Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Watch out for the Green Eyes ❯ Part 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

First of all, I want to apologize for taking so long to update. Keeping in mind that I used to update once a week or two, I presume that some of you thought that I'll never finish. Well, stuff happens but I always try to do justice to the readers and finish my fics.
 
And thank you everyone for reading and reviewing! Happy New Year!
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Kyou Kara Maou! I'm not making any money.
Warnings: Yaoi (male x male), Yuuri x Wolfram. Some other pairings.
Summary: The action takes place six years after Yuuri and Wolfram got together/six years after the events in “Working out the Paradox”. Yuuri and Wolfram have been married for four years.
A/N 1: Age: Yuuri - 22, Wolfram - who the heck knows?!
A/N 2: I hate Greta; she is nonexistent in this story, and Yuuri has never adopted her.
 
 
Watch out for the Green Eyes
 
by chayron (lttomb@yahoo.com), beta-read by Melisenda
 
Part 26
 
“Yuuri?”
 
“Mmm?”
 
“What is happening at Faraya's palace now?”
 
From the windowsill he had been leaning on and looking through the window, Yuuri turned to look at his husband who had a tray on the bed and was eating pea-soup. He would wince every time he lifted his arm, but Yuuri knew it was useless to say anything.
 
“Is there something you are particularly interested in?” Yuuri asked.
 
Wolfram pulled the spoon out of his mouth. “Well, there was that servant, Lasami, who helped me out. I wonder what happened to him.”
 
Yuuri shrugged. “I'll ask around. There are a few people responsible for the palace now. But if he was clever enough, he got away as soon as the commotion started.”
 
Wolfram nodded. “Yeah, I figured as much… Considering that Amae gave him some of his jewelry, I doubt I'll ever see him again.” Wolfram sighed.
 
Interested, Yuuri watched his husband blowing at his hot soup and wincing at the same time like a tortured hamster. “Hmm… It seems you made some friends there…”
 
“I wouldn't really call him a friend. He was an ally. Say, what happened to the harem that was there?” Wolfram tried to make the question sound as casual as he could.
 
Yuuri started. “Huh? A harem? There was a harem?” He straightened from the windowsill and approached Wolfram. “This is the first time I've heard about it.”
 
Wolfram gave him a disbelieving look. “Amae is one of the concubines. There were thirteen of them: three females and ten males. One of the females was pregnant with Faraya's child. Didn't Faraya say anything? Don't you know anything?”
 
His breath stuck somewhere deep in his throat, Yuuri shook his head. “I… I didn't oversee the life in the palace. I just left it all as it was, transferring the responsibility to some of my men. I didn't have time for that.” He stared at Wolfram, confused. “But why didn't Faraya say anything? All he mentioned was that he wanted to see Amae. What about that woman and his child?”
 
Wolfram lowered his spoon back into the bowl. He stared at the soup. “You know, he either thought that you might have already killed the woman or he didn't mention her thinking that you might do so if knowing that he has an heir.”
 
Yuuri ruffled through his hair. “Shit. I need to have a word with him.”
 
Wolfram nodded. “Yeah. You have already arranged the trip together with Amae anyway.” Wolfram raised his head from the bowl to give Yuuri a stern look.
 
“Hmm? What is it?”
 
“Don't even think about keeping the harem.”
 
Yuuri groaned. “I can't cope with you alone; a harem would be my death.”
 
XXXXX
 
It was a cold October morning when Amae met Yuuri as arranged. A few days had passed since he talked to Yuuri and decided on seeing Faraya. Those few days turned into weeks in Shin Makoku. Yuuri warned him that they would step into a full-blown winter there and that he needed to dress warmly.
 
Leaning on the wall next to the door, Amae waited for Yuuri outside Wolfram's ward. He would have preferred to go with Wolfram or Kyota. He couldn't stop wondering if Faraya didn't say anything to Yuuri because he was afraid of Yuuri's wrath or if there was some other reason.
 
