Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 2

He saw himself as a young boy of ten, standing in a large room. He was mesmerized at the sword laid in an open rectangular golden container on the table. The sword was huge, with a large jewel placed in between the sharp blade and the black hilt. He turned around when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Beautiful isn't it Lantis?" He saw his father smiling affectionately at him. He nodded and looked back at the sword in front of him. "Go ahead…You can touch it…Just be careful though…" Slowly his hand reached out for the handle. He gave it a good grip and lifted it up. He found it surprisingly light. "Careful…Yes, that's it."

He noticed his father's voice had changed. When he turned to look at his father again, he saw a man with lavender hair instead, wearing unusual robes and holding a large staff. By then, he realized that he wasn't a young boy of ten anymore, but a seventeen-year-old youth, as he was supposed to be.

"Oh it's you again."

"I see you had followed my instructions and went to Japan."

"I figured you wouldn't leave my dreams alone if I did not…"

"I will continue to disturb your dreams until you do your duty, Lantis."

"I told you don't call me Lantis! Nobody calls me that except my parents and they're dead! My name is Kyle!"

"Your name is Lantis…not Kyle!"

"Shut up you! Leave me alone!" Lantis closed his eyes and started swinging his sword dangerously.

---(@)---

"Master Lantis! Master Lantis!" he sat up on his bed all of a sudden, now fully awake. He found Jean sitting beside him with a worried look on his face. "Are you all right Master Lantis?"

"I told you don't call me that!" he snapped at the butler.

"I…Forgive me Master…I didn't realize…I must had been too worried…I thought you weren't going to wake up."

Kyle's hard expression softened. "I am sorry too, Jean. I just had a nightmare again. It was very upsetting…And well, you do know how upset I get when someone calls me with that name…I remember too much hurtful memories…"

"Yes I do understand…By the way, the sword has arrived. I personally brought it to the study. I know you wouldn't want anybody else handle such a valuable item."

"Thank you Jean."

"Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes. You should hurry up so that you will not be late for school…"

"Yes…I should…" The old man turned to leave the room. "Oh and Jean?"

"Yes, Master Kyle?"

"I am really sorry…"

"Do not worry, I do understand…"

"Thank you."

* * *

Contrary to what he had expected, he found himself enjoying his Japanese school life. Well, not just the school life, but actually the whole way of living in the foreign country. And that, is just one of the things he found surprising.

"Lantis-kun!" He planned to shoot a glare at the short redhead in front of him, who seemed to have just popped out of nowhere. He found himself greeting her back with a nod instead---talk about surprises.

"I'd rather you call me Kyle."

"Why?"

"Because…"

"Well?"

"I don't really use that name…"

"Mou, I've gotten used to calling you Lantis already…It suits you better too…" she said as-a-matter-of-factly. She gave him an innocent, childlike smile that made him decide not to argue.

"Suit yourself," he said with a sigh. He noticed how the girl's smile became wider. 'She sure does looked very pleased with herself…'

"Thanks a lot Lantis-kun…"

"But…"

"Hmm?"

"I'd still prefer to be called 'Kyle'…"

"Don't worry, I'll tell the others that…Wait…they don't know your second name…Anyway, why am I here again? Oh yes, I came to warn you…"

"Warn me?"

"Yes…warn you…'Cause you're my friend…"

"Friend?"

"We're friends now right?" She looked at him with round puppy eyes…

"Err…of course, err, Hikaru-chan…"

"Great! As I was saying I came to warn you…Some group of girls had already formed a 'Kyle McKnight Fan Club.'"

"A WHAT?"

"A fan club…for you…So…If I were you I'd better get ready for girls chasing you around the school."

"Are you…?"

"A member? No way! Haha! No offense! I mean, I do think that was kind of silly…Don't you think so too?"

"Why?"

"Did they form one?" He nodded. "Well, see, they find you very attractive…Don't worry you'll get used to it…Believe me I know…See ya around!"

* * *

One thing he learned that day is: never ignore Hikaru-chan's warning. He had his taste of these obsessed fan's antics earlier that day during lunch break when he decided to eat in the school canteen. At first, they looked harmless…until they started messing up his hair…pinching his cheeks…and fighting with each other, of who's going to get his autograph first. He suddenly found himself in a middle of a huge catfight…He just felt someone pull him out of the way and outside the canteen. It was good that the girls were too busy fighting with each other to notice that he was already gone.

"Wow…I didn't realize they'd get that wild!" Hikaru said, still holding his hand. Both of them blushed when they realized this. She quickly let go of him. "Uh-oh…Are you a fast runner?" He looked at her quizzically and then nodded. "Okay…run!" He didn't know why, but he did as she told him, following her lead. "Sorry to bring you into this but I cannot leave you alone…"

"Why are we running?"

"Look behind you…" It was then that he saw a group of boys running after them with flowers and gifts on their hands… "See what I mean now?"

"You have a fan club too?"

"Unfortunately, yes…Anyway, next time, make sure you don't eat lunch alone, no matter how much you want to. Unless of course you have time climbing up some tree where they can't see you…" They did a quick turn on the hall at their left, hoping that they lost the boys behind them. Lucky for them, they did.

"Thank you."

"No problem, that's what friends are for anyway."

* * *

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, about the name-thing…I got some weird idea from the episode where Lantis wakes up inside Nova's machin when Hikaru calls out his name and all…that's all I can say for now…Dunno if you can find any relation to that…Hehehehe… And as you can see, our hero here, didn't like to be called Lantis coz it gives him sad memories of his dead parents…so there…

I hope I didn't make this chappie too weird for you…and made the two leading characters too OOC…blah…I reaaaaallly do hope not. Oh well…if Lantis is, well, my excuse is that he's acting a little bit quite his age…and he's 17 in this fic ppl…and of course there's his "Earthly" identity! Ok…that was a lousy excuse…Well then at least it does sound better than "…because I just felt like it…" or "I ate too much ice cream again…" Hehehehe…Oh and well…at least Guru Clef did a good job "arranging" Lantis' identity on Earth huh? Too bad his memories got messed up too.

Hmm…wot else? I guess that's all…I hope I will not get flames for this…And Oh! Dun forget to review tew! Fanks a lot!