Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ A Shot for Happiness ❯ Fateful Encounter ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer : I don’t own anything although I wish I do.

Warning : Please excuse me for any inaccuracy of information and grammatical mistakes because I just watch KKM until eps 8. (new fan of the series)


----------------------------------------------------- --

2 days later...

"We're here, finally." Sherrice yelped in excitement while Reverie just remained silent all the way through the journey until the moment they arrived at the castle. "Blood Pledge Castle.. Here I come." Sherrice yelled loudly and charged into the castle, leaving her black horse outside.

Reverie on the other hand, just stood there, staring at the castle. "Blood Pledge Castle, huh? It's been years since I've been here. Let's just get this over with." Reverie muttered to herself and she entered the castle with her white horse and Sherrice's.

"REVERIE-CHAN!!!" came a loud voice when..

BUSH!

..something heavy suddenly pounced on Reverie and landed hard on her.

"Can't breath.. Need air.. Die.. Get off me.." Reverie struggled for air.

"REVERIE-CHAN! I missed you so much."

"Ahhh.. Cherri-sama. Such pleasure to meet you." Sherrice greeted, completely ignoring the fact that Cherri was choking Reverie to death.

"SHERRICE!! GET HER OFF ME!" Reverie ordered.

"Hait.. Hait.. You should quit the bossy attitude of yours, you know. It's getting annoying."

Reverie sighed. "Please, Sherrice. Please get her off me."

"That's a little better." Sherrice replied, helping the former Maou up off Reverie.

"Thanks a lot, Sherrice. Can you make it faster next time? I mean, before I actually die."

"No problem.. no problem.."


---------------------------------

Kyou Kara Maou fanfiction

A Shot for Happiness

by sanzo-reload

[chronicle two] Fateful Encounter
---------------------------------


Sherrice was just watching at the side while sipping a cup of coffee when the debate between the former Maou and Reverie took place.

"Why me? Why not someone else?" Reverie shouted loudly.

Cherri smiled. "I just feel that you're the perfect candidate for this job."

"In other word, you chose me for no apparent reason."

"No, of course I chose you for some reasons."

Reverie smirked. "If I'm not too bold, can you please fill me in with the reason of yours? I'd love to hear all of them."

Cherri smiled uneasily. "Err.. err.. You're good with weapon?"

"Why don't you choose Weller-san instead? Everybody knew that his weaponry skill had long surpassed my own."

"Konrad will be too busy taking care of our country while King Yuuri was gone."

"What about Gwendal?"

"Do you really think he will agree to leave this place?"

"Gunter?"

"Too clumsy."

"But still, I do-"

"Reverie-chan, what is this all about? Is it about Wolfram?"

Reverie was taken aback by that question but she quickly snapped out of it. "WHAT? What is he got to do with this?"

Cherri smiled. "You tell me. Are you refusing this because of him? I've been hoping that you have forgiven him for that."

Reverie boiled with anger. "No, you're not going to toy with my mind. I refused to take this task."

"Reverie von Houten, are you saying that you are defying my order as the former Maou by refusing to take this task?" Cherri smile turned into a frown.

Reverie gulped at the sudden seriousness of the former Maou standing right in front of her. "Fine. I'll take the task." With that, she bolted out from the room, leaving Cherri and Sherrice.

Cherri smiled cheerfully. "Good."

Sherrice smirked at the older woman. "So, what's your plan exactly?"

"What? Why do you ask?"

"Because I saw Wolfram just now, happily talking to His Majesty. If I remembered correctly, you said that he will be station somewhere else while Reverie is here. And she's right, you chose her for no apparent reason. You could've chosen someone else. Story cut short, it's clearly show that you ARE indeed planning something."

Cherri smirked evilly.

Sherrice sighed loudly. "Oh, I AM so dead."


-----------------------------------------

(Yuuri POV)

At the royal garden..


"Ahhh.. kimochi." I said to myself as I inhaled the fresh breeze. I was about to do for a quick run when a girl around my age bumped into me. With a silent thud, the girl fell on the ground. I was about to apologize and helped her up when she shot me an icy glare that froze me into my place.

Without much effort, she managed to get back on her feet and again, gave me another dangerous glare. Without realizing it, I caught myself staring at her. She was about the same height as me, dressed in a matching white skirt and blouse, her short blue hair was flowing freely on her back, her skin was quite fair but the most noticeable feature of her was her icy blue eyes.

"What are staring at, shortie?" the girl growled angrily.

"Wh.. I.. I don't mean to st-"

Bush!!

The next thing I know, I was seeing stars dancing happily around my head and there was a stinging pain on my right cheek. And the girl in front of me..


(Reverie POV)

... smirked in victory to the guy who was now lying on the ground in pain.

