Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Only Had A Heart ❯ Only Had A Heart ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

If I only had a heart...I'd give it to you...
 
Long fingers wove through gray-blue tresses, calloused fingertips running along his scalp. Palms rested on his soft cheeks, tipping his chin up just slightly.
 
I'd hand it to you as it beat in my grasp...
 
Sea-green eyes, wide and loving, stared down at him with every ounce of feeling they could muster. Their owner had no heart, only a mind to replay the emotions. So did he, and he treasured that flawless imagery.
 
I'd ask you to take care of it...
 
Freshly licked lips parted, shaking nervously. The hands were trembling as well. He couldn't help but smile at the innocence.
 
“Please don't break it...”
 
Demyx's eyes fluttered shut as he dipped his head down, lips a little bit steadier now. He shifted his hands forward to cup Zexion's ears, massaging them lightly.
 
“I've worked so hard to put it back together...”
 
Zexion's breath came out broken with miniscule yet evident fear. He closed his eyes, waiting to experience the meet of flesh he had never known but knew was coming.
 
“I think it'd be safer with you than with me...”
 
Demyx hesitated as his nose touched Zexion's. His breath hitched for a moment, suddenly overcome with utter shyness.
 
If I only had a heart...
 
Zexion let his mouth open just enough for Demyx to feel their chins touch. He was inwardly smiling when Demyx slowly nudged closer.
 
If we only had hearts...
 
Demyx gently placed his lips upon Zexion's, and both his insides and his face flared at the contact. The same could be described for Zexion with the exception that only half of his red face could be clearly seen.
 
Yet if we did have hearts...
 
Zexion pressed back, sighing when the tip of Demyx's tongue accidentally grazed over his bottom lip. A shudder took his body and then Demyx's as if it had been passed on from one Nobody to the other.
 
“We'd only lose them...”
 
Demyx's hands moved more to the back of Zexion's head, pulling him in a little closer. Zexion slipped his arms around Demyx's neck, standing on his tip-toes to help deepen the kiss.
 
“Because...
 
Zexion's mind disintegrated into mush as Demyx's tongue ran purposely over his lips in a smooth sweep as he pulled back for air. His sigh, irregular and tantalizing, swirled in to mix with Demyx's innocently abashed gasps.
 
“They'd get stuck within the other's being...”
 
Demyx's eyes slid open, staring down at his red-faced Zexion with the adoration of a loyal lover. He grinned and pecked Zexion's lips, murmuring against them.
 
“I love you, Zexy.”
 
Zexion smiled at both the sweet fondling of Demyx's mouth moving along his and the words that were formed from his lover's voice for the first time. He brushed his lips with Demyx's softly.
 
“I love you, too, Dem.”