Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sitting on the bed of his room, Clef let out a loud yell when Ascot dabbed a cotton soaked with alcohol on a wound on his chin. "Iiiiiitaaaaai da yo!!!" Clef said.

"Shuddup! You told me you deserved it ne? So quit whining!"

"Ch…you could have just punched me in the stomach or something…"

"Baka! As if I had time to think of where I should punch you…"

"Hmph!"

"Demo…"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry…but when I saw her face, I just had this sudden urge to beat you up that's all. One reason is because you had hurt her, and the other is, because only you can bring her smile back." There was silence between them for a couple of minutes. "I'll be right back…" Ascot said, leaving the room. He came back with an icepack on his hands and handed it to Clef.

"Oi…How did you know that I told her that I don't want to see her hurting?"

"I…I saw the two of you…during the camping trip. I was just watching her see, I wanted go and join her but you know I'm too shy. When she threw the cellphone to the lake, I was gonna cheer her up, only…Only you came to her first. I kinda got curious so I went nearer to hear what you were saying…"

"Bakero! How far were you to had been able to hear everything?"

"Just at the other side of the bushes behind you…You two were too busy to notice though…"

"Naniiii????"

***

"I'm just sooooo tired…" Caldina said, stretching her arms as she walked towards Lafarga.

"Does that mean you have to postpone our dinner-date?" Lafarga said smiling.

"Who said I will?" Caldina answered as she sat on his lap. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, dah-ling…"

"I thought so…"

Caldina grinned. They had started dating since the embarrassing incident during the camping trip. She suddenly started blushing as she remembered…

"Hey, you're blushing…Why?"

"I can still remember that camping incident."

Lafarga laughed. "Oh I see now…"

"Hey! Stop that…" Caldina told her with a frown.

"That would teach you to stop making silly schemes…Look where it got you…Hahaha…I could have had believed you were drowning for real if only I didn't know that the water was just really up to your waist. I just wish I didn't have to point that out to you and played along instead…Could had given you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation."

"Waaah! You don't have to remind me!"

"I must admit, you're a cunning woman…All those plans…My!"

"That's because you're too slow…"

"The spider-thing was really believable…" Lafarga said. "And pretending to fall down the stairs is very, very dangerous…Don't you dare do that again!"

"Weeelll, I don't have to…at least not anymore…But admit it, you did like the kiss…"

***

"Ne, Umi-chan, daijoubu ka? Hikaru asked her friend.

"Of course I'm alright! Why would I not be?" Umi answered, smiling. "You worry too much Hikaru-chan…"

"It's just that…"

"Maa--, I won't let myself be bothered by what that old man had said," Umi said, hoping that her friend believed her. "I think I'm gonna bake some cookies when I get home…" Hikaru and Fuu looked at each other. They knew that something wasn't right when Umi started talking about baking something. "I'm alright, really."

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself than trying to convince us," Fuu pointed out.

"So ne? You two are starting to know me too well…Oh well, I guess now I got my wish ne? I found out what he really thinks about me…"

"You can't actually believe that!" Hikaru exclaimed.

Umi shrugged and said, "I don't know what to believe when it comes to him anymore. Demo…demo, I'm tired of crying…in a way he's right, I do whine a lot," Again, she forced herself to smile. "I just don't know…I just don't know if I can stop myself from crying when I see him tomorrow…I'll try though…"

"Umi-chan…"

"I should try acting like nothing's wrong, maybe I can convince myself…Man, that would be quite hard…Sometimes, sometimes I wish I can be more like him. He's so good hiding what he's feeling…But I'll try really hard. This time, I'll be strong…He'll see that I can be…Demo, I do hope, he'd notice…"

***

"Don't worry Hikaru-san, she'll be alright…" Fuu said, smiling. "Come on, she'll be fine. Specially after baking those cookies."

"What does that have to do about anything?"

"Well, it's her own way to ease out her feelings. She'll feel better after baking those cookies," Fuu assured her.

"Ne, Fuu-chan…"

"Yes, Hikaru-chan?"

"It must have hurt really bad ne?"

"What would you have done if you were Umi-san?"

"Oh I don't know…Would have cried my heart out, I guess…I would have asked him why the heck did he waste his time on me then if he really feels that way…I would have asked him many things…"

"So ne?"

Their conversation was cut short by the ringing of Hikaru's phone. "Moshi-moshi. Hai! You finished with you're library work now? …Meet me where? Ahhh! Okay…No problem…Hai! Ja ne!"

"Lantis-sempai?"

"Yeah, he wanted to meet me at the ice cream parlor. Wanna come?"

"Hmm…Okay."

* * *

"And so Geo kinda told…Oi!!! Are you listening to me?"

"No need to shout Eagle…" Lantis said. 'Stupid assignment! I should had picked Hikaru up after class if it isn't for this stupid research work.'

