Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Due to the camping trip scheduled the day after, classes had been dismissed in an earlier time. The students who have not bought the stuff they need had decided to do last minute shopping. Hikaru, Umi and Fuu had decided that they would go shopping together earlier that day. "So let's go guys?" Umi asked.

"Yes Umi-san," Fuu answered.

"Uh…wait. I have to call Lantis-kun up," she said as she took her phone from her bag and started dialing. "Excuse me for a minute…"

"Sure…"

"Moshi-moshi. Lantis-kun…hi…it's me. Yes…No…Actually that's why I called you up…Well, I'm gonna do some last-minute shopping with Umi and Fuu…No don't bother…Oh okay…Where? Okay…Do you want me to buy something for you? I'm going there anyway…Okay…Okay…I'll just call you then when I'm finished…? Are you sure it's okay? I mean you can go straight home if you want…Okay, see you. Take care also."

"So can we go now?" Umi asked. Hikaru nodded and the three of them started walking. "You're boyfriend really is something Hikaru-chan!"

"Ah-hehehe…" Hikaru laughed scratching her head and blushing.

"He must be really sweet…" Fuu said.

"He doesn't look like it though. He doesn't smile often also. I mean, no offense, he looks like a snob at first glance."

"…But he's really nice though…" Hikaru said in a soft voice. "Guys, I have something to tell you…don't be angry at me okay?"

"What is it, Hikaru-san?"

"We won't?"

Before she continued, she first looked around her to make sure that nobody would overhear what she was going to say. "See…You being my bestfriends should know…I had been waiting for the right time to tell you this…"

"So what is it?"

"Lantis isn't really my boyfriend…"

"Wha----???"Umi exclaimed.

"I see…"Fuu said.

"I was just kind of helping him out in a way…He's really having a had time being chased by girls and all…So he asked me if I could…you know…pose as his girlfriend…"

"But why you?"

"Well, he said that I'm the only girl he feels comfortable with…"

"And you believed that?"

"Well, what other reason does he have?"

"…That he wants to be with you?" Umi said. "And that he likes you for real…"

"No…"

"Why not Hikaru-san?"

"Because he's really handsome and popular and…I don't think I can ever be his type…"

"Well, what is his type?"

"I don't know…"

"So then how can you be sure you're not his kind of girl?"

"If you think you're not good enough for him, then you're wrong. You're a very attractive, sweet, honest, smart, and most of all you have a good heart," Fuu told her.

Hikaru didn't answer.

"Fake or not, you two are the sweetest couple I've ever seen in my whole life," Umi said. "Gosh, if you can only see yourselves from a different point of view you'd really understand what I mean."

"You're not having problems about you're, uhm, agreement with him aren't you?" Fuu asked.

"Well, besides the fact that my brothers will beat him up if they get to know about the 'us-being-a-couple' thing, and Lantis' admirers getting mean at me…"

"No what I mean is that, do you like someone else?"

"Oh! That…no…"

"Or are you getting to like him more than you know you should…?"

"NO!…I mean…I can't…"

Fuu and Umi looked at each other. It was as if both of them had read each other's thoughts of not pressing the subject to Hikaru anymore.

***

"Hello Lantis-kun. Hello Eagle-sempai," Hikaru greeted both boys.

"Hey, it's not fair! How come you get to call him Lantis-kun and me Eagle-sempai?"

"Coz you're not supposed to call your boyfriend 'sempai', baka."

"What? Can't I be your boyfriend too?"

Lantis shot his friend a quick death-glare and then said, "Shuddup."

"What now? When are you two going to break up so I can court Hikaru-chan?"

"Eagle…."

"Okay, okay, I'll stop," Eagle said, laughing. "Look at Hikaru-chan's face! Ha-ha-ha! I think I overdid it and made her blush too much…"

"Are you okay, Hikaru-chan?"

"Yes, Lantis-kun…"

"So, you two, you didn't get the chance to give me the details of your first date. How did it go?"

"It was nice, right Hikaru-chan?"

"Uh-huh! I had fun…"

"Can I go with you next time?"

"There you are again sempai…always teasing…"

Eagle laughed and then said, "Show me those little sticker pictures. I told you to take some didn't I? Let me see…"

"You saw the ones in my organizer already…"Lantis told his friend.

"I want to see all of them. Come on! There are supposed to have 6 copies of that at most I think…Hand over your copies Hikaru…"

"You're such a bother Eagle…" Lantis complained.

"Oh it's okay…Here…"Hikaru showed Eagle her organizer with sticker pictures of her and Lantis on it."

"Perfect! Like a true couple!…Oh by the way, you have to prepare a huge lunch for tomorrow…"

"Eh?"

"Well… our group is going to be your group's official babysitters. Lantis here harra---Aww!" before he could even finish, Lantis was able to shut Eagle up by jabbing him with his elbow.

"Our group was assigned to supervise your group and another one for tomorrow," Lantis said.

"Really??? Yey!!! Okay I'm going to make o-bento for the both of you."

"Don't forget the candies…Ouch!" Lantis hit Eagle again.

"I'll bring the drinks."

"Don't tell me you're going to bring that cooler!"

"Yes I am going to bring that cooler…and you are going to help me carry it!"

"Oh man!"

* * *

"Over here Hikaru-chan!" Eagle shouted. Hikaru waved at Eagle and Lantis who were sitting at the back part of the bus. "All of Hikaru's groupmates sit over here. The rest can seat at the front part of the bus. Our other group mates will keep you company," Eagle said and winked at Hikaru.

"LANTIS-SAMA!!!!!!!!!" Primera wailed, waving at Lantis. "Can I sit with you??"

"Faerie-san. You heard what Vision-san said," Emeraude scolded Primera. "You are supposed to sit with your group mates."

Primera rolled her eyes and followed what their teacher said.

"I will be riding at the other bus, so behave yourselves. Your seniors will report any misbehavior of any kind to me. Do you understand that, Faerie-san?"

"Yes, Miss Vendeli …"

"The tour-guide will be here soon. I'll see you at the site."

"Yes, miss," the whole class, said simultaneously.

After Emeraude left, Primera passed a note to Hikaru, which said, "Lantis is mine! Don't do anything funny with him or you're dead!"