talk that way!” Lenne replied angrily. “We can fight this...together. All we need is that oracle.”

Jasmine, Aladdin, and Genie stared at them in confusion.

“And you thought you guys had relationship problems? Compared to these two you guys are the Arabian Barbie and Ken.” Genie said.

“What oracle are you talking about, Lenne?” Jasmine asked curiously.

“One of your wedding gifts is an oracle...I need to use it for something important.” Lenne explained. The huge gates began to open up for them. “Then maybe I can find a way to defeat Princess Samara.”

“Who?” Aladdin asked.

“Long story, not enough time. Move.” Riku demanded as he pointed his oblivion at Aladdin. Lenne sighed, wondering what was causing Riku to act like a complete jerk. Maybe he gave up on trying to join the light side again. If he did...then they were all screwed.

---

“Princess Jasmine! There you are...oh my!” The sultan stopped as he spotted Riku and Lenne. “I see you have some new...friends?”

“I wouldn’t exactly call them that, father.” Jasmine replied. “They want to see our wedding presents.”

“Um...ok...I placed them in a safe room over there.”

Riku made his way to the door and opened it. “Lenne,” he said. “Come on. Which one is the oracle?”

Lenne didn’t pay him any attention. Her mind was on something else. She felt a powerful darkness...a lot of darkness to be exact but it wasn’t heartless. “Someone’s coming.” she muttered.

“What?” Riku asked. “Who? Heartless? Nobodies? The organization? Samara?”

Lenne shook her head. “I don’t know but...some people are coming and they want the oracle too.”

--

In the distance a man stared at the palace with determination. He knew the oracle was in there and if it meant sneaking into the palace at night and killing everyone, including the sultan and princess, to get it then he'd do it. He had his 39 thieves with him and they were all starving for that oracle and the answer it held for what they were looking for.

"What we waiting for?" his righthand man, Saluk, asked. Saluk was a huge muscular man. He was bald and had a greyish color to him, he wore a knuckleduster with three bronze claws attached to it. He was ruthless and found pleasure in killing people. "You aren't afraid are you, Cassim?" he teased. He usually did that when he wanted to test Cassim, the king of thieves.

"Of course not." Cassim grinned. "Just enjoying the view of the palace before we destroy it. Once we find the hand of Midas I might even come back and buy the palace and become sultan myself." The other thieves laughed happily.

"Sure you will, Cassim." Saluk replied. "Let's go get that oracle."

---

"How many? Do you know?" Riku asked. He glanced cautiously around the room. He didn't sense any other darkness, but Lenne was better at it then he was. She did have more practice with her powers, having them longer then he had his.

"Forty." She replied.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Riku sighed. He just had a fight with that Organization member, who was ruthless by the way. Now there was forty other people he'd have to fight? "Do you know what they want?"

"I'm not a mind reader but I'm guessing they want what we want." Lenne replied.

Riku glanced in the treasure room. "The oracle?"

Lenne turned to the sultan. "You might want to get all your guards here. There might be a big danger coming to the palace."

"And you're not one?" Aladdin asked.

"Aladdin!" Jasmine gave him a disapproving look. Her eyes soften as she looked at Lenne. "Are they very dangerous?"

Lenne nodded. "I feel their intentions aren't to congratulate you."

"Father, do as she says." Jasmine said. "Aladdin, Genie, and I will protect the gifts."

"But, Jasmine-"

"Father, please. Just trust me on this one. I trust Lenne." Jasmine interrupted. Lenne smiled inwardly as she heard what Jasmine said. She just met the woman and already she trusted her. Usually people didn't trust Lenne. The ones that do quickly regret it like Tifa. Tifa...

Lenne shook out her thoughts and nodded. "Riku and I will help you protect the gifts."

"We will?" Riku asked incredulously.

"Of course." Lenne smiled.

"Wow, how much can change in a minute." Riku muttered before standing next to Aladdin infront of the door.

"Yeah, first we're your prisoners and now we're partners against whatever it is we're fighting." Aladdin said.

The palace began shaking as they heard a loud crash come from the east side of the palace.

"What on earth was that?" Jasmine asked in fear. "The guests! They're still sitting in the wedding area...they could get harmed!" They heard the screams of all the guests.

