Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Sefiro High - Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own MKR, CLAMP does. Am just one crazy fan. And all of these stuff I had written or will write is a product of my imagination and my imagination only....Yada...yada...Don't sue me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is an alternate universe fanfic of Magic Knight Rayearth, where the MKR casts studies/works in the same school and lives in Tokyo. I had this posted on ff.net already and I kinda edited some typos and all.

Hikaru Shidou woke up early as usual. It had been a custom for her to wake up before the sun rises and have her early-morning training since she lives in a kendo dojo.

"Ohayo!" Satoru, one of her brothers, greeted her. He had just finished his morning exercises himself and is getting ready to help their mother for today's breakfast. "And how is my cute little sister today?" He started laughing after seeing his sister's cheeks turned red. "Aww, you're blushing! Okay, I won't tease you anymore. Don't get yourself tired too much. Remember, it's the first day of school."

Hikaru gave him a quick nod and then hurried to the main dojo. It wasn't even a minute had passed since she set her foot on the mat that her two brothers came rushing at her to give her tight hugs. "Ohayo, Hikaru- chan. Have you slept well?" Masaru asked.

"O-ha-yo," she greeted back, in a voice that is more of a squeak, considering how tightly both of her brothers had been embracing her.

"Look, brother, have you noticed she had gotten a little bit taller today?" Kakeru said.

"Waaaahhhh!!! Not about my height!!!" Hikaru complained. Standing a little bit more than four feet and a half at the age of 16, who would not?

"I am not teasing, sis! You have gotten a little bit taller!"

"Enough of that! Wanna spar with me sis?" Masaru challenged her, grinning. "I promise I won't go easy on you this time."

"You also told her that the last time..." Kakeru grumbled. His mind suddenly caught the scene of when Hikaru accidentally hit Masaru's face with a bamboo sword during one sparring session. It was not because she was clumsy, but because Masaru was.

He watched in awe as his sister beat a man as twice as big as her in a fight. Even Satoru, who is the best among them, lost to her once already. With one look at her, it might not be obvious; after all, she doesn't look like a martial artist. Well, there was even many times in her junior high school days that people actually thought of her as a six-grader. "Oi, you two. Break it up. We're going to have breakfast soon and we all have to get ready for school before that. It's the first day of school, after all. And it's our baby-girl's first day in high school."

"One more round..." Masaru said.

"No use. You're loosing anyway," Kakeru said, winking at Hikaru.

* * *

"Ne, onii-chan..." Hikaru said.

"Yes, Hikaru-chan?" Kakeru said. He had decided to walk with her sister to school that day since he figured she would be a little bit nervous. It had been natural for them to be protective of their sister. This is maybe because she is the only girl amongst the siblings, and the youngest among them at that.

"You think I can join the kendo club?"

"Sure you can. Why not? I bet you are much better than those creeps in there now," Kakeru told her, grinning. His brothers before him had joined the club and he also was invited to join many times before. He had turned them down saying that he needed time away from kendo. "I heard they have a lot of good members lately..."

They entered the assembly hall a little bit early. But opposite to what was expected, the hall was already almost full of students. "Sugoi!!!!" Hikaru exclaimed. "This hall is very big onii-chan."

"Yes, I guess it is...Look, the opening assembly is about to start, why don't you go to your place and make some new friends? They did tell you where you should go right?"

"Yes, onii-chan! Ja ne!" Hikaru said, waving at her brother.

* * *

Fuu Huouji couldn't help noticing the very preppy girl walking towards her direction. 'At first glance, she can be taken for an 8th grader. She looks really nice though.' The smile the girl gave her caught her by surprise, but it made her feel less nervous.

The girl came directly towards her smiling and said, "Hello, I'm Hikaru Shidou. I think we are going to be at the same class."

"I am very please to meet you Miss Shidou. I am Fuu Huouji."

"No, don't call me that..." Hikaru said giggling. "You can call me by my name, and it's Hikaru."

"All right, Hikaru-san. You can also call me Fuu."

