Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Selexia: A Living Weapon ❯ Prologue and Chapter 1:: The Finding ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Selexia's Story

Prologue
The girl ran as quickly as her legs would carry her. Her turquoise-green eyes flashed in fear and her light-brown hair whipped around her face (getting into her line of vision) as she looked behind her at the things chasing her. The wall of black, quickly moving toward her, was spotted with the thousands of tiny yellow beacons of light that were their eyes. The girl was slowly running out of breath.
"But I can't stop now!" she thought to herself. "I must keep going! I won't go back!!!"
Just then, the beings caught up to her! They grabbed her arms and legs and started to pass her over the crowd, like some kind of sick crowd surfing.
"NO!" she yelled, struggling against their tiny, yet firm, grip. "I won't go back to that place! not again!!! I won't go back!!"
The beings deafly continued to pass her over their heads, bringing her back to "that place". Finally, they put her down on the ground. Her legs, feet, and chest ached from running for so long. Her heart was still going a mile a minute! She was tired, and she couldn't deny it. The creatures went on to drag her to a dark, small mansion. They went to the back of the building and dragged her down the stairs. The girl struggled, for she knew that what awaited her below was not going to be a welcome thing.
Once they were finally down the steps, the girl got a good look around her. She was in that hellish laboratory basement, with all of the slime covered walls, dusty floor boards, and the scientist equipment. Weird concoctions bubbled and brewed in awkwardly shaped vials and beakers. And, leaning on one of those walls, face hidden in the shadows, was a man.
"Welcome back... my experiment."
"I'm not your experiment!" the girl cried, defiantly.
"So you think..." the man replied. "Not yet... but soon you will be!"
The shadow-like creatures bound her wrists behind her. The man stepped out of the shadows, and went over to the girl, who was laying down on the floor, stomach down, forced by the beings.
"Did you really think you could escape?" he questioned her. Then, he producted a needle, filled with a vile-looking, off-white liquid. He poked the needle into her upper arm, letting the evil liquid move through her body.
The girl started to feel faint, and barely knew what was going on. She felt her body being moved again by those beings, and then she was in a chamber, all alone. She felt around. It was small, and made of a hard, cold substance, which she thought was probably glass. Then, she felt a gas being let into the chamber, and she fell into the darkness of her unconscious mind.
Chapter 1:: The Finding
Axel stepped through the forestry, trying to make sure that his cloak didn't catch on anything. He sighed as the sun hid behind yet another cloud.“Demyx? Why are we here again?” he asked his companion.Demyx pretended to think about it for a second. “Because Xemnas told us to?”Axel laughed. “Yeah, you've got a point.”He thought back on that morning... (going back to the morning)
~*~
Axel woke up in his room in Castle Oblivion. He put on his signature Organization cloak, then yawned, sleepily. Then, he heard something going on outside his door. When he opened his door, he saw a bunch of the Organization members walking quickly down the hallway. Some Nobodies were in with the mix. He joined the crowd, wondering what the big deal was. He looked around, trying to figure out who to ask.“Hiya, Axel!!!”Axel turned around to see his buddy Demyx jogging to catch up with him. Axel grinned. Demyx was one of Axel's closest buddies in the Organization. Though their respective elements were opposites (Axel controls fire, while Demyx can control water), they were pretty close.Demyx smiled at Axel. “Do you have any idea what the heck is going on right now?”“I was gonna ask you the same thing,” replied Axel. “Maybe we should just go with the flow of the crowd...we'll eventually find out.”Demyx nodded in agreement. They started walking. The flow of the crowd led them to the main hallway. Axel looked around. He saw some of his fellow Organization members. The “Underground Members”, Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion were all standing together by one of the columns. Larxene and Marluxia stood together somewhat close to the doors. All throughout the hall there were Nobodies. They stood in groups, depending on the type they were.The Assassin Nobodies saw Axel, and started to swarm him. “Get off! Back off, ya stupid beings!” he yelled, summoning his chakrams. They seemed to sense his embarrassment and anger, and started to back off, giving him some room.Demyx laughed. “They're just happy to see you! You do control them, after all.” The Dancer Nobodies were crowding around Demyx, and Demyx didn't seem to be bothered by it. He just smiled and said, “Go over there, 'kay?” They obeyed his command and went over by another column, ready to attack or do whatever needed be for their master.Axel sighed. “You act like they're your friends or something.” Axel continued to look around. He didn't see the Samurai Nobodies anywhere, so where was-“Looking for someone, are you?”Axel turned around, clearly surprised. Roxas stood there, his brown hair a little messed up from a rough sleep, in his respective Organization cloak. Axel grinned. “Just woke up, did you?”Roxas shrugged. “Maybe I like my sleep,” he said, grinning a little bit at his friend.Axel grinned back. Along with Demyx, Roxas was one of Axel's buddies. Those two were the ones that he normally hung out with, if anyone. Roxas' Samurai Nobodies came in, just as late as their master.“Do you have any idea what's going on right now?” Demyx asked Roxas. “ 'Cause we have no idea at all.”Roxas laughed. “Yeah, I do.”Demyx and Axel looked at Roxas, expecting more. “Well?” they asked together.Roxas grinned, loving the suspense they were in. “We have to go to headquarters...Xemnas has a job for us all...including himself. He's not going to make us do everything...he wants to help with the job himself.”Demyx and Axel looked at each other.Roxas grinned. “Basically, we have an assignment. Got it memorized?”Demyx laughed, then fell backwards.“Hey!” Axel yelled. “That's my line!!!”Roxas and Demyx laughed. Axel pretended to pout.“Attention all Members!”Axel, Demyx, and Roxas all turned around. Saix was standing there at the enormous front door, waiting for their attention.“Just for those of you who don't know, we're all wanted at headquarters. Therefore, Xemnas needs everyone to teleport there...NOW!!”Everyone jumped at the sudden outburst. “That is so like Saix...” Axel thought to himself.Slowly, everyone recovered, and the portals were opened. Nobodies streamed into the portals, and the hall cleared.Axel sighed and opened his own portal. He stepped into the darkness, letting is envelop him entirely. Then, all too soon, he was there: in the World that Never Was...Organization XIII's “headquarters”. He followed the rest of the Nobodies and Organization members into the all-too familiar room. It was, for the most part, white, with thirteen chairs, all different heights. Axel went to his own chair, with Demyx and Roxas following behind. He sat in his chair, waiting to see what would happen. The Nobodies stood on the ground in a swarm. Finally, Xemnas emerged. All of the Nobodies quieted almost immediately. He slowly made his way to his chair, then proceeded to speak.