"Genie! Go help them!" Aladdin yelled.

Genie sighed. "Geez, help you guys...now you want me to help them? Make up your mind, Al! I'm not a fighting machine!"

"Genie!"

"Fine! Fine! Genie out!" He saluted and grabbed Iago. "You're coming with, bird man!" Iago struggled in his grasp as Genie disappeared.

There were loud animal noises, crashes, and screaming coming from the other side of the palace. Aladdin and Jasmine listened intently with pale faces. Lenne could tell they were worried about the others but they remained calm under all the commotion.

"What's going on over there?" Jasmine asked finally. "I hope father's ok!"

Iago flew back to where they were, breathing heavily. "Jasmine...Aladdin!"

"Iago! What's going on?" Aladdin asked as the parrot flew to them. "Who's broken into the palace?"

"...the...forty...thieves!" Iago screamed breathlessly. "Some of them are on their way here...for the oracle!"

Riku gripped his oblivion blade as he awaited the intruders. Forty thieves. That sounds bad. But compared to the heartless, Samara, and the Organization they aren't nothing. His aquamarine eyes glared at two figures who raced their way towards them. One was a huge man while the other was more slender like Aladdin.

"They have people guarding the door, Cassim!" Saluk yelled as he spotted them. "Two girls and a guy and a boy? This shouldn't be too hard."

"Never underestimate your opponents, Saluk." Cassim replied as he pulled out his weapon. He pointed at Aladdin who glared at him in return. "Don't be dumb, boy. Just move out our way and we'll make this as painless as possible."

"Or painful." Saluk grinned menacingly. "I love it when it's painful."

"Good, then you'll love this!" Riku quickly hit Saluk with his blade, sending him flying into the wall with a hard thump. "They aren't that strong. This'll be easy. Lenne, get the oracle."

Lenne nodded and ran towards the door. Jasmine followed her into the room to help her find it.

"No!" Cassim cried out. He swung his sword at Riku who easily dodged it. "You have no idea how much we need that oracle!"

"You mean want it." Aladdin replied. "Riku, go on with Lenne. If your her guardian it's best you protect her."

"When I said 'easy' I meant for me." Riku replied. "They may be a match for you, Aladdin."

Aladdin glared daggers at him. "Just go!" He growled as he blocked another blow Cassim threw at him. "Hurry!"

Riku shrugged. He didn't owe Aladdin anything so what did he care if something happened to him? He quickly made his way into the room with Lenne and Jasmine.

---

Saluk moaned in pain as he felt the the blood trickle down his forehead and onto his face. He wiped it off and looked at his hand. I'm bleeding? Impossible! That boy can't be no older then twenty and he got me with one shot!

You underestimated him like Cassim said you would. A voice said.

Saluk look around, his vision blurry, but he saw no one but Cassim and that other boy fighting. Now I'm hearing things?
Believe me, I'm no crazy voice in your head. The voice said with amusement. Though I have been believed to be a young girl's imaginary friend. I know men like you, Saluk. You want to be superior...strong...

"I am strong!" he cried out.

Then why are you sitting on the ground like a beaten up rag doll?

Saluk seethed with anger. "Who are you?"

Name's Samara. And I can give you that strength and power you want...all you have to do is open your heart to the darkness.

---

"Riku?" Lenne asked as she saw Riku enter the room. "What are you...where's Aladdin?"

"He's fighting one of the guys." Riku replied. "Find the oracle?"

Lenne gaped at him. "He's what?"

"Fighting one of the men." Riku saw her shocked look. "What?"

"You left Aladdin out there by himself?" Lenne asked incredulously.

Riku shrugged. "He told me to go!"

Lenne sighed and looked at Jasmine who quickly made her way back out the room to help Aladdin. "Good job, Riku! Ever hear of helping people?"

"I'm your guardian not Aladdin's."

Lenen was going to say something but decided not to. "I found the oracle." she replied instead. She held a long, thin, gold staff. "All we need to do is ask..." The palace began shaking violently, causing Lenne and Riku to fall to the floor. "What is that?" Lenne screamed as Riku covered her protectively.

"It ain't a earthquake! That's for sure!" Riku replied.

"ALADDIN!" Jasmine screamed.

