Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ A New Knight for a New Year! ❯ Happy New Knight ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Meta Knight was looking up towards the sky from his usual spot in the stone castle. This was to be its last new year before the new home for Prime Minster and his family to move into was finished. The family agreed that they didn't need that large castle just for them to live in. It wasn't like Dedede needed it anymore - as he was run off after the battle with Nightmare. Much time had already passed since then, and as Fumu predicted things never went back to normal.

After such an event like facing one on the greatest evil in existents the villagers had a different attitude about themselves. For a while it was mass paranoia and it was depressing for everyone to be so unsettled about everything. Now the community was much confident, open minded, and wanting to advance. Because of this, the village grew in many ways. Meta looked down at the town that was no longer what it was when he, Sword and Blade arrived there.

As he was going over his thought about how everything had changed another that had gone through a lot of changes made its way up behind him. "Hey, Sir Meta Knight," came from his back, and he made a short turn. "Lady Fumu," he answered. Her calming voice was still able to cut into any thoughts he had. Fumu maintained the basics of her personality over the years, but change didn't stop itself from happening to even the most stubborn of personalities. Her martured body and fashion chooses had much to say for themselves, as well.

"It still sounds strange, especially coming from you," she said as she took a place next to him. "Where are Sword and Blade?" "Down there eating with everyone." They both looked down to see Sword and Blade Knight being very social with the villagers, much to Fumu's surprise and joy. "It's so good to see them being so social, these days!" the young lady said happily putting her hands together to her cheek. Meta Knight silently nodded while smiling under his mask and his eyes glowed light blue for a few seconds.

All the lights in the village turned off in a pathed order up to the castle. Most the lights the said building went off in a set order, but not all of them. The Pupupu village floats and cheerful music started going, putting the villagers in an uproar of glee! Fumu wanted to ask if Meta Knight wanted to go down and see the floats, but that would likely mess up something else she was already planning. Fumu and Meta looked at each other, and she just smiled and turned her head back. His eyes didn't leave her for a while longer, however.

Meta Knight:

I just can't look away for some reason. Fumu is always bewitching, but tonight there's a different glow about her. I know it's not the lights from the floats. I look back out to see the fireworks have started, and I can see everyone below us gathering to start the New Year's count down. "Sir Meta Knight..." I had to snap to attention and look at her every time she said my name. No matter what tone of voice, and this time had no different event.

"Yes, mi'lady?" I'm sure my voice doesn't give away what scattered thoughts - I must remain as calm with her. "You don't have to be so formal, you know." Her voice sounds nervous with the light giggle that followed, but I can tell she has more to say - so I just nod. "I... want to give you something. I don't know when your birthday is, so I thought New Years would be just as good a time to give you a gift." The burning sensation I feel when my eyes flash white hit me the ton of bricks it usually does. A gift? For me? From her?

She runs back to the hall and returns with a small royal blue lightly fuzzed box, with a dark blue and gold trim ribbon on it. "Here! I hope you like it!" As surprised as I am, I remain calm as I take the box and open it. Inside is an "M" with a sword in the middle, like on Halberd. The M has gold trim around the blue Sapphire, and the sword has a gold handle with the blade through the middle of it. "Ahh... Fumu..." is all that came out before her arms wrapped around me in an endearing embrace. "Happy New Year, Meta Knight..."

Fumu:

I had butterflies in my stomach up until that point. It's now or never! I couldn't give Meta Knight a gift like that and not tell him how I feel! "...Thank you for everything. Without you, I know Pop Star would be lost." He isn't moving in the hug, but that's what I expect. I pull away to look him in the eyes as I feel my face burning from my blushing. "I love you, Meta Knight. You're so strong, smart, and... Peaceful. I feel safe and calm when I'm with you. You had a hand in teaching me a lot, as well. I ask..." Here's comes and bold move "...that you continue to stay with me..." I rub the back of my head while thinking of how formal this sounds. "...for as long as you can continue to put with me, I mean," and I finish with a light laugh. Meta Knight isn't laughing at all, but I also expect that. I could at least lighten things up on my end.

"Yes, Mi' lady Fumu," came from the blue knight in a breathless voice. "I will stay with you." I look at with no idea of the expression I have on my face now. I lean down far enough for him to know where my face is to his vision and kiss his masked forehead as I place my hands on his shoulder plates as gentlely as I can think to. "Thank you, Meta Knight," I whisper over his head. His eyes are glowing various colors when I lean in front of him to be at eye level. It's times like these I feel bad about being a taller species than he and Kirby. I put one of my hands on the top of his round body and rub gently as I move away, but he gently grabs my hand before I've started to back away.

3rd:

"Lady Fumu... Isn't it wrong for us to have these feelings for each other?" They looked at each other for a moment before Fumu answered with a simple shake of her head. Meta Knight was in love with her unfading smile through-out this whole time. "With everything we've been through, how can we not feel closer to each other? Why wouldn't we want to become closer?" Her hand wrapped around his as she answered. She allowed herself to follow the soft pull he gave back down to him.

He lifted up his mask without any inward protest and pulled their lips together as they made contact at the end of the countdown with everyone yelling "Happy New Year!" Fumu could feel her face blushing harder now. She long since figured Meta Knight looked something like Kirby, but it's surprising that he would take off his mask so suddenly. As they pull away and regain eye contact Meta Knight is the one smiling the biggest. "Happy New Year, my love." "Happy New Year!" Fumu feels her joyful emotion overtake her voice with no shame at all, and hugs him again.

END