Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ My Love, Return To Me ❯ No Longer Children ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
DISCLAIMER: I'm only temporarily BORROWING the characters for this fic. Therefore, I do not own them.


An
Love, Return to Me:One:Longer Children


"I knew the ocean would be perfect today!" Umi Ryuuzaki cried out happily to her two companions, Fuu Houji, and Hikaru Shidou
Hikaru, Fuu, and Umi celebrated their tenth year as friends, as well as the anniversary of the day in junior high school when they were suddenly summoned to the magical land called Cephiro, by taking a trip to the beach, and renting a cabin that looked out at the sea.
"The breeze seems nice as well." Fuu remarked. "It's so lovely!"
"W ow!" Hikaru said with her child like enthusiasm. "I'm all fired up to take on those waves!"
After ten years, they knew in their hearts what the ocean of Cephiro looked like. The sapphire seas that shimmered beneath an azure sky while lazy puffy clouds rolled by.
The girls had changed so much over the ten years.
Umi's hair was kept in a tight ponytail that sat at the top of her head, and flowed down her slender back. Her face was set with darker blue eyes of early maturity, and changed like the sea she was named. She was a model now, with her new bust, and slender waist, and voluptuous hips that weren't even expected as she grew, Umi was an eye catcher with a cool and confident attitude.
Fuu grew her hair long as well. It hung to her slim hips in waves that blew wildly in the winds that caressed her long shapely legs, and seemed to dance in her emerald eyes. Her body hadn't changed much, but her loss of glasses for contacts surprised everyone. She was currently at a college in America that was still fending off others for Fuu. She was still shy and polite, but had occasional bursts of what Hikaru and Umi teasingly called 'Ferio Fits' when she burst into a defensive fit.
Hikaru was still as sweet and innocent as ever. Her fiery hair was cropped to a cute boy cut that framed her face. Her ruby eyes shimmered when firelight, or sunlight hit them just so. Revealing the world of Cephiro where they had all gone once so long ago. She was still small, and petite. Her body barely brew in, her hips widened a bit, her muscles grew in too. Her keepsake from Cephiro, Lantis's medallion, hung around her neck beside a pendant with an eagle in it, and an oil painting of her dearest friend from Autozam. The girl who had once saved a land with her best friends, was now a woman who taught kendo with her three brothers.
They had dropped off their things at the cabin that had three twin beds, three drawers, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a parlor. The front porch had six rocking chairs, for no reason anyone knew.
The three were on the beach, lying down and tanning in the sun.
Umi had on a deep blue bikini that showed off her assets, and brought out the deep color of her eyes. Fuu countered that with a lime green color that brought out the gold in her hair, and highlighted her eyes. Hikaru wore a one piece that was bright red and dipped low in the back.
Men passed by and ogled the three beauties that laughed on the shore. Some even stopped by and tied to talk to them.
"Hey there," One said to Fuu. He had deep black hair, and clear opal eyes. "You wanna bring your friends to hang out with me and mine?"
Fuu' s eyes widened. She smiled and refused politely. "I'm sorry, we're just here to relax."
"Ah , come on miss!" the guy said, having a seat beside her. "We wasn't plannin' on doin' nothin' but having a bit of fun!"
Umi cocked a brow at his friends. Handsome, yes, but all three girls had already given their hearts to someone. Even if they weren't here, on Earth.
One of his friends came over, carrot hair with green eyes. "Ah, come on!" That one said. "Quit playin' hard to get! We won't do anything you don't want us to."
They were gentlemen, but persistent.
"No. I'm sorry, I must refuse." Fuu replied again. "Now please, leave us be."
Umi was proud of her friend.
The two made a face. Obviously not happy that they were turned down. "You'd be lucky to get with us." The darker one said. "So why not take the chance?"
Umi and Hikaru looked at each other as Fuu's eyes were downcast. They sweat dropped as they felt another fit coming on.
"Playing Ms. Virtuous when you're at the beach like that." HE continued. "You dress like that if you want to attract attention!"
&ldqu o;Well, we're at a beach where water's abundant!" Fuu snapped, she stood up, her hair blowing furiously around her as the winds picked up. "It's only natural for a woman to dress in a bikini you idiot! There are lots of other women wearing bikini's! Why not ask them to 'hang' with you, because at the rate you're going with me and my friends, I'm gonna end up hanging you!" " the two boys leapt back as Fuu flashed her teeth in a fierce smirk. One that was identical on Ferio's face when Fahren had taken Fuu from him.
They ran from her and her wrath as the wind swirled around her. When they were out of her sight, she sighed and sat down, the wind returning to it's gentle blowing.
Hikaru looked nervous. "Scary. . ."
Umi's eyes were wide as her jaw dropped. "V-very!"
F uu jut her lower lip in a pout. "Jerks!"
&l dquo;I swear," Umi said, recovering from her Ferio Fit. "We really need Ferio here. He's the one that did this. I'm sure of it. If only he weren't so infuriating!"
Hik aru managed a nod. "Oh well, we're at the beach! Let's play!"
She leapt up, and ran to the ocean where the waves crashed lazily.
Diving in, she paddled around where the water was most calm. Her laughter rang through the air as Umi leapt up. "Wanna come along Fuu?"
Fuu nodded. "Let me put our stuff back in the cabin. That way, we don't lose anything."
&ldquo ;Great idea!" Umi said smiling.
Fuu got up, brushing her long hair to one side, she gathered their towels.
Umi watched her walk up to the cabin where other men were careful of the one who had changed from sweet to furious.
She's as ever changing as a breeze. Umi thought.
"Umi-cha n!" Hikaru called from the water.
"Coming!&r dquo;
Umi leapt into the blue water, feeling it embracing her.
When she got up for air, Hikaru splashed her.
"Hey!"
The red head laughed.
Umi tilted a brow as a wave came up from behind Hikaru, and rolled the other woman into the tube of the wave. Umi laughed as Hikaru came up sputtering, clumps of sand on her head, making her short red hair spotted with pale yellow.
Hikaru splashed Umi again. They went after each other, splashing and playing before Fuu came, and was tackled by Hikaru.
Both girls were tumbled into a relentless wave as Umi easily swam beneath it. When she came up for breath, Fuu and Hikaru dunked her in the water.
They passed the day like so. Playing and frolicking in the water as waves rolled over them, and the winds laughed with them.
The magic knights, were still magical after all.
* * & nbsp; * & nbsp; &nb sp; * &nb sp; *

