Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Sefiro High - Chapter 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lantis' smile faded when he noticed Hikaru being not as preppy as usual. "Are you alright?"

Eagle seemed to have noticed the same thing so he put his hand on Hikaru's forehead to see if she has fever. "You're not sick…Any problems?"

"No, it's nothing. I guess I'm just tired…" she murmured. "Thanks…"

"Are you sure?" Lantis asked.

Forcing a smile, Hikaru answered, "Of course!" The truth is that, she was just feeling tensed being with the two young men. The thought that she might be in love with one of them made her not only nervous, but utterly confused and it's draining her energy.

The two seniors looked at each other and then to Hikaru. Eagle then shrugged and then said, "Whatever you say…"

"Maybe we should walk you home now…" Lantis suggested. "You really don't look well to me…Wait maybe I should go get my car…"

"Mou. I'm not sick!"

"Sure you aren't…" Eagle said. "Go get the car Lantis…Don't worry, I'll take care of our little princess here until you get back," Eagle said with a smirk. Hikaru blushed again. Lantis nodded and then left. Hikaru let out a yawn and then sighed. Eagle patted his shoulders and said, "You can lean on me and take a nap Hikaru-chan. You really look tired."

"*Yawn* It's ok. I'm…*yawn*…"

"Stop being so stubborn. I'll wake you up when Lantis comes back…"

"But…"

"You have two choices, lean on my shoulder or lie on my lap…either way you are going to take a little snooze." Hikaru blushed, put her head on Eagle's shoulder and closed her eyes.

* * *

Lantis found Hikaru sleeping on Eagle's shoulder when he got back. His friend saw him approach though and gave him an irritating grin. "Don't start with me…" Lantis told him.

"What did I do?"

"Shuttup and take that silly grin off your face. She looked so tired…Maybe you shouldn't wake her up."

"I promised her I would when you get back."

"Oh well…"

"Hikaru-chan…Hikaru-chan wake up…"

"Hmmm…" she murmured.

"Hikaru-chan, Lantis is here…He's gonna drive you home now…"

Slowly she opened her eyes and saw Eagle and Lantis staring at her. "Lantis?" She blinked her eyes. "Lantis…"

"I'm gonna take you home…"

"Eagle-sempai isn't going to come with us?"

"His car is only fit for two silly…and besides, I have to go somewhere else…You two run along now. See ya!"

After saying their goodbyes to Eagle, Lantis led Hikaru to the car. Hikaru noticed that Lantis had been frowning the whole time. Little did she know that he was actually jealous seeing her sleeping comfortably on Eagle's shoulder.

"I'm really okay, Lantis-kun…" she told him, hoping that it would ease his mind.

He looked at her for a while and mentally kicked himself. His facial expression then eased up which made Hikaru glad. After a few minutes, they arrived to the Shidou residence.

"Would you want to come inside?" Hikaru asked the young man beside her.

"Well…I don't think it would be…"

"Why, Hikaru-chan…" her mother said when she opened the door. "You're home earlier than usual…"

"She's sick…" Lantis managed to reply.

"Mou! I told you I'm not sick…"

"So she says…"

"Ah…where's my manners? Do please come in eto…"

"Sol. Lantis Kyle Sol. Please call my Lantis."

"Oh Lantis, do come in…Your brothers haven't come home yet Hikaru-chan…which is kind of good. I wonder how they'd take you bringing a handsome young man here."

Hikaru blushed and exclaimed, "Okaa-san!"

"Sol…Now where did I hear that name before…?"

"My brother is the headmaster of our school Mrs. Shidou."

"Oh I see now. Would you like something to drink?"

"No, I will be going soon…Thank you."

"I know it must be rude…but I really have to ask this…Are you my daughter's boyfriend?"

"OKAAAA-SANNNN!!!!"

"I'm just a close friend of hers, Mrs. Shidou…" …Well, kind of…he bit his tongue just in case he does blurt it out. "I am also the captain of the kendo club…"

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"I have to go now…My brother is going out tonight and someone has to be at home."

* * *

It was one of those nights where Zagato took Emeraude out on a date. He was very much convinced that weather seemed to have approved of him and his plan. The stars shone brighter than usual, and it made him glad. 'Tonight is going to be a special night indeed,' he told himself.