The two of them fit together so nicely, Yuuri and Wolfram. His surprise after meeting Yuuri had turned into the realization that, to tell the truth, Wolfram probably would not be able to coexist with a man of any other character. Wolfram put a lot of effort in keeping their relationship, but the blond was too aggressive, demanding and snappish. If his husband were the same or worse, by this time Wolfram would have probably killed him
 
It was mostly due to Yuuri's understanding and acceptance that the two of them were able to maintain their relationship. Yuuri rarely used his authority and status; he simply stepped down quietly if he thought it wouldn't really matter or that Wolfram's suggestion was also worth attention. But there was another thing about Yuuri that he had noticed a little later while having a conversation with the man to arrange his and Faraya's meeting - there were some things that if Yuuri thought them important, he would never step down and his word was final. Yuuri gave Wolfram a lot of room but knew how to be resolute too, and Wolfram knew to obey him.
 
Amae turned to the door that opened. Yuuri stepped out into the corridor.
 
“Well, ready?”
 
Amae nodded. As much as it was possible, anyway. He still wasn't sure about seeing Faraya.
 
“Just don't come close to the barrier. It is possible to pass through it from the outside but it's solid from the inside,” Yuuri said while they were walking down the corridor.
 
As they walked, Amae silently looked out the corridor windows at the trees with their yellowing leaves. They had discussed all precautions earlier. Yuuri probably thought him a brainless child if he was repeating everything once again. He had noticed everybody doing that around him and wondered whether that was caused by his looks or the well-known fact that he had been a concubine. It wasn't as annoying as it was disappointing. He got used to keeping silent and letting them blabber on about anything they wished.
 
After he had escaped the palace and his entire planet, he had been wondering what he was supposed to do now. He was a stranger here or anywhere else for that matter. Nobody awaited him with their arms open and he didn't expect them to. There was another thing that was bothering him. He still wasn't able to honestly answer himself as to why he had escaped. Was it to escape the life that he ,lived? To escape Faraya? To escape himself and start everything anew? Did he really believe that escaping would change the way he was?
 
Yuuri opened the door leading outside and Amae held his hand out to cover his eyes as a gust of wind whipped his loose hair up. It was cold here. He was used to constant summer and about a month of rain in Bianlu. Even then the rain had worked on him depressingly. Now, as it was constantly dark and rainy, he was always sluggish and even somewhat disoriented. He would also turn snappish when people didn't understand that he just wanted to be left in peace and have some rest. It was just his mentality, but nobody understood that. Kyota yelled at him non-stop and he yelled back at Kyota. It was driving him crazy.
 
The only one who understood him and with whom he could talk was Wolfram but he didn't want to encumber the blond. It was enough that Wolfram had taken him along. Besides, Yuuri was already shooting jealous glances at his side, and he didn't want to cause any trouble for Wolfram.
 
Amae followed Yuuri who had turned into an empty alley between two blockhouses. The rippling gate jumped up in front of them and he went after Yuuri into it.
 
The two of them appeared in Shin Makoku instantly. Amae watched the ripples sink down to the ground and soon they dispersed completely. They were right in front of the gate of Blood Pledge Castle. Wordlessly, Amae followed Yuuri who started walking forward.
 
His head reclined, Amae stared upward at the high hill and a huge building and its high turrets. Different than the palace in Bianlu, this huge castle was built from dark stones and gave out a gloomy impression. Outside the gate, stationed guards saluted and let them pass.
 
Once inside the city, he wasn't able to see much of a difference between his native people and these. Although their facial features were much more petit than those that he was used to seeing, and almost all of them had varicolored eyes and hair, they were busy with work and their daily lives just as the people in Bianlu.
 
Some people stopped, bowed or waved at Yuuri while the two of them were passing and it seemed like an ordinary everyday occurrence. Amae wondered what it would look like if instead of Yuuri, it was Faraya nodding and waving back at all these people. The thought made him snicker inwardly. People were also curious about him, inspecting his black hair and distinctive facial features. He wondered if they thought that he was a new lover of Yuuri. People were so nosy...
 
The inside of the castle wasn't that fancy either. It was well furnished and decorated, but there was not the grandeur that could be seen at Faraya's palace. That said quite a lot about Yuuri.
 
