Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Notes: Here's chapter two!! ^_^ Thank you very much to those who read my work!

This chapter is dedicated to ryoku!!
Thank you very much for reviewing!! ^_^ I'm so happy to know you liked my fanfic!!

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR, but I do own the new character here and the plot!

...could you guess who the new character is?

Well, enough blabbering and on with the story!

A What If Story
by SorceressMidori

THIRD PERSON POV

Caldina knew that Ascot was just faking that smile so she waited until everybody went to his or her rooms. She went to Ascot's room to have a chat with her so-called brother.

Knock, knock...

"Who could it be this time of night?" Ascot thought then opened his door to find Caldina, "Oh, Caldina, it's you! What's up? Did you and Lafarga have a fight?" Ascot asked.

"No Ascot, nothing's wrong," Caldina said, then she sighed, "I thought I'd ask you that question. What's up?"

Ascot looked down a little, trying to hide his blush.

"It is about how Umi-chan is, right?" Caldina said with a smirk like a true sister's on her face.

"Well… yeah, sort of…" Ascot said, unsure of what to say.

"Well, I know how much you love her, but just think of how much happier she is back at her world. Do you think she is like Fuu and Hikaru? Unlike both of them Umi though about the things she would miss back home." Caldina explained, " You see Ascot, she both loves these two worlds but she realized that she can't have it both, so she took her home; just pray that she's enjoying herself there, ok?"

"I see…" Ascot began, looking seriously at Caldina, "Do you think there's somebody back at her world who loves her like I do or even more?"

Caldina was taken aback by Ascot's sudden question. "Umi-chan's a lovable girl, surely there's someone who would love her," Caldina said then poked Ascot's forehead in a sisterly manner, "but no one could love her as much as you do. I believe you love her more than anything, even your life."

Ascot chuckled, "Am I that obvious?"

"To tell you frankly, yes!" Caldina said jokingly to lighten up Ascot's mood, "Cheer up Ascot! I know Umi-chan misses you too!"

"You think so?"

"I know so!" Caldina answered with a smile then glanced at the clock and exclaimed, "Well look how late it is! Lafarga might be looking for me now! See you tomorrow, Ascot-chan!"

Before Caldina opened the door, "Caldina!"

"Yes?"

"Thanks!" Ascot said shyly, honestly speaking he didn't know what to do until Caldina showed up, "Thanks… for everything!"

"It's my pleasure, Ascot!" She said before leaving.

When the door clicked indicating it was closed Ascot turned to his bed. Laying down he closed his eyes and visualized a certain blue haired girl.

"Umi…"

And then he drifted of to the land of dreams.

TOKYO THIRD PERSON POV

"I'm home!" Umi said as she entered her home only to find it empty as usual. She just remembered that her parents were on this business trip and she'd be alone in the house for about who knows how long.

UMI'S POV

I wish I just stayed in Cephiro, and then I wouldn't be bored to death here. If only I wasn't too chicken to give up everything here. I wish I'm just there… in Cephiro… with him

I sighed as I got to my room, "Tomorrow would be the field trip, neh?" I said to no one in particular. I think I'm getting insane, but being insane is better than being alone.

I looked for the things I'm supposed to bring. It'd be a 3-day trip if I'm not mistaken, 3 days and 2 nights. Would there be something worthwhile in the trip other than seeing the sights and learning more about its history? I hope so…

CEPHIRO, CALDINA'S POV

I closed Ascot's door with a sigh. He really darn misses Umi. If only he knew.

Flashback
"Caldina-san!" Umi called out.

"Oh, what is it?" Caldina replied.

"Um, I just wanted to talk," Umi began shyly, "I was just looking for someone to talk to!"

"Is that so?" Caldina chirped delightedly, she always wanted to chat about everything to anyone.

The two ladies talked until suddenly Umi opened a certain subject that needs to be taken seriously.

"Cephiro is so nice, isn't it?" Umi sighed as she looked at everything around her as if memorizing it, "Tomorrow I can't believe that I'm leaving all of this."

Caldina looked at her, shock eminent through her reaction, "Umi, why... why so sudden? Don't you like it here?"

Umi shook her head, "It's not that I don't like it here but I just really do want to go back to Earth, I miss my school and my parents."

"If that's the case, well then!" Caldina said, "But tell me, do you have someone back at home who's really in love with you, what I mean is like a boyfriend?"

Umi was really taken aback by Caldina's question but then she sighed resignedly and said, "No, I was so busy back there with my studies I didn't have the time." Umi sighed again, she decided to tell Caldina her secret, "The truth is the one person I love more than a friend came from this world."

