Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Impressions ❯ Vexen ---Frozen Pride ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Impressions 05
Frozen Pride

The second all the members have left my presence, I hurry over to Hollow Bastion, or as I knew it, Radiant Gardens. I watch as these people, who were once kids here, rush out to protect their destroyed world. I don't feel sorry for them right now...only sometimes.

I stride to the computer where we apprentices stored all our data for the DTD. Xigbar had told me everything of the plans he had made with Master Xehanort...in a way...me.

I remove a disc from my sleeve and insert it into the computer. The secret room reveals itself to me and I hurry down into it. Normally I would be in a rush to get down there and back up. But not today. I just want to be alone.

I had known about Marluxia's growing jealousy and his devious scheme of rebellion. But I didn't trouble myself too much. So, I sent Zexion to send me word of details that Axel uncovered. I didn't expect Axel to kill him. I should have saw it coming. What with Saix craving power and him having a slight hold on Axel due to them being friends in the past. I had thought that sending Lexaeus to guard both Vexen and Zexion...that things would stay intact.

Lexaeus' death triggered the dominos to fall.

Vexen, or Even, had continously made me aware of my conflicting emotions. Being in Terra's body, even as a Nobody, would allow his feelings to seep through to the consicous me, Master Xehanort. His destruction, thanks to Axel, inevitably stopped the process of helping me split the two personalities from each other. How I loath that scientist for getting himself killed.

Not just for that, but for all those hours upon hours of time Vexen spent with me. The brief caresses and soothing words. Then the second I would leave his presence I would realize that I don't have a heart...so it matters not.

Leaving there, I portal back to the Castle before making sure that its safe to leave for Agrabah. I know for a fact that will be where Vexen's silhouette will appear. Thanks to the others' feelings for the deceased, they pulled the silhouettes to them...created from their last feelings, good and bad. I just have to make sure no one knows that I've been here.

Striding into the shop made of dirt and bricks, I spot the peddler. Making sure I keep my hood up, I glance at the orb in the corner.

Vexen...I am sorry...

"Tell no one I was here and not a word to the boy with the Keyblade."

"How much do I get?"

I reveal a nice sized leather pouch, "I'm sure this is a considerable amount."

The peddler peaks inside, "That will do."

But he can't keep the glint from his eyes. He's never seen that much gold at one time.

Marching out into the sun, I sigh, I can feel the hole of lonlieness grow larger. "I should have sent Demyx instead of Vexen."