Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's a beautiful Sunday morning and Hikaru had decided to go jogging. "Maa-it looks like it's going to be a very good day!"

"Hikaru-chan!" She turned around and saw Eagle jog towards her. "It's a beautiful day isn't it?" He told her with a smile. "Can I keep you company? That is unless of course you want to go jogging alone…"

"I don't mind, Eagle-sempai…" she replied and continued her exercise.

"There's the sempai-thing again…"Eagle said with a false pout as he joined her. Hikaru giggled. "You know, this gives me an idea…Why don't we arrange you and Lantis to go jogging together?"

"Do real couples do that? I mean…wouldn't it be too much? We almost go everywhere together already."

"Real couples do almost everything together, especially when they are very much in love…See if you were my girlfriend I don't think I'd let you out of my sight..." he replied with a wink.

Hikaru found herself blushing again. 'Why do he always make me blush?'

Eagle, noticing the sudden flush of red on Hikaru's cheeks, decided to keep quiet. Deep inside he was smiling and it took him a lot of willpower to stop himself from teasing her again and making her blush. 'She's so cute when she blushes like that…'

Both had been silent after that though. And yet different thoughts had been going in and out of their minds. 'His hair looks almost white in bright sunshine…'

'I'm beginning to regret that deal I had with Lantis…'

'I feel weird…the same thing I feel when I am with Lantis…'

'She's really cute…'

'He's really handsome…'

'Being with her makes me feel complete…'

'I feel comfortable whenever he's with me…'

When they reached the part of the park overlooking the man-made lake, they both stopped to take a rest. "Thirsty?" Eagle asked her. The girl shook her head.

"Maybe later, I'll just sit here for a while…"

"I'll sit here with you then."

"Eagle-sempai…"

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever been in love?"

Eagle flinched. For the first time, he was actually speechless. It took him a minute to recover before he was able to answer her question. "Well, I guess I have…"

"How does it feel like?"

"Nani?!" Eagle exclaimed. Hikaru's questions were beginning to get him really uneasy.

"Nevermind…It's just that I want to know…Umi told me that I think like a kid…so I'm kind of dense…and all…"

"Well…it's really kind of contradicting…"

"Contradicting?"

"Yes, the things it makes you feel…"

"Like?"

"Well, your heart feels both heavy and light at the same time…and it seems like it's aching but it feels good…" When he looked at Hikaru, he could see the confused look in her face.

"It sounds weird!"

"It feels weirder…" Eagle told her. "It's really hard to explain Hikaru-chan…"

"Tell me more! Like what you feel when you see her…"

"You're the one making me blush now Hikaru-chan!" Eagle said, again with a fake pout.

"Tell, tell, tell!!!"

"Well…"

"Well???"

"Well it's like this…" He stopped to think for a while. "How can I start?…Let me see…Hmm…Oh like when I see her smile I get really happy, and I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach…fluttery feeling kinda…And well…I always want to be with her…and…My heart seems to beat really fast…and well…I'm most vulnerable when I'm with her…"

"Vulnerable?"

"Yes…I get weak…and when I look in her eyes, suddenly, everything around me seems to be really beautiful…" He didn't really mean to, but he couldn't help to look at her with love in his eyes. His hand reached out to touch her cheek. "…Everything starts to look so perfect…" At that moment, he wanted to hold her and tell her how he really felt, because the way she looked back at him, he saw a glimmer of hope for himself.

Hikaru started feeling weird again the moment Eagle's hand touched her cheek. She could hear her heart beat fast, could feel the heavy-light, fluttery feeling inside her…She knew she had to move away, but she found herself just sitting there…Until a picture of Lantis appeared in her mind, out of nowhere. The feeling seemed to have disappeared after that.

The glimmer was gone. Eagle saw it disappear and moved his hand away from her. He then stood up and then said, "Let's have that drink now shall we? I suddenly felt so thirsty." He let out a soft laugh. "Maybe it's from talking too much."

He felt a tug of guilt inside him. He nearly betrayed his friend…

* * *

After trying almost every attraction in Tokyo Disneyland, Fuu asked Ferio if they can just sit somewhere for a while. They both sat quietly for a while.

"You're trying too hard Ferio-san…" he suddenly heard Fuu say.

"Huh?"

"I said, you're trying too hard."

"What do you mean?"

"The gifts…the expensive date…everything…You're trying too hard…"

Ferio frowned. This isn't what he had expected. He thought girls liked to be overly pampered, liked to be given lots of things… "Y-you don't like it?" he stammered. 'Maybe the silver-haired senior had taken her heart after all…'

"Actually, I loved it very much…Demo…"

"What is it you want Fuu? Tell me anything, I'd give it to you…"

"Why are you doing all this?"

"What?"

"I just wanna know why, that's all…"

Ferio sighed and then started saying, "I saw you with that senior, what's his name…Vision? I think you were having a double-date and all…And you seemed too happy and well I, I wanted to make you happier…"

"Oh Ferio-san!" she said and then started giggling.

"What now?" Ferio scowled.

"That wasn't a double-date!"

"It wasn't?"

"No it wasn't." Fuu replied and smiled. 'He'd been jealous…He'd been actually jealous! It could only mean…'

"Dang!"

Fuu smiled again and then started saying, "Besides, you don't have to do all this just to make me happy…I-I just want to hear the words…" Fuu blushed. "…t-that's all."

"Fuu-chan…" He saw her nod her head and smile. "You didn't know?"

"How would I know? You haven't told me?"

"I love you my angel…"

"I love you too."