Faraya was being kept in the empty chambers on the ground floor. Yuuri had tried negotiating with the man and it went quite well, but he and Faraya had to work out final touches. The thing was that Yuuri didn't trust him yet. Faraya seemed to be open to negotiation but there was something deceptive about the man. Yuuri wasn't able to figure it out yet, but the life that he had spent in Shin Makoku showed him that he had better trust his instincts.
 
The chambers were quite big and well arranged but Faraya was kept confined by the barrier in the last room. Amae and Yuuri passed one room and after opening the door they stepped into the room where Faraya was sitting on a sofa. After hearing them enter, he raised his head from the book he had been reading. He closed the book and put it beside him on the sofa.
 
 
“Amae,” he stood up, greeting his former concubine.
 
“Hello,” Amae answered, taking the older male in. Faraya hadn't changed - there was still a strong presence of authority on him and he didn't seem to be much affected by the capture. Instead of his usual clothes, Faraya was wearing the clothes that were common in this country and they suited him, complimenting his fine built. But despite his regal posture, Faraya seemed to be somewhat tired.
 
Unsure, Amae approached the barrier that was quite visible. It was as if the air were rippling there, drawing a varicolored line across the space in front of him. Yuuri stayed at the door, letting him move freely in the room.
 
He could feel Faraya's eyes skim over him and it was so familiar, the piercing gaze leaving a tingling sensation on his skin while sliding down his white shirt and black jeans. Suddenly feeling somewhat shy, he brushed the loose hair behind his ear. He knew he must look strange to Faraya.
 
“You have lost weight, Amae,” Faraya said when the younger male approached the barrier. “Is the blond a bad owner?”
 
Amae didn't say anything to that, staring at the ground next to Faraya's feet, his fingers playing with the end of his sleeve nervously.
 
“Is everything okay with you?” Faraya asked then. “I heard you decided to live in Shin Makoku…”
 
Amae's eyes rose to meet the dark ones. After a minute he averted his eyes to look at the wall on his right. “Yes, I thought I might be happier there,” he muttered.
 
Faraya nodded. “Had it really been that bad?” he wondered then. As Amae kept silent, he questioned further. “And how does it feel to change your surroundings?”
 
Amae shrugged tiredly. “It's interestingly annoying.” He brushed his forehead with the back of his hand. “I…I think I'd better go,” he muttered. He turned to go.
 
“You are still wearing it.”
 
On his way to the door, Amae stopped to take a look at his wrist. Faraya must have noticed the bracelet after the sleeve of his shirt had rolled up. “Yes. After all, it's a nice piece of metal, isn't it?” Amae said softly. Faraya didn't say anything to that, and he turned around to look at the older male. “I was just wondering… Have you ever loved me, Faraya?”
 
The older male chuckled softly. He sat back down onto the sofa, sighing, “We both know you know the answer to that.”
 
Amae watched him for a few long moments. “I was wondering why you didn't set the entire army and camp on fire then… You could have won the war.”
 
A soft but quite bitter smile lit up on Faraya's strong-featured face. He shook his head. “Maybe so, but the blond's husband showed up just right on time, didn't he? There's no difference now.”
 
“Faraya?”
 
“Mmm?”
 
Amae faltered. He turned to look at Yuuri, who was leaning with his back against the wall and listening to their conversation with interest. Amae turned back to Faraya. “You do realize that you are done for, don't you?” Amae asked the older man.
 
Faraya let out a low chuckle. “Nothing is over yet, Amae.”
 
Amae watched him for some time then nodded. “I thought it might be so.” He wondered if he was that much of a coward. Did he still want to be one? What for?
 
Faraya leaned forward on the sofa and held out his hand. “Come.”
 
Amae laughed softly.
 
Yuuri didn't even mange to react as Amae suddenly sped past him and crossed those few meters that separated him from the barrier. Once he was inside the barrier, Faraya grabbed him, his right arm wrapping around the younger male's waist, holding him tightly. Grinning widely, Faraya raised his head from Amae's face to look at Yuuri, who meanwhile had also crossed the barrier.
 
