Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"So did you like what I did to your car, sempai?" Zazu asked the silver-haired senior beside him.

"I like it a lot, " the senior said giving him a smile. "FTO had been running faster and smoother since then." Patting the hood of the racecar beside him.

"Of course! I'm a genius!" Zazu said proudly. "…And I am very honored to work for the youngest racer in the whole Japan…the best too!"

Eagle Vision laughed and ruffled Zazu's hair. "From now own, you're going to be my personal mechanic."

Zazu beamed. "Thank you sempai!"

"Oi…by the way. You're Hikaru Shidou's classmate aren't you?"

"Yes sempai."

"How well do you know her?"

"Well enough, sempai. We had been classmates since kindergarten."

"Sou ka."

* * *

Fuu and Ferio had been walking towards Fuu's house when they passed by the flower shop. "Hmm…can you wait for a second?" Ferio told her.

Fuu nodded. He hurriedly ran inside the shop and bought a huge bouquet of red roses. When he returned, he handed the flower to the girl. "This is for the quiz I had passed today."

"Why, thank you Ferio-san," Fuu said blushing.

"Hehe, it's nothing. It's a way of thanking you on my part."

"Demo, you don't really have to give me gifts."

"I know…I just want to." Ferio told her seriously. "Besides…" The color of his cheeks is starting turn to a shade of pink.

"Besides what Ferio-san?"

"Weellll…nothing."

"Oh okay." All of the sudden, light drizzle started to fall from the sky. Knowing both of them hadn't brought umbrellas, Ferio quickly took Fuu's hand and they started to run. 'His hands are so warm.' Fuu thought, and then started to blush. 'What are you thinking?' she scolded herself. They had managed to return to Fuu's house before the heavy rain fell. "That was really close, Ferio-san."

"It shouldn't be raining yet at this time of the year." Ferio said.

"I agree…Anyway, let's start with today's lesson?" She caught Ferio staring at her. "Something wrong, Ferio-san?"

"Nothing." Ferio answered. 'You just look so beautiful, that's all.'

"You don't look good Ferio-san, are you sick?" she said as she starts to her hand on his forehead to feel his temperature.

Before her hand could even reach his forehead, Ferio backed away. "I'm really fine."

Fuu blushed, looking very embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I was just trying to see if you have fever."

"No, I'm fine. Thank you Fuu. You're always trying to help me out. You've become like an angel to me."

"Ferio-san." An angel…he called her his angel? 'No he just compared you to one. Don't make a big deal out of it Fuu!' she scolded herself again. "Well if you're sure you're okay, we can start today's lessons?" she said, trying to change the topic.

* * *

Kendo practice had just been over. The players had just finished changing into their regular school uniforms. Hikaru was just about to leave when Lantis called her. "Hikaru-san."

"Yes sempai?"

"You should be aware that you are the best kendoist among your peers. The Inter-High Kendo competition is coming and I want you to be the one to represent our school in the women's category."

Hikaru nodded. "Yes sempai. Is there anything else sempai?"

"Yes…well…no…not really…Are you on you're way home now?"

"Yes sempai."

"I'll walk you home."

He made it sound like a direct order, even though he didn't mean it to be that way. He had wanted to ask her if he could---not tell her he would. 'Idiot,' he said to himself.

He had been dreaming of this crimson-haired girl since he met her. He doesn't know what it means but it seems as if he always wanted to see her. And every time he looks straight to her eyes he seems to be frozen in place, his heart starts to start beating like crazy, and he feels so warm and cold all over at the same time.

He was surprised when Hikaru nodded her head and then smiled. "Why not? We're friends now after all. You, me and Eagle-sempai."

He nodded. 'Eagle.' He remembered when Eagle told him that he is going to court this girl beside him. He felt a pang of jealousy but decided to ignore it. He also felt the same when Eagle told him about the library- incident. His friend asked him if it was okay. He did not answer of course. Eagle is his best friend and they both knew that a woman wouldn't ruin the friendship they share. They have always been engaged in some friendly competition even when they were young. And even if they haven't talked about it, the situation of them liking the same girl was the same thing. 'May the best man win.' It had always been that way between them. There will never be hard feelings for the winner.

His deep thoughts had been interrupted by a certain growl coming from Hikaru's stomach. He saw the crimson girl blushed with embarrassment. He found himself grin, which even to him seemed to be unusual. "Would you like something to eat Hikaru-san?"

"Anou.." Hikaru mumbled scratching her head.

"I am also hungry myself."

"Demo…I."

"Yes?"

"I gave all my money to the beggar this morning."

'How like her.' "Don't worry Hikaru-san. We're friends right? It's my treat."

"Demo."

"Actually I want to ask you a favor."

"Huh?"

"You do know that I have Primera and some girls chasing over me all over school, even out."

Hikaru nodded.

"I have not always been comfortable having a female friend but I am very comfortable with you."

Hikaru nodded again.

"Can you pose as my girlfriend?"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?"

"Never mind that was stupid."

'He seemed to be very desperate to ask that.' Hikaru thought. She found herself saying, "For how long?"

"What?"

"For how long will this last?"

Lantis shrugged. 'How did this conversation even took place anyway???'

"Alright."

"Huh?"

"We're friends anyway." Hikaru said smiling. Their conversation was cut short with the certain grumbling in her stomach.

"You are going to eat with me."

* * *