"Oh!!!!! You're Fuu Huouji!!! You're the one who topped the entrance exams!!! You're really smart!"

Fuu felt herself blush. Despite of her academic accomplishments, she is still shy to be in a presence of a situation where people actually praise or acknowledge her for it. "Yes, I am...But please do not be too loud about it."

"Eh? Why not? Hmm...well...okay, if you say so, Fuu-chan," Hikaru said, smiling. "I am really proud to have a friend like you."

Fuu smiled back. The girl had considered her as a friend already... 'How very trusting of her.' Not that she minded though. Actually, she feels at ease with Hikaru. She had not expected to make friends that soon, but she is glad that she had.

"Wow! Look at her, she's really pretty!" she heard Hikaru exclaim.

"Ne, don't you agree?" Fuu's eyes followed Hikaru's gaze and saw a girl with very straight, long blue hair walking. All other students seemed to share their attention towards the girl too. The blue-haired girl seemed to notice people staring at her that she took a seat in a less crowded side of their territory. "Maybe she doesn't like the attention too much..."

"I think that it would be too dull for her if she stays there without anybody to talk to...I have an idea!" Hikaru said as she took Fuu's hand.

* * *

Umi Ryuuzaki was not pleased with the attention she had been getting, knowing it was only skin-deep. She's sick of being too beautiful that people don't notice her inner self anymore. She sighed...

"Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay, now scaring her out of her wits is not her idea for a greeting. And this girl, who was standing very close in front of her with a big smile on her face did look pretty spooky. "No way I will join some cheerleading squad! Nor will I take your boyfriend away from you... Or even sign an autograph for your brother. Now that I answered you're pending questions you can now leave me in peace. And, yes, this is my natural hair color!!!" Umi told her.

"Huh?" Hikaru said. "You're funny!!!" Hikaru said giggling. "I am Hikaru Shidou and this is my new friend Fuu Huouji."

Another girl beside the one wearing the pigtails bowed and then said, "I am sorry if Hikaru-san scared you. Or if we had disturbed your chosen solitude..."

"...But you see, I figured it would be very boring for you if you have nobody to talk to so I asked Fuu-chan to come here with me," Hikaru explained.

"You wanted to cheer me up?" Umi asked, very surprised.

"Yes...something like that," Hikaru answered.

"I am very sorry if I shouted at you. It is just that I don't like the attention I am getting much. People are either too shy to approach me or just interested of asking questions. Some girls pick up fights with me because they're boyfriends are staring at me."

"Hmm, not nice to treat you that way. You are just as normal as we are anyway. It's not your fault to be pretty. And I really think you are pretty. Actually I did notice that at first, but then after that I just thought you look like a really nice person so I came."

"By the way I am Umi Ryuuzaki. You can call me Umi."

"Nice to meet you Umi-chan. Let's be friends from now on ok?" Umi heard Hikaru say. 'Maybe my high school years won't be as bad as I thought it would be,' Umi told herself.

* * *

Lantis had been resting quite peacefully on the top of a tree until he felt someone was throwing stones at him. He looked down with a frown, and a death-glare. He eased up when he saw that it was Eagle, his best friend since childhood. "Stop that," he said in a deep, warning tone.

"I will when u stop idling about and get down from there. We'll be late for our class. You already missed the opening assembly. Good thing Lafarga- sensei bought it when I told him that you just went to the men's room when he noticed you weren't there."

"Thanks, I'll be there in a minute. Just keep your eyes out for Primera. I don't think I can put up with her following me and such now."

"Yooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!! Lantis-sempai!!!!!!!" both of them heard it coming from a girl's voice not so far away.

"I think you'd better stay there for a while, she's coming this way..." Eagle warned him.

After a while, a girl with long, wavy blue hair came towards Eagle. "Where is Lantis-sempai?"

"I think he went that way!" Eagle lied, pointing towards the gym. The girl then headed to that direction.

"Speak of the devil...and there she is!!!" Lantis mumbled as he climbed down the tree.

"Let's go. Or we'll be really late."