Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Insulted ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 3:Insult.
 
 
Day: Monday.
 
 
The next day, Riku woke up on his own bed. He went to bathroom to take a shower, and then he put on his usual white shirt and dark blue trouser and looked at the clock on bedside table. 7.00am. He's late. Grabbing his bag, he dashed downstairs, passed the kitchen where he replied at his mother he's not going to eat when she asked and ran off to his College, which just a few blocks away.
 
 
“Oh! There he is! Riku! Riku! Riku!” One of the girls standing by the gate squealed, as soon as the rest of the girls saw him running towards the College, the buildings around them shook roughly due to the impact of loud ultrasound produced by a group of his fan girls. Riku halted at his track, not wanting to receive the impact of the sound when suddenly someone from behind bumped him.
 
 
He sprawled on the ground, heard a shriek from his fan girls but he didn't care that because his mind was occupied by the presence of something, or rather someone on his back. He tried to sit up but the body was still on his back that he turned to look behind over his shoulder and found himself seeing cinnamon-coloured spiky hairs that somehow look familiar to him.
 
 
“U-Um…s-sorry,” said a very familiar voice. Sora slowly got off himself of the body of the person he had just bumped to, only to find out it was Riku. Riku slowly stood up, patted his dusty trouser without a word then looked at Sora.
 
 
`Don't laugh…' Riku suddenly thought when Sora's blue eyes went so wide thanks to the thick glasses. The brunet was wearing blue polo and knee-length brown trouser with the very same beautiful necklace around his neck and was carrying backpack. `A nerd…' Riku thought as he examined Sora's appearance.
 
 
“M-Morning Riku,” Sora said, bowing.
 
 
“Morning,” Riku said. He turned around to find his fan girls were running towards him and started to gather around him. `Oh hell…' Riku frowned when the girls asked him so many questions.
 
 
“Riku, are you okay?”
 
 
“Are you injured?”
 
 
“Are you bleeding?”
 
 
“Do you want me to tend you?”
 
 
“I have handkerchief, do you want to use it?” And so on and so on endlessly. Riku groaned in frustrated and decided to ignore all the girls around him when he paused. “Hey you! You're the one who bumped into our Riku, are you? How dare you!” one of the girls yelled. Riku whirled around to see angry girls surrounded Sora.
 
 
“Um…I-I'm sorry…I just…”
 
 
“Shut up! You have caused Riku to be in bad mood!”
 
 
“Yeah! You even almost make our beautiful Riku's face injured!”
 
 
“His body filled with bandage, oh I can't bear that!”
 
 
“I-I didn't mean…I'm sorry,” Sora said, clutching his bag belt around his shoulder tightly.
 
 
“You better be, you ugly!”
 
 
“Yeah! I can't believe such ugly person like you bump into our Riku like that!”
 
 
“Yeah! UGLY!” one of the girls shouted for the last time and they all walked away from Sora, gave Riku a last squeal before they entered the College building. Riku stayed there, staring at standstill Sora, watching him intently without any reason when Sora started to step forwards and forwards and passed by him with his head hung low without looking at him. Riku found himself still staring at Sora even after he entered High School next door.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
“I heard,” Tidus said. Riku looked up from his lunch to Tidus. The game maniac guy had his arms crossed over his chest and was frowning badly than last night when Zell insulted Sora.
 
 
“Pardon?” Riku didn't quite catch that.
 
 
“I heard what had happened this morning where your fan girls INSULTED Sora for being ugly,” Tidus said.
 
 
“Oh…” Riku nodded. “How do you know?”
 
 
“Well let see…” Tidus tapped his chin. “How about when I walked through the corridor in administration building and saw large words consisted of RIKU'S FAN GIRLS ATTACKED UGLY JUNIOR!! with some pictures of Sora being scolded by your fan girls while you were standing not far just watching him, sounds like?” Tidus arched his eyebrow though his eyeball narrowed in dangerous way.
 
 
“Right…I never know they had some Hot News Today at administration building,” Riku said. Tidus groaned and slumped down next to Riku.
 
 
“Riku, you were supposed to stop those girls from insulting Sora!” Tidus wailed.
 
 
“Why should I?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Damn it Riku! Your fan girls had just hurt his feelings! You know people don't like themselves being called UGLY!” shouted Tidus.
 
