Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Nova ❯ Nova ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

There came a blinding light followed by the deliverance into the darkness.

The battle… is over… but… where… where… are they…? Where…is she…the other me…? Why did she leave me? Who… am…I…?

She could see where the battle between Princess Emeraude, and the magic knights had been. It had quieted. She was all alone.

"Child," came a whisper. She didn't hear it.

A translucent blanket of darkness had been covering her vision and she felt that even though she seemed to be floating in the Cephirian sky, she was no where near Cephiro. But that didn't make sense...

What is this I'm feeling…? Her arms came up to hug herself. Then it occurred to her. She knew this feeling. She knew it far too well. Cold… It's cold… Inside… it's cold…

"Dear girl…"

She shivered as her welling tears finally began to descend down her face. This pain… It hurts so much… it's hard… to breathe…

For what seemed like an eternity, the young girl floated aimlessly in the darkness. Her tears flew freely now…

"Why do you cry child?" A voice gently asked.

"I'm hurting…She's hurting… even now… she left me but I can still feel her pain."

"The pain that you speak of must be horrible to bear."

"I can't stand it." She whispered.

"What do you want?"

A sniffle, "I want it to go away."

A pale hand came and stroked her magenta coloured hair. "And how would you go about doing that my dear. She's left you here. All alone. She doesn't want to be with you anymore."

The girl looked up; horror staining her face. "Why? Why wouldn't she?"

"Because she'd rather be with the other magic knights."

"What…?"

"The pain that she feels, she tried to get rid of. You are the pain and guilt she's disposing of. How horrible for you."

Her eyes widened, "I'm… What?"

"There's so much you don't understand there's so much you've endoured."

"And still, she's crying. I want her to stop crying her heart hurts so much."

"You want her to be happy again?"

"…Yes…"

"That's what you really want?"

"Yes-and to be with her forever. I want to go back."

"There's only one way you can do that, my child."

"Who are you?"

"I am your mother. That's all you need to know. As long as you accept me, I'll love you like you were my very own daughter. From now on I'll be your dear sweet mother, Debonair."

<Authors Notes: Anyone ever wonder how Nova came into being? Or how she came to be with Lady Debonair? Well, this was my attempt at a possible explanation. Hope you enjoyed.>