“We'll meet again, youngster,” he said before disappearing in a burst of flames.
 
Unable to believe in what had just happened, Yuuri stared at the empty space in front of him. A few seconds later he rubbed his face with his hands, cursing himself softly. He looked at the vacant sofa and the book forgotten on it. Faraya had always been able to summon the gate, he just…had been waiting for Amae. Shaking his head in disbelief, Yuuri repeated the last scene in his head. He hadn't even managed to react, his hand only shooting out to grab Amae reflexively but it had been too late. `I'm sorry,' Amae had mouthed to him while clinging to Faraya.
 
He had screwed up. Faraya escaped and Amae went with him. Was there anything else to add?
 
XXXXX
 
Wolfram was asleep when Yuuri returned to the hospital. His agitation about Faraya's escape included a great deal of uneasiness concerning Wolfram's reaction to the news of Amae disappearing. Wolfram wasn't going to react well, and he knew that even if not mentioning it or blaming him openly, deep down Wolfram would be bitter that he let them escape.
 
Wolfram was getting better fast. On the surface, the wound was almost healed, there was still some considerable damage underneath the skin and it still hurt if Wolfram moved around too much and tried to raise his hands, but his doctor said that he would be able to leave the hospital in a day or two. It was obvious that the doctor was quite shocked at the extraordinary recovery rate. Each time after undressing the wound he was shaking his head in disbelief.
 
He couldn't wait to take Wolfram away from here. He also knew that Wolfram would improve much faster if in Shin Makoku where his family was and where he was used to the surroundings.
 
Wolfram shifted in his sleep then his eyelids fluttered open. “Yuuri?” He turned to look at the window where it was dark. “What time is it? Why aren't you at home yet?” His gaze came back to Yuuri sitting in the armchair. Yuuri seemed to be somehow slumped. “Did something happen?”
 
Yuuri stood up. Not really finding himself a place, he circled the room then finally turned to the small table at the window and sat down there. Brushing back the hair strands that were covering his forehead, he sighed.
 
“Spit it out, Yuuri,” Wolfram muttered, his voice filled with nervous apprehension.
 
“Faraya escaped.”
 
Wolfram's eyes flew wide and he sat up suddenly. He grimaced at the pain in his chest then cursed. Abruptly, he inhaled sharply and turned to Yuuri. “Where's Amae? Faraya might…”
 
Yuuri put his elbows on the table and sighed tiredly. “Amae went with him. It was just…one moment he was standing next to me, the other he was running to Faraya.”
 
Wolfram stared at him, stunned. “Oh,” he exhaled. He groaned then. “For fuck's sake… that idiot…” He shook his head to clear his mind. “Do you have any guess as to where Faraya might have gone to?” Wolfram asked after a few moments.
 
Yuuri shrugged, defeated. “Being one of the rulers, he can go anywhere he wishes and until he does something drastic I won't be able to find him. Practically, he can reside on any planet he wishes.” He raised his head to look at Wolfram.
 
“How did he escape, Yuuri?”
 
“He only pretended not to be able to open the gate. As soon as I brought Amae to him, he took what he wanted and went off.”
 
His head lowered, Wolfram stared at the cover in front of him. “Crap.”
 
Yuuri watched the blond then started getting confused. “You don't seem to be very surprised about Amae's choice.”
 
Wolfram closed his eyes. “I am…but…” he muttered. “I think I assumed that if given a second chance, Amae might change his decision.” He kept silent for a minute then shrugged. “Faraya loved him and deep down Amae knew that. Escaping didn't really change anything only made him realize that. And he tried too hard and too fast to adapt here…”
 
Yuuri reclined his head to look at the dark ceiling. “Yes, he seemed to be somewhat depressed.” he agreed. “So in the end he chose Faraya over Kyota…” Yuuri muttered then.
 
Wolfram shook his head in protest. “It's not that easy.”
 
Yuuri shrugged. “I understand his choice, but I believe that sooner or later he will regret going back to Faraya.”
 
“Maybe.” The blond raised his head to look at Yuuri. “So now what? Will we always have to be ready for his possible attack?”
 
