Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It hadn't been too long since Hikaru left Lantis and Eagle to meet her friends. Eagle had been noticing a spark of amusement on Lantis' eyes for the whole time since then, which was very unlikely, especially when there's a bothersome wavy, blue-haired brat tugging at his arm.

"You seem very happy today Lantis-sempai..." the girl said in a voice almost sounding like a purr.

"So ne..."Eagle said. "Maybe its because he had met someone amusing. A preppy girl in a pigtail, perhaps?" A big sweat drop appeared on his forehead when Lantis shot him a death-glare.

"No way!!! He's happy because he's with me!!! Ne, sempai??? Ne???"

Lantis didn't answer and seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. 'A preppy girl with a pigtail huh?' he said to himself and then faintly smiled.

Eagle raised an eyebrow and laughed out loud. His friend actually smiled! Seeing Lantis smile would be almost impossible. "So that's it!!!" he said. The faint curve on his friend's lips faded and Eagle received another death- glare.

"No way that girl can make 'my' Lantis-sama interested... or even amused. She's so...so...short! And why would he be interested in someone else if he already had me? Ne Lantis-sempai? And I'm gonna marry Lantis-sempai someday too," Primera Faerie stated, quite sure of herself.

"Shuttup!" Lantis hissed.

"Waaaaaahhhhhhhh Lantis-sama!!! You are so mean to your fiancee!!!" Primera shouted and cried.

"Now, now, Miss Primera, don't cry. Look you are going to be late if you stay here. Oh see you're hair is ruined, you wouldn't want you, the fiancee of Mr. Lantis Sol, looking all gloomy won't you?"

"Well, I guess not..."

"Besides I hear that the cheering squad is in need for new members and that they are hanging out somewhere near your building? You wouldn't want them to see you like that too, right? I heard you wanted to join the squad."

"Well..."

"I'm bored, I'm going back to class..." Lantis said and then started walking away.

"Hey! Wait up!" Eagle shouted. "See you again, Miss Primera!"

As soon as Eagle caught up with his friend, he received a blow on the back of his head. "BAKERO! What's this about that 'Mr. Lantis Sol's fiancee' talk?"

"Well we wouldn't want her shouting and crying like a banshee, would we? Besides, you have a reputation to keep. What would your brother say if he heard rumors about some little girl shouting and crying when she was with you?"

"Whatever!" He put his hands in his pocket and felt something round. He took it out and looked at it. A candy.

There's that subtle curve on his lips again. Eagle couldn't help noticing. That was the second one he had seen---and it wasn't even ten minutes had passed after the first. "Hey if you don't want it, you can give it to me."

"You have yours."

Eagle took the candy in his pocket, opened the wrapper and popped the candy in his mouth. "Not for long, I won't. Hmm, so sweet!!! --- Since when did you ever want to eat sweet stuff?"

"I may not have a sweet tooth like you but this is mine," Lantis answered him. "She gave this one to me..."

* * *

"Thanks a lot, sempai!" Hikaru said giving the proper bow.

"It's nothing," Lantis said.

"Anything to help a beautiful girl like you," Eagle said, winking.

"We have to go," Lantis told her, turning around to leave.

"Wait!" Hikaru said rummaging something from her pocket. She was looking very serious until she had found what she was looking for. Her face brightened. "Hold your palm up." Both boys looked at each other quizzically and did as they were told. "Here!" she said cheerfully, placing one candy on each open hand. "I don't know how to thank you enough so please accept these little things."

Eagle looked very pleased. He loves sweets. "Thank you Hikaru-chan, how awfully sweet of you. Wait, you don't mind me calling you that do you?"

Hikaru shook her head and smiled.

Lantis on the other hand seemed to be frozen at his place. He actually was touched by her innocent act of kindness. His palm is still held up and he just couldn't help staring at her bright smiling face. She seemed to have noticed it that her face turned into a shade of red for a moment. 'She blushed. How cute.' That thought surprised him even more.

"I think sempai doesn't like sweets," Hikaru mumbled.

"I..." Lantis stammered. "Thank you Miss Hikaru."

"LANTIS-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" It wasn't long until Primera had taken Lantis' hand in a way, which would be taken as a death- grip. "I missed you..." she said, in a half-purr.

"Shuttup," Lantis said gritting his teeth.

"He-he...ahem..." Eagle sai, trying to contain his laughter.

"Uhm...I think I have to go," Hikaru mumbled under her breath.

"YOU!" Primera shouted. "Are you planning to take my Lantis-sempai away from me?"

"Miss Primera, it's not what you think..." Eagle said, scratching his head.

"He's mine, you hear? MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!"

"I am not trying to..."

Before Hikaru could finish her sentence Primera stopped her short and said, "Don't deny it! You're trying to charm him! You can't take him away from me!!!"

"But..."

"No 'but's!"

"Stop it Primera," Lantis said in a low, warning tone.

"Yes, Lantis-sama! Anything you want…"

"I have to go now sempai! My friends are waiting for me. Thank you again!!!" Hikaru said and ran away, waving her hand.

"We're both looking forward to seeing you again Hikaru-chan!!!" Eagle said.

"Oh just let her leave..." And then Primera shouted, "And don't ever come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!"

"Primera..." Lantis warned.

* * *

Ferio and the gang spotted Fuu and Umi sitting in the middle of a grassy spot near the tennis court. It had been a good spot for other students who want to eat lunch outside the noisy cafeteria. Ascot had led them to the place since Clef had been complaining of the noise of school canteens. There are several students around also who had found the location a nice place to enjoy their lunch as if they are on a picnic. "Hey, classmates!" Ferio greeted both girls.

"Why hello, Mr. Ferio," Fuu greeted him back with a sweet smile.

"He-Hello Miss Ryuuzaki," Ascot stammered running his hand through his hair. "Eh??? Where's Hikaru-chan?" Zazu asked.

"She went to bring her brother his lunch box," Umi replied.

"Is it ok if we join you ladies?" Ferio asked.

"Yes, Mr. Ferio," Fuu said.

"Excuse me, Clef-san, but you are stepping on the mat," Umi said, pointing at the part of the mat the Clef had been stepping on.

'Sassy girl...the mat is meant to get dirty after all...' Clef said to himself. He took his lunchbox out and started eating...fast. Actually, he was eating too fast that the others were practically staring at him.

"Maybe you would want to have something to drink?" Umi told Clef.

"Maybe you should mind your own business," Clef snapped at her munching away.

"You are spoiling my appetite!" Umi said. "And besides, I was merely suggesting."

"I don't need your suggestions and it's not your fault if you're too sassy that how I eat makes u loose your appetite!"

"Grumpy old man..." Umi muttered under her breath.

"I HEARD THAT! AND I AM NOT AN OLD MAN, PRISSY GIRL!"

"OLD MAN!"

"PRISSY GIRL...!"

And they went on and on for the whole lunch hour...