When sunset came, Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu were outside of their cabin, roasting marshmallows. The moos was nearly full as it hung there in the sky, the first stars rising out of the lavenders and violet hues of night.
Hikaru wore a red sweater with cut off jeans, her back to the ocean as she stared into the fire, the light shimmering in their ruby depths. Umi ate her marshmallow, looking out to the sea, opposite of Hikaru. The silver of the moon reflecting in the deep sapphire of her eyes. Fuu sat with her legs crossed in front of her, her emerald eyes closed as the wind blew her long silver curls around her.
The fire crackled and warmed them, the ocean crashing rhythmically, as the wind sang a lullaby.
"I miss Cephiro." Umi said first, surprising the other two women.
Hikaru's eyes warmed. "I do too."
Fuu sighed. "I as well."
"I miss all of our friends the most." Umi said.
"I haven't looked at a man since I told Lantis I loved him." Hikaru held her arms around her as she remembered the dark man with clear lavender eyes.
"I miss Ferio." Fuu whispered. "He was so full of life. He was my friend, and. . .I wanted him as my lover."
They were silent after. The three women, who were longing to be those fourteen year old girls.
"It hurts when I remember them." Umi said. "Clef, Presea, Caldina, Ascot. But. . . I don't regret it. I'm glad I met them."
"Me too." Hikaru said. "There were so many people we lost, who died. Zagato, Emeraude, Alycyone, Presea, and Eagle, yet I'm glad I met them."
"Do you remember that day? When we saw Cephiro in the sky? The year after we returned?" Fuu said smiling. "I'm happy they made themselves a world where they're happy."
Silence.< br> Umi got up. "Let's go to bed."
The other two nodded.
Hikaru watched as the fire died down, and eventually turned into nothing but ashes.
They slept that night. With dreams of Cephiro, and the ones they loved.
Unaware, that those very loved ones, longed for them as well.
; * * * &n bsp; * &n bsp; *


A/N: READ ON!!!!