 
“How do you know Sora won't like it? Maybe he---”
 
 
“Riku…” Tidus hissed. Riku stared at his friend for a while before he sighed.
 
 
“So? What do you want me to do? It's already happened and I can't turn back to the past,” Riku said. Tidus bit his lips and sighed afterwards.
 
 
“I can't believe this. Those articles are way just too mean. They called Sora Ugly Junior and that they had never seen someone like that before,” Tidus said, soft but enough for Riku to hear. Riku shrugged. He never really cares about what had happened to someone who got beaten or scolded by his fan girls before nor did Tidus. But now, Tidus was really worried about Sora which somehow affecting him too.
 
 
“Riku! Tidus!” A redhead young man around their age wearing black shirt and patched jean squealed from behind and hugged them closer to his chest. “Boy, I miss you two!”
 
 
“Ack! Let me go, Axel! We have just met ten minutes ago!” Tidus wailed. Axel giggled and took a sit next to Riku.
 
 
“Oh yeah. Why did you leave me all of sudden? Are you mad?” Axel asked Tidus innocently.
 
 
“Of course I am! How dare you laughed at Sora!” Tidus grunted.
 
 
“Aww Tidus…I don't really mean it…” Axel said, blinking his eyes couple of time in speed of lightning for apology. Tidus groaned and banged his head against the table. “Hehehehe. So Riku, your fan girls hurt someone today again,” Axel said, smirking.
 
 
“Hmm,” Riku said.
 
 
“You know, you should control your fan girls next time. They shouldn't really scold someone who didn't do it on purpose,” Tidus said.
 
 
“I'm not an instructor,” Riku said. Tidus pouted. Then he looked around the canteen before he looked at his two friends.
 
 
“Hey Axel, are you going to the Dance Ball this Saturday?” Tidus asked.
 
 
“Yes,” replied Axel.
 
 
“Have any partner yet?” Tidus asked, grinning.
 
 
`Uh-oh,' thought Riku.
 
 
“No…why do you ask?” Axel asked.
 
 
“Well, see, I have this friend who looks lonely that he needed some partner---”
 
 
“If you're talking about Sora, my answer is no,” Axel said. Tidus frowned.
 
 
“Why not? He's kind and cute as you have always your partner to be!” Tidus said. Axel made that face where Riku comprehend was saying Are-you-crazy-or-what-Tidus-because-I-am-sure-hell-do-not-think-Sora-is-cut e-at-all-!-look.
 
 
“Eww Tidus! Are you blind! Sora doesn't look cute! As a matter of fact, he doesn't look normal at all!” Axel said. “He looks like-like-like---”
 
 
“An alien,” Riku said.
 
 
“Right! Like an alien!” Axel exclaimed.
 
 
“Don't say like that to Sora!” Tidus shouted.
 
 
“Look, I'm sorry for saying that Tidus but really, Sora isn't my type,” Axel said. Tidus pouted, cursed, grunted and last but not least mumbled something under his breath as he glared deadly at Axel.
 
 
“Now what should I do? Everyone already knew Sora's my friend and I'm sure hell they won't accept him as their date for the Dance Ball,” Tidus said.
 
 
“Have you asked Kairi or Selphie?” Axel asked.
 
 
“Yes, they said they already have partner,” replied Tidus.
 
 
“What about Zell or Irvine?”
 
 
“I can already imagine Zell laugh at the middle of the hall while dancing with Sora…” Tidus muttered. Riku and Axel sweatdropped. “And Irvine…he already has ten dates.”
 
 
“So…anyone else you knew who doesn't have any date yet except me?” Axel asked. Tidus thought for a while. Riku didn't care at all until he noticed Tidus was staring at him. He blinked when Tidus suddenly grinned at him, and it hit him.
 
 
“Oh no…” Riku said and he frowned. “No.”
 
 
“Come on. I know you haven't asked any girl yet,” Tidus said.
 
 
“No. I don't want to be partnered up with alien,” Riku said.
 
 
“Riku…” Tidus gritted his teeth.
 
 
“It's the truth,” Riku said.
 
 
“Argh damn it! Forget it! Like I'm going to let Sora have a date with someone like you!” Tidus shouted and frowningly leaned against the chair, crossing his arms.
 
 
“Chill out Tidus. You have another four days to go to find perfect partner for Sora,” Axel said.
 
 
“Sigh…I don't want to disappoint Sora…”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>