Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Next Generation ❯ Twilight Station pt.1 equivalent exchange ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own kingdom hearts, nor do I own full metal alchemist. And I do not make money off this in any way.
A/N: I told you all that it would be awhile before I finally updated thanks for bearing with me. Also you'll notice that yet again I have changed the rating, and removed the hentai and romance labeling. I decided to put the labels off until they actually appear in the story. So until then this story is labeled for all audiences. Also the thoughts of characters as the story progresses will be put in Italics. One more thing I wrote this chap while listening to Kingdom hearts piano medley, it's really stimulating, I highly recommend you listen while reading. Just go to YouTube and search, Kingdom hearts piano medley, now there's a really specific point in the writing when you should play it, which I of course will point out. However this is optional, you don't have to play the medley if you don't want to. But the guy who composed the music is talented just so you know. `
To my reviewers:
Destenyne: Thank you for reviewing my work. And thank you for all the wonderful advice.
AnimePrincessInuLover: Thank you for taking the time to critique my work.
A/N: Now that the formalities are out of the way let's begin the story.
Ch. 2 Twilight Station
Pt.1 equivalent exchange
Previously:
Ed lied down on the soft yellow sand and closed his eyes. When he opened them again he was sinking through darkness. “What is this place, am I drowning, no that can't be it I can still breathe.” Then through the darkness Ed could see a small patch of light, and soon found himself elegantly landing on that light, and as his feet made contact the darkness began to dissipate and turn into doves that flew away with the utmost grace. Forming a platform with an image of a teenage girl with reddish brown hair wearing a pink corset (A/N: It's an image of what Kairi looked like in kh 2). “This girl she looks like my mother but younger, everything's so strange and yet I don't feel scared, what is this place.”
Now:
(A/N: cue the piano medley) Ed examined his surroundings. He saw what appeared to be some sort of spotlight; it just sort of shined down from the black sky, and formed a perfect circle of light on the floor. Ed stepped into the eerily pure white light. The second he set foot onto it, he heard a voice.
The voice seemed to come from nowhere, and it had no emotion in it whatsoever it said, “great power sleeps within you, if you can give it form, it will give you strength.”
As the voice finished its sentence three pyramid shaped pedestals appeared.
Ed looked to the center pedestal it had a sword on top, “the sword of strength, the power of destruction and triumph,” said the voice. He turned to the pedestal at the right; it harbored a shield “the shield of defense, the power to protect yourself and others.” Then he looked at the pedestal at the left which had a wand on top; “the wand of mystic, the power of intellect and inner strength.”
The oddest thing about all these weapons was that they all had an emblem of a mouse's head on them.
“I know those insignias, there the symbol of Disney enterprises, but what do they have to do with anything (A/N: that thought will be explained in later chapters, make mental note of it, it has some significance)?”
The voice spoke again, “which one will you choose?”
Ed took some time to think, The power to destroy others, the power to protect others, and the power to better myself.” There were many things that Ed had wanted to protect, his family, his friends, his home. He turned to the sword in the center, “the power of destruction and triumph, when it comes down to it I have more things that I want to protect then things that I want to destroy.”
Ed walked over to the right pedestal; he jumped on top of it and grabbed the shield, the voice spoke “is this the power you choose?”
Ed responded in a whisper “yes.” Suddenly the shield disappeared in a flash of light.
“Wise choice, but before you can gain this power something of equal value must be lost, choose a power to sacrifice.”
Ed took a long look at the sword. “I'm not seeking strength but I don't want to give it up.” Ed then looked at the wand “the power of intellect and inner strength, when will ever find a use for something like that?”
Ed walked over to the wand; he jumped on to its pedestal and grabbed it.
The emotionless voice spoke yet again “is this the power you choose to sacrifice?”
Ed whispered “Yes.” And with that one three letter word the wand disintegrated in his hands, and the ashes blew away into the darkness.
“An equivalent exchange has been made,” said the voice.
Ed stepped down from the pedestal. When his feet made contact with the floor the shield from before appeared in his hand. The empty voice spoke “you have gained the power to fight.” Then suddenly a strange shadow zipped to the center of the platform six feet away from where Ed was standing. And it rose from floor until it was the size of a puppy dog. The creature had a round head with two thick antennae, two beady yellow eyes, and no mouth or perhaps it did have a mouth but no lips to show that it was there. It looked kind of like an imp, with short webbed hands and feet, and its body seemed to be composed out of the very essence of darkness itself. Ed and the creature locked gazes for few seconds. Then suddenly the impish figure sprang up, and leapt forward. While it was in midair a hole in its face opened to reveal a set of razor sharp fangs. “Looks like it had a mouth after all.” The creature zoomed forward fangs aimed straight for Ed's heart.
 
TBC
A/N: I know this update took like forever. And the next chap may take just as long. But some reviews might encourage me to work faster, really I'll take anything. Oh and yes that creature Ed's fighting it's a shadow. Merry Christmas to all, or Hanukah, or Kwanza, or whatever it is you celebrate. And have happy a new year.