Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Next Generation ❯ Sparing with Dad ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I do not own kingdom hearts or any kh affiliates.
To my reviewers (well reviewer anyway).
Destenyne: Thank you for reviewing. I'm so glad you saw this, I'm a huge fan of your work, especially Life and Love in Konoha, I know it's finished but I still keep rereading it. And yes I'll grant your request but you'll have to wait awhile.
A/N: You probably haven't noticed this but I changed the rating. I read the guidelines and it says adult themed story's have to be rated Y or X and I'm planning to put that stuff in later chapters. So I'm changing it now before I get in trouble later. After all you know what they say better safe than sorry.
Character Descriptions
A/N I figured it would be easier to just tell you what the characters look like here than in the story.
Ed: He's the main character of the story. And if you read the story description then you know he's Sora and Kairi's son. He's currently thirteen years old, and looks just like Sora in kh1 hairstyle eyes facial features and all. It's because of this he's earned the pet name little Sora. His clothes look the same too except any part that was red has been replaced with a silverish black. He has no idea his father is such a hero. Claimer: I own Ed's name, and clothing color. Disclaimer: but not the rest of his look.
Rake: Pronounced rock-a_ the a makes the long a sound for those of you who don't know what the hyphen represents. He's Ed's best friend. He's got green hair in a dome fashion kinda like Rock Lee's hairstyle complete with spiked bangs and hazel eyes, and his biceps are very well developed like Riku's in kh1. He wears a tight sleeveless black shirt that really shows of his six pack and navy blue jeans. Rake is a year older then Ed and there always competing against each other just like how Sora and Riku did as kids. Claimer: I own Rake.
Sora: Yes people Sora's got a new look. He's thirty-one now but he hasn't gotten weaker. Sora has finally discovered the comb and has used it to comb his hair back and then spray it in place. All his spikes are now flat and point backwards. He's also a foot taller than he was before, and much more muscular. He still wears a drive suite but this one is man sized. Everything else is pretty much the same. Oh and one more thing the only keyblade he uses in normal form is the ultima weapon.
A/N: for anyone that's still having trouble with visualizing what the characters look like, I'm gonna have a fan art posted with their portraits, I'll tell when that happens. Now that that's been settled on with the story.
 
Chapter 1: Sparing with Dad.
 
Destiny Islands
Ed collapsed on the beach exhausted. “What's the matter little Sora tuckered out already?” said Rake with a sarcastic tone between gasps.
“First of, only my mom and Uncle Riku can call me that, second you're tired too” Ed managed between gasps.
“Typical talk from a typical loser.”
Ed and Rake where racing the rules where first person to finish three laps around the island won. Rake won but just barely. “Hey boys” a voice called. Ed and Rake turned their heads; they Sora walking towards them. “Hey dad” said Ed, “Hi, there Mr. Sora” said Rake.
“You boys seem tired” said Sora.
“We were just racing; we'll catch our breath in a sec” Ed said.
“Well when you do, what do you say to getting a little sparing practice in?” *slightly uncomfortable silence comes over the teenagers for a few seconds and then*
“Uh, I don't know dad last time the three of us spared together Rake and I got sand in places we didn't even know we had.” (A/N: who thinks that was funny?)
“Count your blessings if we had been fighting on anything harder you'd both have broken backs and missing elbow skin.” As Sora said this both teenagers shot him a look that said “you're such jerk.” Sora took note of this and said “Hey it's not my fault the two of you are so weak.” That was enough for the both of them to snap and they said in unison “fine will fight, just to see the look on your face when you lose old man.”
And that was Sora's cue. He drew two wooden swords from his stock and tossed them to the teenagers. Then produced another one and held it as he got into his usual fighting stance (A/N: I'm sure you all know what Sora's stance looks like). “Why don't we try to make this a little harder, how about both of you come at me at once.” “No way he'll just slow me down” Rake said while pointing at Ed.
“Have it your way then” Sora said with a gleam of sarcasm in his eye, knowing full well it wouldn't have mattered either way.
Rake went first. He began running up to Sora but when he was five feet away he leaped into the air flying with a kick aimed for Sora's chest with his sword ready to come down on his head after the kick (A/N: if you have no idea what it looks like I'm going to have fan art posted portraying this scene I'll let you know when it's done). But just before he could pull it off Sora simply sidestepped to the left. The result being Rake landed on one foot slipped and fell on his face causing him to lose a very small portion of his health (A/N: Rake is at lv.6 right now so his full health bar is scarcely more than a quarter circle), while Ed laughed in the background. Rake got back on his feet and started to lunge and stab at Sora, and Sora parried every blow as though he could predict where Rake was going to strike. After fifteen minutes of dodging and blocking, Sora finally went on the offensive and ended the match with a simple three hit combo, the result being Rake collapsing on the beach. “Your attacks are too slow and too direct, all you're really doing is pounding your sword against mine with nothing but raw strength, in all honesty you're better suited to wield a hammer then a sword.”
Through his exhaustion Rake panted “guess I'll just have to get a hammer then.” Everyone laughed at this.
“Alright Ed your turn.”
Ed stepped in front of his father and got into the same fighting stance as Sora's (A/N: Like father like son I suppose). He then activated his combo plus ability (A/N: AKA, his only ability, he's currently at lv.4 so his health bar is at full quarter circle). “promise you won't hold back just cause' I'm your son ok dad.”
“Sure thing son” Sora said with his fingers crossed behind his back, he knew if he didn't exercise some restraint to a degree he could end up destroying his son.
And so the battle commenced.
Ed ran up to his father and began a series of three hit combos. Which Sora dodged and blocked with ease. Ed then jumped up into the air to perform an overhead attack. Sora countered this by, doing a classic reaction move, “reversal”, causing Ed to miss and end up stunned for a few seconds, giving Sora an opening. He activated his quick run ability, and began series of combos that caused Ed to almost instantaneously faint. “ You ok son,” Sora asked once Ed regained consciousness.
“I've got murderous headache, but other than that I'm ok”
“Here, take this,” Sora dropped a potion on Ed.
Ed's body sprang to life “thanks dad I feel great.”
Sora smiled “good to here, how about you Rake you need any healing.”
“No thanks I was just about to head to the save point in the shack.”
“Good idea, as matter of fact lets all head there, I'm pretty sure we could all use a save right about now.”
“You two go ahead” said Ed “I think I'll take a little nap on the beach.”
“Suit yourself,” then Sora and Rake walked off in the direction of the seaside shack.
Ed lied down on the soft yellow sand and closed his eyes. When he opened them again he was sinking through darkness. “What is this place, am I drowning, no that can't be it I can still breath.” Then through the darkness Ed could see a small patch of light, and soon found himself elegantly landing on that light, and as his feet made contact the darkness began to dissipate and turn into doves that flew away with the utmost grace. Forming a platform with an image of a teenage girl with reddish brown hair wearing a pink corset (A/N: It's an image of what Kairi looked like in kh 2). “This girl she looks like my mother but younger, everything's so strange and yet I don't feel scared, what is this place.”
To be continued.
A/N: Sorry this update took like forever, and I'm gonna be honest the next chapter won't be coming out for a little while. And I'll tell you why you know writers block, well I got the exact opposite, I've got writers overflow, I have so many ideas its gonna take me awhile to organize them all. But when the new chaps do come out I promise it'll be worth the wait. Until then please review.