"I don't think you are…Anyway, stop sulking, our little princess is here, and she has company…"

Lantis saw Hikaru enter the ice cream parlor along with genius friend. At first, he was rather uncomfortable with the extra company, but when he realized it might be a good reason for keeping up the pretend-relationship he kind of cheered up. 'That is…if she haven't told that Huouji person yet…' Well if she did, he'd just have to reason out that there are lots of Sefiro students around.

"Hi Lantis-kun, hi Eagle-sempai…"

"…There's the -sempai again…" Eagle complained.

"Hello Sol-sempai, Vision-sempai," Fuu greeted the two boys and then gave a bow.

"You have forgotten the fact that the two of us would very much prefer being called by our first names, Huouji-san…"

"Well then, if sempai feels comfortable with that, why not? Of course you wouldn't mind it if I ask you to call me by my first name also?"

"Ah…So be it. You wouldn't mind sitting with me ne, Fuu-san? Lantis here had been itching to be with his beloved all the while now," Eagle said with a wink. "We wouldn't want to disappoint him, would we?"

"Of course not…Hikaru-chan had been feeling the same…" Fuu said. Hikaru could swore she saw a glimmer of mischief in Fuu's eyes for a while there.

"Fuu-chan!"

"No need to be embarrassed Hikaru-san, he is you're boyfriend after all?"

"Lantis is mine…!"

"Oh hi Primera-san! I didn't know you were here also?" Fuu said, smiling at the girl who just popped out from nowhere.

'So that's what it was…They might have seen Primera approaching…' Hikaru thought.

"Suddenly I don't feel like eating here…" Lantis spoke out loud. "…The place got too uncomfortably crowded for me."

"Waaahhh you're too mean, Lantis-sama!"

"Lantis-kun!" Hikaru scolded the young man beside her.

"You do like cheesecakes don't you, love?" Lantis said, ignoring Primera. "I know a place that serves great cakes of all sorts. You're gonna love it…"

"I do hope you won't mind the change of venue, Fuu-san? It is just my friend here have sudden mood shifts sometimes," Eagle said.

"Of course not."

"Waaahh!!! Don't ignore me! Lantis-sama!!!!!!"

The four got up from their table and then started to leave the restaurant. "Ja ne, Primera-chan!" Eagle cheerfully said, waving goodbye. Primera would have followed them, that is, until Lantis gave her a "don't-you-dare-follow-us" glare.

***

"Where's you're blue-haired friend?"

"She went home, saying something about baking cookies…"

"And how about your boyfriend, Fuu-san?"

"Dare?"

"You're boyfriend…Oh, you mean, the green-haired boy isn't a boyfriend then?"

Fuu blushed. "A-anou…he's not…"

"Oh sorry, it's just that I often do see the two of you walking home together so I assumed…Sumanai…"

"No, it's okay Eagle-sempai…Anou, I'm really sorry if I am being a trouble going with you."

"A friend of Hikaru-chan is a friend of ours," she heard Lantis say. Fuu couldn't help but blink. That was the first time he had actually spoken to her.

'If Umi was here, she'd freak,' Fuu thought. "Thank you sempai."

"No problem."

'That was the second time.'

"My, my, aren't you being sociable today?" Eagle said.

"Your voice is oozing with sarcasm Eagle," Lantis told him. "How about that cheesecake, love?"

Fuu, being always polite and proper, had been trying to keep herself from giggling. 'Lantis have no idea that I already know about that charade they're playing…they do play it quite well though, too well actually.'

"You aren't planning to go now, are you Fuu-san?" Eagle said. "You should join us really, you know. Both of us wouldn't mind, right Lantis?"

Lantis nodded.

"Please Fuu-chan?" Hikaru begged.

"Oh alright," Fuu agreed. 'I want to know how Hikaru got to like these two…and find out which of them is the one she really loves.' While they were walking, Fuu had noticed how Eagle had been stealing glances at her friend. 'So he likes her too…' Her gaze shifted to Lantis… 'Yes, that look sempai was giving her was an adoring one…' She looked back to Eagle, 'He's looking at her the same way his friend does…'

"Yeeeeeyyyy!!!! Cheesecake!!!!" Hikaru said as they entered the café.

Fuu smiled, 'She still acts like a child sometimes…' Looking at the two men with them, Fuu thought, 'No wonder she's confused. These two are both totally alike yet totally different. Lantis is the serious type…Eagle is a cheerful one…Both of them are quite handsome…Both do show their affection in different ways…Lantis is really sweet on her…Eagle flirts with her a lot…'

"I told my friend here that I might take Hikaru away from him if he wasn't careful…" Eagle said and then laughed. Hikaru blushed, Lantis glared. "Oi, Hikaru-chan you're blushing again…"

"And whose fault would that be then, baka!" Lantis said.

With Eagle's constant teasing on Hikaru, Lantis' irritation after hearing it, and Fuu's deep observation, none of them noticed the green-haired young man following them with a frown on his face.