Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Marriage Promise ❯ First Vision ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Marriage Promise"

A Magic Knight Rayearth Fic

By Andrea Readwolf

Started: April 21, 2003

Lantis thought hard on what Hikaru had told him. Marriage was a pledge to spend your life with the one person you love most--but Hikaru said she loved both him and Eagle. On Earth, you are not allowed to marry two people.

"But Cephiro isn't Earth."

He looked up at the boy sleeping in the chamber. Lantis imagined he could see Eagle sitting up and talking to him. The expression on his face as Eagle would grin and wink at him....

"Here will is energy," Eagle continued. "And the greater the power of the heart, the greater the power of the will, ne?

"I agree with Hikaru. I love two people and wish to spend my life always with Lantis and Hikaru."

"Eagle..."

"Ask her to stay with us."

The larger man frowned. "I have, but she insists she must attend this 'school' of hers and graduate some high form of this school," the dark-haired man grumped.

The gentle sound of laughter trickled throughout the room. "I suppose on Earth, members of her society require more training than perhaps you or I needed. It must be difficult to live on Earth..."

"But she is too old to not know how to be an effective member of society, only a turn behind yourself!"

"Mayhap.... I wish we could travel there to Earth. I would like to visit her there and see what she does, how she lives... Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Mmn."

"When I was there last time for the test of the Pillar, it seemed like such a fascinating place. I would like to learn more of her world."

Lantis sighed. "But first you must rest and regain your strength," he gruffed. "You have to be able to wake up before you can hope to go traveling to another world."

"So true, my dear friend. I shall rest now, but stay a while with me, ne?"

"Of course."

Lantis spent many nights curled around the sleeping boy. He taught the boy how to meditate and focus his attention on specific parts of his body. He showed the computer baby how to life without so much technology, how to access the magic hidden away inside the human soul.

Slowly, Eagle grew stronger.

Hikaru, and the other young women, visited on what she called 'Sunday,' a day that occurred once a week on Earth. The redhead girl always insisted on spending twice as much time with Eagle than the others. She talked the time away, be galling him with stories of her home and life.

Fuu was teaching her to play piano, and Umi had given her a new recipe for a cake. Her older brother brought a girl home to dinner the other night and she thinks this one could be 'the one.' There was a geometry quiz last Wednesday and all the formulas went flying out of her head. They were starting swimming in gym class. High school entrance exams were in full swing...

Eagle loved to hear Hikaru talk. The sound of her voice enchanted him, and her stories always delighted him. Even more, he loved the idea of surprising her one day when she visited--he would wake up and touch her, smile at her as he longed to do. After every visit, Eagle determined to work harder.

Eagle and Lantis had been... intimate before the deaths of Lantis's brother, Zagato, and Princess Emeralde... before Lantis had left Autozam to become the next Pillar. Lantis had wanted to destroy the Pillar System and planned to destroy himself in the process. Eagle was dying. He was well aware of the fact even though he purposely withheld the information from his loved ones--Lantis included. He thought that if he could become the Pillar, in place of Lantis, he could... Ah, but that was foolishness.

Eagle had come close to become Cephiro's Pillar, closer than Lantis, but it was Hikaru who had more will than either of them. Was it any surprise, then, that she had stolen both of their hearts?

Since Lantis's return to Cephiro, he and Eagle had not had an opportunity to be intimate--it was kind of a hard thing to accomplish when one body was laying there in bed, dead to the world--but they talked more. Their previous intimacy allowed them to discuss the object of their desire with one another.

Their discussions were not always that... proper.

*!*!*!*!*!*

Arms encircle her, holding her warm and tight, safely tucking her away against another's body. Fingers tease her skin, trailing over her body with mad abandon. He whispers into her ear--words of love and lust and she feels dizzy. She can't think straight. His breath is tickling her ear and throat.

It feels good. It feels so good...

A mouth brushes against hers. Teeth nip at her lips. Lips dance lower, warming her skin. He stops at her breast, lavishing the small mound with wet, suckling kisses... She feels weak and her knees give out. The warm chest pressing against her back helps support her as he spreads her legs and moves between them to kiss her--

"Hikaru! It's time to wake up already! Geez, get up and turn that darn thing off!"

Hikaru blinked owlishly up at her ceiling before tilting her head to look at the alarm clock.

"Ack!" she shouted before racing around her bedroom, trying to get dressed and ready for school.