From the ceiling, Yuuri turned to look at his husband. “It seems so. I screwed it all up.”
 
“He's a clever bastard, Yuuri. He tricked all of us. I had no idea that he was able to summon the gate either.”
 
“Maybe he hadn't been. But after seeing me summon one… I made a huge mistake by bringing him over to Shin Makoku.”
 
Wolfram didn't say anything since both of them knew that it was true. “Doesn't matter, Yuuri,” he muttered then. “Go home, get some sleep and then we'll think this over.”
 
“Can I sleep here?”
 
“Wolfram rolled his eyes at his husband. "Of course you can. But don't think about doing anything funny- I still hurt all over.”
 
Yuuri chuckled. “Got it.”
 
XXXXX
 
“What the…?!”
 
Yuuri blinked his eyes open then had to shield them as a bright light hit them. Next to him, he could feel his husband stirring. Confused, he turned to look at the door.
 
“Oh. Kyota. Morning,” Yuuri yawned loudly and settled back down. He felt Wolfram tugging at the cover and eased closer to him to give more of it. The blond hummed contentedly and was out again.
 
“Wolfram is too weak to have sex yet,” Kyota said matter-of-factly. “His wounds might reopen.”
 
Yuuri gave him an annoyed look. “What the hell does it have to do with you? Besides, Kyota, if I am in the bed with my husband it might simply mean that I just want to sleep and not… And if I ever need your advice on sex… Actually I wouldn't ever ask you.”
 
“His Majesty would miss out terribly, then,” Kyota purred.
 
Yuuri lifted his head and looked around the bed for something to throw. He considered throwing his shoe at Kyota then rejected the idea. Then he wanted to say something about Kyota being a libertine, but decided not to lower himself to that.
 
“Kyota,” Wolfram snapped, to Yuuri's surprise, “get lost.” Then he groaned, shielding his eyes against the sun shining through the window. “And why the heck are you here so early?!”
 
Yuuri was always amazed by the way Kyota would shut up as soon as Wolfram spoke or reprimanded him. But it was probably what one would call “being in love”. It really disturbed him.
 
“Amae disappeared. The idiot was away the entire night,” Kyota spat. “I figured you might know something.”
 
Yuuri and Wolfram looked at each other.
 
“Oh,” Wolfram said.
 
“Uh,” Yuuri blinked.
 
“It's not that I'm worried, mind you, but he was supposed to be back yesterday, wasn't he?” Kyota continued.
 
Wolfram watched his husband for a few moments then sighed. He turned his head to Kyota then sat up slowly. “We have some news for you concerning that.”
 
Deciding that it was his responsibility to deliver the bad news, Yuuri shifted softly next to Wolfram indicating to his husband that he was going to be the one to talk. “Faraya escaped.”
 
Kyota's response was just the same as Wolfram's - his body leaning back, eyes widening in shock. The blue-haired male stared at him for a few moments. “Amae?” he asked a second later.
 
“The concubine is also gone,” Yuuri said, bracing himself for the oncoming reaction.
 
“He kidnapped Amae?!” Kyota exclaimed, his worried and shocked voice loud in the room.
 
Wolfram shook his head. “No. Amae went with him of his own will. Yuuri was there; he saw.”
 
Kyota stared at them both for a few moments, absorbing the information then his lips tightened into a dangerous line. “I can't fucking believe that.”
 
“It's… it seems that their connection was deeper than I had assumed… I'm sorry,” Wolfram muttered.
 
“And what the hell are YOU apologizing for?!” Kyota snarled at him. He suddenly kicked the chair next to him, sending it crashing into the wall where it fell apart with a horrible noise. “The fucking slut!” he cursed, shaking in anger.
 
Wolfram held Yuuri back as he seemed worried about Kyota's outburst and obviously wanted to stop it before the older male did something else equally stupid. Yuuri stayed next to Wolfram but he carefully watched Kyota to be ready to react on time. But it seemed that Kyota had more self-control than his husband. The older male was still looking around at the room with the same burning gaze as if he wanted to crash it all or set in on fire and his harsh breathing was audible, but then he inhaled sharply a few times and the angry redness started seeping off his face.
 