“Alright, I'm going to be quick with this. We don't have much time,” Xemnas said, officially starting the meeting. “We're going to need go to the different worlds and search for new Nobodies. As you can see, we have a significant shortage, compared to what we used to have. So, we need to go out and make sure that there are no others. If there are, obtain them and bring them here.”Luxord stood up. “But, which worlds are we going to patrol? Are we all going to go to each one, or will each of us have a world?”Saix stood up. “The Superior said that a group of around four will go to each world. Two of them will take the north section, and two others will take the south side.”“Do we get to choose anything?” Roxas asked.“You'll be put into your pairs. But, you get to choose which other group you work with. Your worlds will be chosen for you,” Xemnas replied.“So, how are we doing the pairs?” asked Larxene.“We are doing it so 1 will be with 2, and so on. This is the pairs: myself and Xigbar, Xaldin and Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion, Saix and Axel, Demyx and Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene, then Roxas. Roxas? Do you mind working alone?”Roxas shook his head. “Not really...I don't really care.”“Alright, well, those are your pairs. Find which group you want to work with, then come back here and I'll tell your group which world you have. You guys can choose everything else: how to work your groups, which group gets north or south...or split it up by east and west...I don't care. Just...find me those Nobodies!”The Organization members got off their chairs, and found their partners. Axel went over to Saix.“This makes you feel like a little kid, hunh?” he asked.Saix grunted. “Not really.”Axel frowned, hating how the pairs had matched up. “Do you care who we go with?”“Not really.”Axel grinned. “So, I can choose?”“I told you, I don't care.”“No you didn't. All you've said is 'Not really'.” Then, Axel walked away. He went up to Demyx.“Hey, do you have a group to work with yet?” Axel questioned.“Naw, not yet...I don't think that Luxord really cares...”Axel nodded in agreement. “Yeah, neither does Saix...do you want to work together?”“Sure...that'll work.”“Alright, bring Luxord over here, 'kay?”Axel returned to Saix, with Demyx and Luxord in tow. “Hey, we're working with them, 'kay?”Saix nodded.“Hey, would you and Luxord want to work together, and Demyx and I can work together?”“Uh...I don't know...” Saix said slowly.“Aren't we supposed to work together?” asked Luxord.“But, then...” said Demyx, putting his arm around Axel's shoulders.“...you'll have to deal with us!” said Axel, finishing the statement.Saix and Luxord looked at each other. Clearly, they didn't want to work with Axel and Demyx.“Alright, fine...we can do that...” Saix said.Demyx and Axel grinned. “They're so easily manipulated,” Axel thought to himself. The four of them walked up to Xemnas. “Hey, which world do we go to?”Xemnas looked at them questioningly. “Is this your group?” Demyx nodded. “Alright...you guys have...Agrabah and Traverse Town. I don't mind how you split them up...just find me those Nobodys!”
~*~
Axel finished his flashback. “Yeah, but this is still dumb...I mean, who cares if we have a lot of Nobodies? The Keyblade wielder just destroys them, and then we have to find more! We're way more of a match for him then they are!”Demyx chuckled. “Hey, I'm going to go check over here, 'kay? You go over there...” And then he disappeared through the bushes.“Gosh...running off like that...oh well...at least I get to have some quiet time...” he thought to himself. Axel roamed for a while, until he came to a clearing.The clearing was beautiful, and it took Axel by surprise. He didn't think that there would be something so nice in such a terribly ugly forest. A magnificent waterfall cascaded down into a pool of gleaming, sapphire-colored water. There were many rocks, all different sizes. Some rocks were small, and others ten feet tall. Axel skimmed his eyes over the whole place, taking in every rock, willow tree, and flower. Then, he saw something that he thought was just as beautiful, but not as comforting.