Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Notes: Well, again sorry for the delay, I was pretty busy this past few weeks.
In this chapter, the thing we've all been waiting for: Some Akito & Umi action!! ^_^ heheh, I've been doing some hard thinking on how to present it, (I had two ideas actually, special thanks to Blue_pixie, Madam_Hazel & Anne_anyam for helping me decide on which to use.) Well, let's get on with the usuals!

Dedications:
Chia-chan
I'm so glad you liked it! As I mentioned earlier here it is, the Akito & Umi thing, though this only the start! ^_^ Thank you very very much for that review... And I'm so glad it inspired you! I want to read your works!
someonenooneknows
Don't worry, I'll be putting more chapters to this! School is the only big obstacle though... ~o~;
Nora Neko
Thank you very much for reviewing and also correcting those mistakes... Eheheh... Actually, I haven't watched the whole series yet and I wasn't able to make a nice research for this fic, I just thought of making a fanfic like those that I have read already. To top it all of, English isn't my first language... that explains all those typos I made! ^_^; Again, thanks a bunch!

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR, though I wish I do! All I own are the new characters and the plot! ^_^

A What If Story
by SorceressMidori

"...And that's it for our field trip!" the teacher concluded, "I hope you learned more about the historical places we've visited! Don't forget to pass your reaction papers and essay on Monday! Good day!"

The students cheered knowing that their long and boring field trip is finally over. They each exited the train and went on their own separate ways.

"Eri-chan, Aya-chan, I have to go," said Umi, "I'm sorry I can't hang out today."

"It's ok, Umi-chan," said Aya Fukuma, a girl with long raven hair tied in a braid with silvery blue eyes, "though please come to my house next Wednesday. We'll be having a party!"

"What kind of party?" Eri asked, "and who're coming?"

"Well, there's no special occasion or anything just a plain nice party," answered Aya, "I still don't know who to invite, except you guys but my sister's friends would definitely be coming!"

"Oh, I can't wait!" Eri exclaimed, "I really like parties!"

"Ok! I'll come too!" said Umi cheerily, "I can't let you, guys have all the fun! Just call me about the details, I really have to go!" with those words said she dashed off.

"`Bye Umi-chan," Eri and Aya chorused.

When Umi was out off sight someone from the back covered Eri's eyes and said, "Guess who?"

"Ryu-Ryuuichi-kun!" Eri stammered.

"Ahahahah! Honestly, Eri-chan, can't you tell if it's Ryu or me?" laughed Kei, he made Ryuuichi voice over him while he covered Eri's eyes.

It only took Kei mere seconds to stop laughing and notice Aya. He maybe looking stupid or childish sometimes but whenever he's love struck he sure acts cooler than Ryuuichi.

"I didn't know you had such a pretty friend, Eri-chan!" he said, immediately breaking the mutual silence Eri and Ryu were having. "I'm Kei Asakura!"

"Itto Ryuuichi desu," Ryu introduced himself too.

"Nice meeting you, I'm Aya Fukuma," she replied then quickly whispered something to Eri, "Are all your guy friends this hot?"

Eri giggled at her friend's comment, "Is that what you think of them?"

They all chatted happily until all of a sudden it began to rain.

"This is bad," Ryu muttered, "I wonder if Akito is ok with those films."

"Akito-niichan? Why? Where is he?

"He insisted on leaving first," Ryu answered, "he wants to get those pictures done by tomorrow so he rushed to start developing."

"Mou, he's always like that," Eri commented until Aya interrupted her.

"I hope Umi-chan is fine..."

In the streets of Tokyo, THIRD PERSON POV

"Oh no, it started raining!" Umi told herself as cold water begin to soak her clothes. Reacting on impulse, she ran for the nearest shelter. Unfortunately though, just as she turned from one corner she bumped into someone.

"Ittai (ouch)!" she cried as the impact sent her to the ground.

A pained gasp was heard from the person she bumped. A few scattered things lie drenched on the ground.

"G-Gomen (sorry)!" they said in unison as they gathered their scattered things.

"I'm r-really sorry," Umi said as she tried to pick up her things at top speed, "I... I was,"

"Please forgive my clumsiness," the person said, judging from the person's hand and voice he's a guy, but for Umi there's something familiar about this man's voice, "I'm really sorry!"