Well, the bitch had better be ready the next time I meet him,” Kyota spat, walking out the door, slamming it shut behind him.
 
Yuuri wasn't that sure which man Kyota had meant. Or if it had been directed at them both. He turned to the side where Wolfram had exhaled loudly and leaned his head on the headboard.
 
“You know, he has awful bad luck with men,” Yuuri commented.
 
Stifling a wince, Wolfram lifted his hands to rub at his face. “It's not that he has better with women.”
 
Yuuri gave him a lopsided smile. “Hmm? I didn't know he was bisexual…”
 
Lowering his hands off his face, Wolfram sighed. “I'm not going to talk to you about Kyota's preferences.”
 
Yuuri chuckled. “No, you don't need to do that - I can see perfectly where they lie anyway.”
 
“Shut up, Yuuri,” Wolfram sighed. “Gods, I just wish he'd finally marry some chick, have kids and settle down. His constant trysts are already echoing all over Delam.”
 
Yuuri shrugged. “Yeah, I also heard that he is quite popular. Well sure, being the heir to the Duchess, money and good looks does that to one.”
 
Wolfram groaned. “Why the heck are we talking about this, Yuuri?”
 
“To make you feel better.”
 
“This is by no means making me feel better.”
 
“Mmm? What about other things that would really make…?” Yuuri said suggestively.
 
“Go get me some breakfast in that case.”
 
Yuuri rolled out of the bed, giving him a disappointed sigh. “Okay.” He took his jeans from the chair, pulled them on then threw his shirt on.
 
XXXXX
 
Yuuri stepped into the darkening ward silently. After seeing the blond awake and eating something from a blue bowl, he relaxed and walked over to his bed to sit down. During these few days while in the hospital, Wolfram had eaten unbelievable amounts of food. His husband had always had a good appetite but it wasn't that - recently he had lost some weight and gotten wounded, so, naturally, his system was replenishing the lost energy.
 
While younger, Wolfram had been quite skinny but soon after they got together he noticed the blond's body filling out, acquiring more muscle, the lines of his body becoming stronger than earlier. Similar changes were happening to his body at the same time but when considering height, Wolfram never got there - he had hardly grown since the first time they met. However, Yuuri had never noticed that Wolfram ever worried about his height. The blond wouldn't mind getting a few additional centimeters, of course, but he had never been pining because of that.
 
“Mmm?”
 
Yuuri blinked at Wolfram who was looking at him questioningly, his bowl already emptied and resting on the cabinet near the bed. Realizing that he had been staring at the blond, Yuuri shook his head. “Nothing.”
 
“Well, did you inform everyone?”
 
“Yes. I thought that Gwendal would start yelling at me any second…” Yuuri rubbed his forehead tiredly. “I wouldn't have blamed him, though. Shit, I can't believe I let them get away!”
 
Wolfram shifted to get out of half-sitting position. He slowly slid under the cover. “Amae won't be a threat to us. He might love Faraya but he won't go against me. Or you for that matter.”
 
Yuuri nodded. If Wolfram was saying it then it meant that he knew for sure. “Wolfram?”
 
Yuuri's voice was quite serious and the blond looked at him questioningly.
 
“The administration has gotten a written complaint about your behavior. They say that you threw out the nurse from your ward. For the third time. They said that you had been cursing. They also mentioned about you threatening to chop her hands off… I want you to explain that to me.”
 
Wolfram tried to turn his back to Yuuri but because of a sharp pang of pain in his chest region he had to reject the thought. “She tried to wash me. I mean, for fuck's sake - I wake up and she has a sponge on my crotch! And then she came back. And then the bitch came back for the third time. So yeah, I cursed a little.”
 
“Great… And I was wondering why you stink…” Annoyed, Yuuri closed his eyes for a few seconds. Deciding that there was no way the lecture about Wolfram's behavior would be useful, he lowered his hand to Wolfram's cover. “C'mon,” he pulled it off Wolfram. “Let's get you washed.”
 
