Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sleepless nights ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sleepless nights

<*^.^*>

Disclaimer: Mesa don't own MKR.

<*^.^*>

Summary: Hikaru is feeling down. Who will come to comfort her…? Takes place after the second series.

<*^.^*>

"I don't know what to do… I think I'll go play with Hikari." Mumbled Hikaru. Her three brothers looked around the corner at her. She, after coming home from Tokyo tower had been thouroughly unhappy, they could see through the air of cheeriness that she projected. They stared at the locket she pulled out from under her robes.

"Huhhh, I never saw that before…" whispered (AN: I don't know her brother's names so I made some up.) Soujen. Hougi and Ghetan nodded their assent. They stared as she kissed the locket; a tear fell from her eyelash and splashed on the mirror's surface. Suddenly she was surrouned by a bright light the locket was a shining door. Soujen, Hougi, and Ghetan ran to get their baby sister, but were turned back by the look she gave them.

"Goodbye, brothers. I am going to be home again, I don't know how long." To herself she murmured and they caught what. "Lantis…" she stepped through and the door, locket and Hikaru vanished.

"Where is she?" they asked frantically.

<*^.^*>

Hikaru stepped through the shining door, there was a lush garden before her. She heard someone talking.

"Hikaru…where are you?" someone said. She looked to a tree. There was Lantis, staring up at the starry night sky.

"Hikaru…" he finally gave up his search of the heavensand jumped down to leave, when someone cried his name. He stiffened and turned around. There was Hikaru.

"Is it you? Or is it another vision created by my heart?"

"Lantis! Its me!" she said running towards him. It had to be her; he'd never seen her in a red summer dress with her hair down. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She was so tiny. He hugged her to. Then he lifted her up, she looked tired. She was curled up, head buried in his chest. He looked down at her, smiling.

"Hikaru, you came back to me." He thought she was asleep, but she raised her head and looked at him.

"Lantis, it hurt to much. It hurt to be apart from you." She stared into his eyes, they were so kind and understanding and… loving.

"Hikaru…" she placed a finger to his lips and looked at him, pleadingly. He moved her closer, and kissed her. She felt a tingle run through herself. She was finally with the one she loved the most. Caldina was looking through the bushes for something when she saw them through the bushes `huh? Whos with Lantis? Ooooh, Hikaru's gonna be jealous!' She moved into a different position, and realized that it was Hikaru. Her eyes widened and she left them in peace.

When they broke apart Hikaru was panting slightly. She had never kissed before. She felt as if her heart was stopping. Her arms were still curled around his neck and she laid her head on his shoulder. He asked her something.

"Hikaru, would you like to go in my tree?"

"All right." He walked up to the tree and leapt straight up. Two jumps and they were on the tree branch. He sat, and loosened his grip on Hikaru who did not really mind. She was lying on top of him, her hair draped over part of his face. He inhaled the sweet and sharp scent of pine and rosemary that lingered in her hair. They sat for a while, at peace with the world. It had been an hour, and she fell asleep. He gently gathered her up and left the tree. For so many sleepless nights he had stared to the stars, pleading silently for the return of his beloved Hikaru, and now here she was. He twined his fingers with hers.

"I will never let go again." He said to her. She stirred and opened her eyes. Her fingers tightened around his as she opened her mouth to speak. He placed a finger lightly on her lips and set her down. She pulled him down and kissed him lightly. He led the way to his chamber, where he tucked her into his bed and sat down on the floor next to the bed. Near morning, she woke up and started crying, he instantly woke up and sat on the bed next to her and hugged her. She clutched his waist.

"I don't want you to let go of me." she whispered.

"I will never let you go again." He reassured her.

"Thank you...Lantis, my love." tears glimmered in her eyes, silent tears of happiness. "I will stay with you in Cephiro, till the end." they kissed again, a long uninterrupted kiss.

The End