"It's ok, I wasn't looking myself," Umi said as she picked the last of her belongings and tried to stand up and look at the person she bumped when, "Yeouch!"

Umi almost fell again but someone immediately caught her.

"Are you alright?!" asked the person, she could clearly identify the man as the one she bumped, and to her surprise the man was the Ascot look alike, 'Not only does he look like Ascot, he sounds like him too,' Umi thought but then she felt an immense pain from her leg.

"M-my leg hurts," she cried as she struggled to stand but this only caused more pain.

The man took a quick look at Umi's leg with her permission, "You've got a sprain," he said, "We need to treat that immediately! Is your home anywhere near this place?"

"No," sobbed Umi, "It's near the school at the next district."

"My apartment is just near. I could treat you there," the man offered, "If it's ok with you?"

Umi could feel the pain searing in her leg and so she just nodded her head meekly. The stranger politely asked her to hold her things and he then lifted her effortlessly.

"Your leg would hurt more if you keep on standing," he said when he saw Umi's embarrassed face.

'So warm,' Umi thought, 'I wonder if it's just like being in Ascot's arms'

"My apartment is just around this corner," he said, "I'm Takakuwa Akito by the way. Please just call me Akito."

"Ryuuzaki Umi desu," she replied, "call me Umi."

After a few moments they reached Akito's apartment. "My place is quite untidy at the moment, but please do make yourself feel at home," he said as soon as he opened the door (with Umi's help, of course) Akito then lied Umi on the couch and their things at the nearest table, "I'll just get the first aid kit and some cold water."

Before Akito left the room Umi called him, "A-ano, I'm really sorry to bother you, Akito-san..."

Akito looked at her thoughtfully before giving her a warm smile, "It's ok Umi-san, and my conscience would never give me peace if I left a pretty lady like you in need."

Umi blushed at his comment before she nodded her head. Akito, too, blushed as he realized what he has just said, he then hurried to get the things he needs to treat Umi's leg.

"Of all times to have a sprain," Umi thought while waiting for Akito, "but what can I do? It's a good thing that Akito-san is nice enough to let me in; he's so like Ascot, always ready to help someone in need."

Umi suddenly awoke from her daydreaming when Akito came in and asked her to remove her socks before he damps her foot with a cold towel.

"You need to rest," he says as he wraps her swollen ankle with a clean bandage, then they heard a loud thunder followed by a harder downpour.

"Oh no!" Umi exclaimed as she watched the rain, "Now, how can I go home?"

"You could stay here for the night," Akito offered.

"But Akito-san, you've done so much, I..." Umi said.

"None sense!" Akito replied as he stood up, "I'll go prepare the room, though you might want to put on some dry clothes or else you'll catch a cold,"

"A-arigatou (thank you)," Umi said shyly, truly Akito came as a stranger to her but his resemblance to Ascot made her feel more comfortable with him, all she knew was she's trusting him more than she thought. Umi then reached for her bag and while Akito was not around she changed her clothes.

With warm clothes on and a very tiring day Umi fell asleep on the couch, completely oblivious to the fact that she was hurrying home minutes ago...

AKITO'S POV

Why am I acting like this? I barely even know her and yet she seems so familiar to me, like we have met before...

'She could sleep in my room while I develop those pictures...' I thought as I left my room to let her in, I approached the couch and find her there sleeping peacefully... she's like an angel, or maybe a water sprite, with all those mass of blue hair cascading from her pretty head... what a sight to behold!

I wonder if I should let her sleep there, but then again the couch is not the most comfortable place to sleep here. And so I picked her up again, she wasn't that heavy but still I have to shift her weight on my other arm so that she won't fall as I carry her, then unexpectedly, her head rested on my chest, the gesture made me blush, but then I'm amazed at the familiarity of this feeling.

End of Chapter Six

Author notes: Sooooooo, how'd ya like it? ^_~; I know it's not much of an Asmi action as I originally thought it should be, but it's a start right? Heheh, this chapter should be longer but I'm really sleepy now, (that's the reason behind the unexpected scene cut and the various typos and redundancy) Please review!! ^_^ Thanks!

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!