“Yuuri, it's late and…”
 
“I saw that they have everything in the bathroom. I'm not sure where I'll get the sponge and some clean clothes, but you are getting washed. That's final.”
 
Yuuri's tone left no room for protesting, and Wolfram slid off the bed. He scowled at Yuuri who had pushed the wheelchair to the bed then he turned to the door.
 
“If you fall, I'll leave you lying,” Yuuri threatened. Frowning, he left the wheelchair in the ward and followed his wobbling husband.
 
“Shut the fuck up and help me get there,” Wolfram threw over his shoulder, lifting his right arm a little.
 
Yuuri sighed and caught up with his husband to support him. The blond was obviously irritated but, not seeing enough reason to disobey, Wolfram was doing as told.
 
Yuuri led Wolfram to the bathroom, switched the light on and left him checking out various soaps and shampoos while he himself went to search for clothes and a sponge. Soon he was equipped with two sponges, two towels and a robe. He loved private hospitals, especially when his brother was the owner - everybody was ready to fulfill any wish of his. Even that complaint about Wolfram's behavior was handled very smoothly. It had only been mentioned that maybe he should talk with his friend. Only after he had expressed an interest in knowing the reason behind it was he shown the filled out complaint.
 
It seemed that nothing serious happened after all. As far as he understood it, Wolfram had shoved the nurse away without doing any physical damage, shouted a bit and cursed. That was quite easy to settle - a few bouquets of roses and some chocolate should do the trick. He was only wondering how he would make Wolfram apologize. He doubted the blond would. Wolfram was very protective of his personal space, not to mention his privates, and any attempt to reason with him would probably be futile as he would never see himself at fault in this kind of situation. To humiliate him by making Wolfram apologize against his will was something that he would never do. Their relationship was based on a great amount of trust and he never wanted to damage the blond's trust in him.
 
When Yuuri came back to the bathroom, Wolfram was sitting on a small stool in the corner. The blond gave him a good measured glare then stood up slowly.
 
“Well, did you find everything?”
 
Yuuri nodded. “Yes, the nurses were very helpful. “They also said they would come to change your bandages after we are done.” He looked around the bathroom while thinking where to put the clothes. The bathroom was quite big and tiled white. It had a corridor with a cupboard with various soaps, shampoo bottles and other toiletry items and there also were a few small stools. There was a separate cabin for a shower, and a separate cabin where a bathtub stood. The two of them were quite spacious.
 
Yuuri put the bundle he had been carrying onto the small cabinet near the matted window. “Well, do you want to take a bath or have a shower?” By the way the blond was looking at the two stalls it was obvious that he didn't want either. “I think it would be more comfortable for us both if you took a bath,” Yuuri decided for them by walking over to start filling the tub.
 
“Fine.”
 
Wolfram watched Yuuri squat down and give a few swipes to the bathtub to make sure it was really clean then start to fumble with the taps. “I'm sorry for causing you trouble,” the blond muttered resignedly.
 
Yuuri shrugged. After having adjusted the water's temperature just as he wished it, he turned to the blond. “Don't worry about it. It's nothing.” He sighed then held his hand out. “C'mon, come here, I'll help you to undress.”
 
Wolfram approached him then turned around to let Yuuri unfasten the ties on the back of the robe. The bandages weren't thick anymore. Yuuri hadn't seen the wound itself but he presumed that if doctors were already talking about Wolfram's quickly oncoming discharge, so then it should mean that it was almost healed.
 
After having unwrapped the swathes, Yuuri was assured that it was indeed so. There was a slight cut on the skin underneath them but it was obvious that tomorrow there wouldn't be any sight of it. He wondered if it was the same underneath the skin. A full-blooded Mazoku's healing abilities always left him stunned. Wolfram would feel a slight discomfort for some time but he was almost healed.
 
Wolfram's pale skin was smooth and had no scars whatsoever. He had been wounded many times, he had fallen off his horse a few times, got hit and so on, but he had always been using healing majutsu which never left any scars. If not for the healing majutsu his body probably would be crisscrossed with them.
 