"That's what you get for staring at me, loser."

That felt unbelievably great. I have to admit that the he didn't really deserve the punch but hell, who cares. I was furious, I was angry. I was forced to come back here. I need to take out my anger on someone. Who cares about this stupid guy? To think about it, this guy kinda reminds me of Wolfram..

STOP IT, REVERIE!!

"Wolfram.. Wolfram.. Wolfram.. Wolfram.. Is that all you people could talk about? For the last time, I don't care about that stupid, senseless, demented, evil and ugly guy." I yelled at the boy in front of me, for a reason I couldn't really find.

The boy stared at me with confusion registered all over his handsome face. "You know Wolfram?"

"Hoe?"


(Sherrice POV)


"Rie-chan! Rie-chan! Where are you?? Geez.. Where is this barbarian girl?"

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice coming from the Royal Garden. I quickly ran toward the source and I saw Reverie with another guy, who was now lying on the ground.

"Wolfram.. Wolfram.. Wolfram.. Wolfram.. Is that all you people could talk about? For the last time, I don't care about that stupid, senseless, demented, evil and ugly guy."
For a moment I just stood there when I saw her outburst. This is my entire fault. I should've known that this is just.... wait just a freaking second. That guy on the ground.. "Black hair, black eyes..." my words trailed off as the sudden realization hit me.


(Normal POV)


"Hoe?"

"Who are you? Because you just call him stupid, senseless, demented, evil and ugly.. So I'm just assuming that you knew him well."

"I.. I.. um... Who are you to care anyway, short-"
Her words was cut short as a Sherrice suddenly emerged from a nearby bush and bowed in front of Yuuri. "GOMENASAI!!! YOUR MAJESTY!!"

"Ha?" was all that he managed to say.

"Sherrice, what's going on? Why are you bowing to him of all people in the world? And who are you calling Your Majesty?" Reverie asked in confusion

"Rie, look at his hair and eyes color, its black."

Reverie rolled her eyes. "So? What's the big deal?"

"He is the King, baka."

"Wh.. what? That's impossible. He's too short."

"He's not. To think about it, he is almost the same height as you and me."

Yuuri sweatdropped. "Anou.. I'm not really comfortable to talk about my height. Can we change the subject please?"

Reverie sighed. "Yare, yare.. Looks like my luck is really bad today. To think I almost killed a king today." She then offered her hand to help the young king up. "Sorry, Your Majesty," she muttered softly, while lightly bowing to him. "I'm ready to accept any punishment that befalls me."

"No.. no.. no punishment." Yuuri smiled, and then scratched his head. "Actually I haven't really got used to this King Yuuri thing. It's kinda nice having someone who treats me like a normal person. Oh, by the way, my name is Shibuya Yuuri." He said, offering a friendly handshake to her.

"Umm.. err.. oh, my name is Reverie von Houten, your new bodyguard-"

"-and her trusty subordinate, me, Sherrice von Houten. Hiya.." she interrupted, shaking his hand abruptly.

"You.. you are my bodyguard?"

Reverie narrowed her eyes. "Yes, I'm afraid I am. I'm sensing that you have problem with it. Do YOU have a problem with it?" she asked, glaring threateningly.

Yuuri gulped (almost choked by his own saliva again!). "No.. Not at all."

Reverie shrugged. "Good then. Let's get going."

"Go where?" the black hair boy questioned.

"Where else? Go back to your world, duh." Sherrice answered.

"But.. I can't."

"Explain.." Reverie ordered.

".. in 10 seconds." Sherice added.

"Umm.. well.."

".. 9.. 8.. 7.."

"Heehhhhh.. You really are counting?" Yuuri exclaimed.

"Duh. Of course.. What makes you think that I'm joking? Where am I? Oh.. 5.. 4.."

"Wait.. wait.. I have to wait until the water suck me in to go back to my world."

Reverie gave him a weird look. "Huh?"

"It's kinda like a coincidence thing. All of a sudden, the water sucks me and poof.. I'm in the other world."

"Okay, then. Let just wait for the time to come. For the time being, I need to take some rest." Reverie decided.

Sherrice nodded. "Yup, me too. See ya later, Yuu-chan." Sherrice said, giving the young king a quick peck on the cheek.

A blush quickly rushed up his face. Yuuri, who was in a daze, waved goodbye to the girls as he saw they go.



-------------------------------------------


A/N : Okay, that's it for chapter two. Sorry for not updating sooner. I am so busy rite now. I'm getting ready to go into college now, so a lot of things need to be done.

Cookies to Emi-chan0146 for reviewing.. Yeah, I see what you mean.. I never see any non-yaoi KKM fic out there, so I decided to make one..
Please review..