Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ If Tomorrow Never Comes ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alrighty, I don't own Magic Knight Rayearth, any of the characters and or likenesses. I also do not own NBC's Passions. So don't think I have any money, I promise you, I spent my last $10 on a Steps CD. Fuu and Ferio belong to CLAMP and not me, though I sure have writen enough about them! Now on to the story....

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Chapter One

Fuu lay curled up in her bed. Her white comforter was wrapped tightly around her. Her golden locks were puddles against the white pillow case. Underneath the sheets she clutched a fat stuffed orange cat that before she had only held when she was little. She looked so young and childlike as if the clock had been set back 10 years.

The phone rung for the fifth time before Fuu's mother answered it quietly. After finding out who it was she went to her daughters room and woke her.

Fuu's eyes fluttered open, they were still fogged with sleep as she took the phone from her mom's hand. She sat up and let the covers slip off.

"Thanks," she whispered to her mother. Then into the phone she said, "hello?"

"Hey, just callin' to check on ya." The person on the other end replied.

"Hm? I'm doing better." Fuu replied slowly.

"Oh by the way, this is Ferio, I noticed you weren't in school again and wanted call and make sure you were ok."

"Oh, alright. Thank you Ferio, I didn't know you cared." She replied softly, sounding harsher then she meant to.

"Um yup sorry if I bothered you." Ferio said sounding a bit let down.

"Sorry, my head's still fuzzy, I just woke up." Fuu said trying to make it up to him.

"It's fine. I'm sorry I really didn't mean to bother you." Ferio said and was getting ready to hang up the phone.

"Ferio, would you like to walk me to school tomorrow?" Fuu asked suddenly.

Ferio blinked in surprise and was glad Fuu couldn't see him. "Sure, that would be great."

"Good, then I will see you tomorrow right?"

"Right." Ferio replied as he grinned. "Bye Fuu."

"Bye Ferio." She hung up and handed the phone to her mother.

Her mom smiled. "He seems like such a nice boy."

Fuu nodded. "He's walked me home a few times, and we often eat lunch together."

"Your boyfriend huh?" Her mom said with a wink.

Fuu blushed and laughed. "Hardly mother, I don't even know where he lives. Or his phone number."

Her mom laughed, "girls always say that."

Fuu shook her head. "So, is Kuu home yet?" She asked, trying desperately to change the subject.

"No, her class isn't over until five. Would you like any lunch?"
Fuu nodded. "Yes that would be good..."

Her mom patted her on the head. "Don't worry, you'll be ok."

Fuu nodded but still hated getting sick, especially when it came and went so often. She had headaches in the morning and was throwing up then too. And no, she wasn't pregnant, so it wasn't morning sickness.

She was feeling better as the day went on she decided to get out of bed. She climbed out of bed and stretched her stiff body and yawned. She had on a pair of green satin pajama's, a pair of pants and a tank top.

Fuu went down stairs, passing pictures of her and her family on the walls along the way. She smiled, she always loved how her mom hung the framed family photos along the wall of the stair way. It was like walking from the past into the future, and always arriving at the latest photo.

When she got down stairs her mother and father were talking quietly in the kitchen, but stopped suddenly as Fuu came into the room.

"How are you feeling dear?" Her father asked with a faked smile.

"Fine, just fine, my headache is gone and I've been able to keep down my lunch from about one o'clock." Fuu replied as she took a seat at he kitchen table.

Her dad leaned up against the green fake marble top counter. His expression was one of concern. He folded his arms and studied Fuu.

"Please father, don't look at me like that. It was just the flu or something." Fuu said as she shook her head.

Kuu came in the door just then, breaking the tension in the room. "Good evening everyone. Class ended early so I hurried home."

"Was it a nice session?" Her mom asked.

Kuu nodded. "Yes, it really was. So, what's everyone up to?"

Fuu shrugged. "Me, I am eating."

Kuu laughed, "I could have guessed that myself."

"Fuu is feeling better, and even has a date." Her mom replied with a smile.

The 16 year old Fuu blushed. "Mooooommmmmm," Fuu wined. "It only asked him to walk me to school so we could talk."

Kuu slid into the seat next to Fuu and looked her in the eye. "So, so, who is he??!" Kuu asked excitedly.

Fuu shook her head and almost laid it down on the table, but then remember she had a bowl of tomato soup and it would be best not to put her face in it.

"Ferio, you wouldn't know him." Fuu replied softly.

"Aww my little sister Fuu-channies is growing up on me!" Kuu said as she smiled.

"Please Kuu, I am eating." Fuu grumbled.

Kuu laughed and patted Fuu on the head. Fuu sighed.

Fuu did admit to herself that she was looking forward to seeing Ferio in the morning. And she hoped that some day she and Ferio could be a couple, Ferio was such a sweet and funny guy. But there was no way she was going to tell her mother or her sister that.

Fuu swallowed another spoonful of soup. Slowly images of Ferio crept into her thoughts once more. The idea of Ferio's arms rapping around her, how his arms would feel. What it would be like if he would kiss her. How it would feel to hear him say 'Fuu-chan'. She smiled dreamily and let out a sweet sigh.

Kuu began laughing. "Fuu, *what* are you thinking about?!"

Fuu quickly took another spoonful of her tomato soap and filled her mouth. She then stared down at the bowl and hoped her sister would leave her alone.

"So, did you have fun staying home from school?" Kuu asked with a smirk. "What happened on Passions today?"

Fuu's face fell and she set the spoon down. "I didn't wake up in time to watch any soap opera's. After my head ache subsided I was really tired."

"Darn, I was hoping I'd be able to squeeze all the details out of you before dinner. That way I wouldn't have to wait until I'm done my home work to watch the tape." Kuu said as she pouted.

"I'll watch with you then," Fuu replied.

"I'm interested in seeing if they really blow up Sheridan and Luis' boat. There's no way they would... Not after that whole buried alive thing." Kuu said as she shuddered slightly.

Fuu laughed. "Did those scenes truly bother you?"

"More than you will ever know... I don't want to be buried when I die, god forbid I'll wake up six feet under..." Kuu said as her eyes widened.

Fuu laughed and shook her head. The best part of that story was when Sheridan was rescued. Then of course you find out she has brain damage. And her boyfriend Luis prays for her at the church on Christmas eve. And she had already woken up and was fine, but he didn't know. And just as he finished the prayer she says his name. Fuu grinned. She loved the feeling of seeing those two embrace after that. She longed for someone to look at her like that, even just once would make her happy.

"There you go again," Kuu grumbled.

"I was just thinking about Luis and Sheridan..." Fuu replied.

"Suuuuure," Kuu replied as she gave her sister a side ways glance.

A shiver suddenly ran up Fuu's spine, and she was surprised. Thinking of Ferio had never done that before. 'It must be love...' She whispered to herself.

oooo This is only the beginning to a story that will be at least 5 chapters.

I've created a Rayearth Fanfiction site, if you are interested in having your Rayearth fanfiction posted go here: http://rayearth_fanfiction.tripod.com or you could even just read what's there already.