He took her to one of those little parks in Tokyo overlooking the Tokyo Bay after they had finished eating dinner at some French restaurant. He wanted to make this a special night for the both of them.

"Remember this place, my love?" he asked Emeraude who was holding his hand.

"Yes…you took me here on our first date as a couple…" Yes, she remembered. She remembers it so well that it seemed as if it was just the day before, and not years ago. Those were the days when they were both young and carefree and very much in love. Both of them were in their early years in college. Later on they became the university's 'perfect couple'.

"A penny for your thoughts?" he told her with a smile. "I believe you just zoned out on me…"

"I was just thinking how many girls have you taken here…" she said in a jokingly manner.

"Well if you really want to know, I haven't taken anybody here before I took you here…and nobody else after…after you went away…" he regretted to not have been able to control the sadness in his voice when he mentioned her departure. It was true though; there were never other women. It's always been just Emeraude, even when she left, it's still her. He didn't try dating other women to forget her. The truth is that he didn't want to forget her.

When she left, he felt guilt for making her wait too long. Thinking that she needed space, he forced himself not to look for her. He worked hard and after he succeeded in saving his family's heritage from bankruptcy, it was only then that he had hired people to see how she had been going. He had even arranged that she would work in his school by convincing her former employees to persuade her to accept their "recommendation" for a place in his institution. She was, one of the best instructors in their school, after all.

From then on, Zagato had vowed that he'd do all he can to make her fall for him again and do all he can so that she would never leave his side, ever again. And what he had failed to do before, he will do now. Taking the velvet box out of his pocket, he opened it and then said, "Emeraude, will you marry me?" He knew that his actions had surprised her. Tears started to flow on her cheeks, and with a smile she simply nodded. After getting her answer, he swiftly kissed her lips, and held her tight.

* * *

Hikaru sighed and stood up from her bed. "Argh!!! I hate this!!!" She felt so drained of energy and yet she couldn't sleep. She silently went out of her room and into the dojo, secretly took her wooden sword and then went outside. It was a beautiful night. The sky was very clear and the moon was bright that she didn't need another light-source. "My brothers would really think I'm nuts when they find out I'm practicing kendo at this time of night…"

After a few swings of her sword, she gave up. Kendo is about concentration and that is what she didn't have now. She sat on the steps outside her house and looked up the sky.

The things she had been feeling was exactly what Eagle described to her. There is no doubt that she is in love. The problem is, she feels those emotions when she's with the two seniors. "…So now it's even affecting my sleeping habits!"

She sighed again and came up with an idea… 'Maybe if I'm not that confused it wouldn't have been that bad…Maaa…I have to figure out who I love more now!…But it's hard…'

She could still remember the questions her friends asked her. "Okay, who among the two you're reallllly more comfortable with?" She closed her eyes and pondered. 'Eagle teases me a lot but really shows that he cares about me…and Lantis…well he makes sure that everything is okay…and takes care of me a lot'

"…Who do you think is more handsome?" The figure of the two young men suddenly appeared in her mind. Both males are of the same height, and same body-build. Lantis has black hair, which contrasts with Eagle's silver one. Lantis have deep purple eyes while Eagle has shiny brown ones…Both men are equally attractive to her physically.

"Who do you like to be with more?" Eagle is fun to be with, he jokes about things a lot, like marrying her if she and Lantis do "break up". They both like the same things…especially food. He is very friendly, not only to her but everybody else. He opens up his feelings easily, like when she asked him if he had been in love. At that time, when he touched her cheek, for a moment there, she let him, because it felt good. He was looking at her as if… 'Masaka! Does that mean that he…that I…he…loves…?' She shook her head as if trying to make that thought disappear. She forced herself to continue to ponder about the last question.

'What about Lantis?' Lantis takes care of her. He makes sure that she's comfortable with everything. He doesn't smile much as Eagle does, but he does smile when he's with her. And that makes her glad; she wants him to smile more often. He never forgets to compliment her, and treats her as one would treat a lady. He protects her, like an older brother would… like what he did this morning…when she nearly got run over by a bike…At that time, she wanted him to hold her forever…She hadn't been aware of anything, except him holding her…

Her eyes widened as she came to her conclusion. 'I love both of them…I really do love both of them…Demo…' She looked up the sky again, and whispered the name of the boy she loved more.