Lenne glanced at Riku who returned her gaze. He knew what she wanted. "Fine...wait here. Don't do anything stupid." He got off her and ran out the room to see what was going on.

---

"He's huge!" Jasmine cried out as Aladdin and Cassim stopped fighting to gaze at the giant Saluk.

"We have a problem...GENIE!" Aladdin yelled as he slowly backed away from the overgrown man.

Cassim stared at Saluk in fear and confusion. How did he manage to get so big? It had to be some magical spell or something. What shocked him more was what the princess called the boy. Aladdin. Cassim had a son named Aladdin. He left him and his wife when his son was a young boy to find money for them. That's how he ended up joining the forty thieves, becoming the king.

"Give me a break." Riku muttered as he looked up at Saluk. "Samara you..." Riku quickly dodged a blow Saluk was sending towards him. His fist was bigger than Riku himself. That coul've hurt, he thought. Some people are so emotional.

"Get over here, you brat!" Saluk growled as his eyes glowed red. "I owe you for making me bleed!"

"Didn't like it?" Riku asked. "Then you won't like this!" Riku sent a blast from his oblivion towards Saluk, hitting him right in the head.

"Jasmine, go with Lenne." Aladdin ordered. "Riku and I can handle this guy."

"But what about him?" Jasmine asked, looking at Cassim who continued to stare at Saluk in awe.

Cassim received a hard blow to the head, passing out. "What about him?" Genie asked as he appeared by Aladdin and Jasmine. "The other thieves are being captured and the guests are ok...shooken up but ok."

"Thanks, Genie. But as you can see we have bigger problems." Aladdin replied.

Genie glanced up at Saluk who angrily tried to attack Riku. "Honey, who blew up the ugly guy?"

Aladdin shrugged. "It must have to do something with the heartless...Jafar was stronger with them too remember?"

"I'll go check on Lenne." Jasmine said. She quickly ran into the other room.

Aladdin looked over to Riku who was handling Saluk with ease. He was fast. Too fast. Aladdin couldn't even make out where he was going until he stopped to lay another blow on Saluk. Sora was never that strong...

---

"Lenne!" Jasmine yelled as she ran to her. "Are you all right? The man out there just grew ten times bigger! Your guardian is fighting him."

"Crap." Lenne replied. Samara..."She's gonna use that man to wear Riku out! She knows he just got into a fight with some Organization members and now she's gonna force Riku to use his dark powers like I did."

"What?" Jasmine asked.

"Nevermind." Lenne replied. "I have to hurry up and use this oracle." She lifted it up in the air. It began glowing and floated out of her hands to the center of the room.

The light shined brighter as a mirage of a woman appeared. "I am the oracle. You may ask one question and I will give you one answer. But remember...you may only ask one question."

Lenne bit her bottom lip in anxiety and glanced over at Jasmine who stared wide-eyed at the oracle. She had to make this question count. She could ask anything. Anything about herself, Riku, her past, future...ANYTHING! But she knew what she had to ask.

"How can I defeat Princess Samara of the heartless?" she asked boldly.

The oracle was quiet for awhile, gazing at Lenne with uncertainty. "A wise question. There is a book..."

"Yes! I know! 'The Heartless of Darkness'...I've read it." Lenne interrupted.

The oracle shook her head. "There are missing pages from the book that talks about Princess Samara and her past. They are scattered around the worlds like the Ansem reports were. With them you cna find a way to defeat her."

"Scattered? What worlds?" Lenne asked hastily.

"One question. One answer." The oracle replied before disappearing.

"It's gone!" Jasmine exclaimed. "What are you going to do now?"

"Find those papers." Lenne replied.

---

Riku was doing good. He was getting shots in and received no blows so far but he was getting tired. Genie and Aladdin were helping too but no matter how many times they attacked Saluk he remained unharmed.

"Would you just die already!" Riku yelled out in frustration.

Saluk chuckled. "Getting tired, Riku?" he asked.

Riku stopped to stare at the man. "How did you know my name?" he asked angrily.

"The princess told me." Saluk replied.

"Jasmine didn't talk to you!" Aladdin yelled.

"Not her, idiot!" He yelled back. "Princess of the heartless. Samara."

