Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Let the Rain Fall ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: And as a late dedication to AkuRoku day (Happy belated 8-13 everyone!) here is a little ficlet for all you KH pedo-slashers out there. This is obviously AU.
 
Axel should have known not to get up this morning. When his thrice-damned alarm clock was blaring at 5:30 in the morning it was bad enough, but it was worse when the damn thing finally shut up. He could hear the rain.
 
Axel hated rain. He hated it with every fiber of his being. Bad things happened when it rained. Fluffy, his cat, went missing in the rain. She was found as road-kill later that day. His sister got married on a rainy day to a complete bastard. And, above all the other horrible incidents that happened when it rained, the worst was when he got sick.
 
He got pneumonia when he got caught in a storm as a kid. He was six and he got separated from his parents. He spent hours outside wandering around in the cold rain. He eventually passed out and woke up later in a hospital. Three weeks later. He had almost died with a fever of 106.1. Now his body temperature was always around 100 degrees and he gets sick so easily. He spends way too much time in hospitals which he also hates. He blames the rain.
 
So on a rainy Monday morning where he was awoken to the sound of a blaring hellion of an alarm clock he should have known to just role over and go back to sleep. But no, he had to get up and get to work. Fucking work.
 
So it was that Axel went out in the rain to walk the mile to work while thinking morbid thoughts of what he would do to the rain were it a person. So entranced was he by these mental images that he never noticed the eighteen-wheeler coming straight at him. Axel's last thought was a rather disgusting one about a pineapple and Rain's rear end. I don't think I wish to elaborate further.
 
When Axel next awoke it was to the sickening smell of antiseptic and the feel of stiff itchy sheets on his legs. He was in a hospital. Great. He opened his eyes slowly as he came more aware of his surroundings. There was someone else in there with him.
 
He turned to his left and saw an angel. Or, at least what he imagined an angel to look like. A boy with golden hair and eyes as blue as the ocean. The boy seemed to notice his roommate was awake as he rolled over and glared. That's right, glared.
 
“It's about fucking time you woke up,” he stated as though Axel's very presence disgusted him.
 
“Ever since you were moved to this room they've been coming in to check on you hourly and waking me up while they did it! Just because you managed to get run over by a truck doesn't mean I should suffer for it,” he grumbled the last part.
 
“What's your name?” Axel asked when the boy stopped ranting.
 
“What's it to you?” the boy glowered.
 
“I want to know what to call the angel I'm rooming with,” Axel said with a smile.
 
“You must have cracked your skull when that truck hit you. I'm Roxas,” Roxas said.
 
“Roxas,” Axel said the name as if tasting it; seeing how it felt. He liked it.
 
`So I got hit by a truck and am in a hospital with this boy… I was right about hating the rain, but I think I'll rethink my opinion on hospitals,' Axel thought with a grin.
 
“I think this is the start of a beautiful relationship,” Axel stated.
 
“What relationship? I'm calling the doctors in here to check out your annoying head. I can't believe I'm stuck rooming with a guy like you,” Roxas said as he pushed the nurse assistance button.
 
Axel just smiled. `A beautiful relationship indeed.'