Tentatively, Yuuri traced his fingers near the blond's left nipple where the cut was healing. The skin around it was stretched and a little pinkish. Flinching, Wolfram shied away. Yuuri lifted his hand.
 
“Sorry.”
 
Wolfram looked at him sideways then brushed a few locks off his forehead. He was half-hard and on display but it was obvious that it was not only him wanting to touch and be touched.
 
“I kind of like that longish hair,” Yuuri said, ruffling through the blond bangs. Then he frowned. “Yuck, it's all greasy,” he said while removing his hand. “When was the last time you bathed?”
 
Wolfram smacked his hand away. “I had no time for that pampering shit while managing an army.”
 
Sighing, Yuuri turned away to turn off the tap. “Come here.”
 
The blond walked over to him and Yuuri helped Wolfram to ease into the tube slowly. First, Yuuri started on the blond's hair and soon Wolfram's head reclined blissfully on the edge of the tub to enjoy the massage. Yuuri grinned at the sight.
 
“I should do this more often, it seems,” he chuckled.
 
“Mmmhmm…” Wolfram purred. “I used to wash your hair quite frequently, remember?”
 
“Yeah,” Yuuri nodded. “I liked that.”
 
Yuuri washed the shampoo off the blond hair then took a sponge and told his husband to stand up.
 
“You have lost some weight,” Yuuri said while washing Wolfram's back with a sponge. He scrubbed every patch of the blond's pale skin until it turned freshly pink and finally spoke of cleanliness. He only avoided worrying Wolfram's chest.
 
After they were done, Yuuri wrapped the blond into a towel then started drying him thoroughly. Wolfram stood on the mat letting Yuuri fuss about him then tensed when he felt Yuuri's hands slide to his waist and linger there. Staring at Yuuri's face, he could feel the warmth of the palms seeping slowly through the towel. The hold on his waist was becoming firmer with each passing second.
 
Hesitating but beside himself with want, Yuuri leaned forward to capture the blond's lips. His right hand immediately found Wolfram's nape and damp hair. Despite the reluctance earlier, the prince seemed to be equally eager, opening his mouth and meeting him fervently.
 
They broke a minute later, their eyes glazing with lust, Wolfram's breathing heavy and troubled. Yuuri leaned in for another round, his right hand now going straight to the blond's groin. It never reached its destination, though as Wolfram stopped it in its way.
 
“My lung has been recently punctured and I can hardly stand on my feet. Do you want me to suffocate?” he panted out.
 
The lust on Yuuri's face was cleared by disappointment. Reluctantly, he let go of the blond who wrapped himself firmer into the towel and stepped aside from the temptation.
 
“This really sucks,” Yuuri frowned. “Can I at least jerk off while you watch?” he offered, chuckling.
 
Wolfram smacked him on the shoulder. “Jerk off as much as you wish, but I won't be watching - too much to take.”
 
Yuuri lowered his eyes to the blond's crotch. “Yeah, it seems so,” he grinned suddenly while lowering his hand and making Wolfram's penis bob up and down, “you sure wouldn't last long.” He turned aside to avoid Wolfram slapping him on the head. Deftly, he caught Wolfram by his waist, pressing him close to his body.
 
“Yuuri…”
 
“Just a kiss, okay?”
 
Sighing at Yuuri's stupidly pouting face, Wolfram leaned forward. Yuuri's mouth was on his in an instant. He had missed Yuuri's lips moving against his, Yuuri's fingers sliding into his hair then cupping his head to deepen the kiss… It all was tied with security, stability and closeness which he needed so much now. Yuuri's mouth was warm and wet and moved against his with that urgency he needed and loved so much. He wanted more, he wanted to be swallowed by Yuuri's passion. To be purified by it.
 
“Hey, hey,” Yuuri pushed him away gently and started guiding him toward one of the stools. Wolfram was almost panting, his difficult breathing raspy and choky.
 
They waited until Wolfram's breathing returned to normal. Then Yuuri noticed him starting to shiver under the damp towel. He finished drying the blond, helped him to dress in a new robe and a few minutes later the two of them left the bathroom.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1