Riku froze at the mention of her name. "I knew it..."

"Riku!" Lenne yelled as Jasmine and Lenne ran out the room. She stopped to gaze at Saluk. "Oh my..."

"Lenne! Get back in there!" Riku shouted as he turned his attention on her. "He's a product of Samara's! Who knows what she's using him for!"

"I know! She's trying to...RIKU! LOOK OUT!" Saluk smiled as he caught Riku's attention elsewhere. He quickly swung at Riku, sending him flying through two walls. "RIKU!" Lenne cried. She ran towards him.

Riku weakenly sat up, filling all his strength being drained from him. "...ouch." He muttered as Lenne kneeled next to him.

"Riku! Are you ok? Oh god, you're bleeding!" She saw he had a dazed look in his eyes, she knew he'd lose consciousness soon. "Riku, stay with me...you have to stay with me!" He closed his eyes which caused Lenne to panic more. "Riku!" She grabbed his face. "Wake up, Riku! Please!" His head fell to the side as she sensed all his strength and light draining out of him. "No!" She pulled him into an embrace and began crying on his shoulder. "Riku...please get up...I can't lose you again."

Riku's eyes quickly snapped open. Lenne stopped sobbing as she sensed his strength going back into his body. "Riku?" she asked, confused. Not only was strength filling his body but darkness too. Lenne backed away to look at Riku's face. His eyes weren't their usual blue...they had a hint of green to them now. "Riku?" she asked again, this time more fearfully.

He paid her no attention as his gaze locked on Saluk. "Move." he said as he slowly got up.

Lenne shook her head. "No, Riku, you have to fight it..."

"You're in the way." he replied, shoving her to the side. He grabbed his oblivion blade and made his way back to Saluk.

"No...NO!" Lenne quickly got up and ran infront of Riku. "You have to stop! The darkness is consuming you! You're going to kill him!"

"What do you care? He's another puppet to the heartless and darkness." Riku replied.

"That's Ansem talking...not you!" Lenne replied. "Riku, please! I hate seeing you this way."

"Move."

"No!"

"Move!" he demanded.

"No!" Lenne yelled.

You might wanna move before he kills you too. Samara said.

Lenne grimaced as her voice entered her head. He can fight this...I know he can. He just needs help.

What he needs is for you to move so he can show you what his dark powers can really do!

Riku grabbed Lenne roughly by the arms, about to throw her to the side.

"Riku! I love you! Don't do this!" Lenne pleaded.

No!

Riku released his hold on her arms and looked at her with a weird expression. "You...what?"

Lenne realized he was coming back to his normal self. "I love you, Riku. Always have and always will."

Riku's gaze went from Saluk to her face. "You don't love me. You don't even want to be with me."

"I do! I do want to be with you but I'm afraid!" Lenne replied hastily. "Please, Riku, you can fight this."

"...move!" Riku demanded. He made no attempt to get past her though.

"Never." She grabbed his face and brought it to her, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "I love you too much to let you let them win, Riku."

NO!
"What...what's going on?" Saluk cried out as he began to shrink back to his normal size.

"Genie!" Aladdin exclaimed as he saw their chance. "Quick! Put him in a cage!"

"One pet cage coming up!" Genie said as he dropped a cage around Saluk, trapping him.

"Let me out!" Saluk screamed. "What happened? I was strong! I was superior!"

"Yeah well your normal again." Jasmine replied.

"Uh...you guys...I think we should give them your honeymoon suite." Genie said as he watched Lenne and Riku continue to kiss eachother.

Lenne felt all the darkness seep back into the back of Riku's heart. He was back to normal again.

---

"Thanks for the help I guess...even though you threatened us and used one of our wedding gifts to find out something." Aladdin said as they stood around the gummi ship. "By the way, did you find out what you needed to know?"

Lenne nodded and glanced at Riku. "It seems like we're going to have to do a lot of traveling together." Riku nodded but she sensed a lot of joy coming from him. Finally he's acting like a normal boy and not a guy damned to darkness. Maybe they could make it work this time...

"Well good luck. If you run into Sora tell him we said 'hi'." Jasmine said. "I hope you guys defeat your inner demons."

"Easier said then done." Riku replied. "But I'm sure we'll do ok."











.