Caldina listened intently, she definitely might tell Ascot about this, "Who is it? Do I know the lucky guy?"

Umi chuckled, "You know him, all right! You probably know the guy more than anyone else here, maybe except his 'other' friends."

Caldina took that as a hint, before she could say anything Umi's chuckles died down. "But I think I can't call him lucky..." she said a lot more seriously, "I once thought that I might tell him my feelings, but I can't take it to hurt him. I know that one day I'll leave him and he'll be miserable because of it. I don't want that to happen because I love him so much!" Umi then broke down to a fit of sobs.

Caldina approached the girl and told her, "At least you could just let him feel you care. Ascot cares about you, you know?"

"I-I don't know what to do..." Umi said as she regained her composure and dried her tears, "I don't want to hurt him more."

"If that's how you feel," Caldina said, smiling at Umi, "Then promise me one thing."

"What is it?" Umi asked.

"Find someone back at your world who'll love you just like how Ascot does!" replied Caldina with a smile that is meant to lighten the mood.

Umi returned the smile, 'Even if it is hard to find someone like Ascot, I'll try!' she thought. "Promise! But you'll have to promise me something too!" Umi smirked, "Take care of him for me!"

"Sure!" Caldina said, now she feels like she has a new younger sibling, and that's Umi. Somehow their little tête-à-tête made a nice sisterly bond to them.

End of Flashback

Caldina sighed, "Umi-chan if you could only cheer Ascot here."

ASCOT'S ROOM, ASCOT'S POV

Cerulean hair that flows like the sea...
Azure eyes that gleam like beautiful sapphires that are embedded on an ivory-like face more like of a fragile doll...
Umi...why do you have to go back to your world... If only I... If only I could...

"Ascot..." said a misty voice, "Ascot, in here!"

"Who is there?" I said as I searched for the sound of the voice, "Show yourself!"

A wisp of purple smoke twirled, slowly forming a girl in white robes.

"Who are you?" I asked, she looks like a fairy. She had purple eyes and long straight platinum hair.

"I'm Drusilla," answered the stranger in my room, "You want something really bad, don't you?"

I looked at her, puzzled. The fairy-like girl stifled a laugh and said, "Oh sorry, let me rephrase that," she smirked, "You NEED something, neh?"

I'm really puzzled now especially this girl just appeared in my room, did she not? And so I voiced out the question in my head, "What do you mean?"

"Umi, right?" she said beaming, "Umi, the girl you fancy, you need her right?"

Suddenly my mind stopped, and all I could do was nod. She laughed again and this time with a tone of triumph.

"I could bring you two together!" she exclaimed.

"But... H-how?" I said, first not believing her, but heck, this is my chance to be with her, and I'm willing to take the chances if it'd be a permanent one.

"That's easy!" she said, "First, you'll have to die here in Cephiro! Then I'll use my magic on you for you to be reborn in Earth."

I gasped. Die here in Cephiro? What in the blazes does she mean? "If I'm going to die here and be reborn again in Earth, wouldn't Umi be too old for me then?" I said, then another problem came to my mind, "Surely Earth is not smaller than Cephiro, how would I meet Umi?"

"One at a time, Ascot! One at a time!" she answered with a confident smile. "First off, you'll be reincarnated there, trust me, you'll be born there to match your age now, in due time you'll be just the right age for Umi, then I'll make sure you'll meet her! There wouldn't be any reason to be there if you don't meet her right?"

"Well..." I said hesitantly.

"Take it or leave it?" she said.

I sighed defeated as I succumb to what my heart desires, "So what do I have to do?"

She turned around, "Don't you want to say "goodbye" to your friends first?" she said teasingly.

I almost forgot! I couldn't be that selfish, could I? At least I'd got to tell them they won't be seeing me anymore, "Well, yeah you're right."

She faced me again, this time in a serious manner, "I'll meet you again next week." she said, "By then, try to think of 3 particular memories that you wouldn't want to be erased, OK?"

With those said, Drusilla disappeared in a puff of purple smoke. Three particular memories? What does she mean? Would I not remember everything here in Cephiro if I'm reborn in Earth? But still, I'll take the chance... If it means I'll be with my Umi forever! I'll do it!

End of Chapter Two

Author's notes: Well this chapter is longer than the first one, would you prefer longer chapters or shorter ones? Well, what do you think now? Does this story deserve to be finished or should I just leave it here? Please review, I would want to see at least 5 new reviews to keep me writing! Reviews always give me the desire to write, you know! So please if you like the story REVIEW!!!

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!