Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ The blood of a knight ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note of the author: sincerely I expected any reviews in more -many threats of death haven't been communicated ^ _~ but since I am essentially a good person, here the second chapter.

Pat-chan

* * * * *

Sephiro, Austina's naval port

After a long morning spent at the negotiations' table, Ferio watched the Earth's "aircrafts" over flew Austina, his native town: there weren't dangers for the delegates, but the earthlings had insisted to have their safety measures. Seeing those things fly in Sephiro's sky annoyed him, the sky belonged to the wind and to his Fuu; but those weird objects attracted him in some way: as if flying on one of them, he could feel closer the Magic Knight of Wind.

Ferio sighed: he remembered very well the first times without Fuu, he wasn't able to do anything but think about her or spend whole nights in her room. Slowly, Ferio had been detached from those memories and those places that made him just suffer more. Sure, he still loved Fuu and thought about her, but as an old man could look at his youth. Sure, any woman hadn't been in his life after her, but after twenty-six years he didn't missed her as the beginning, neither felt the urgency to replace her with an other. Often Ferio wondered what would have happened if suddenly Fuu went back to Sephiro, what would have happened to the two of them: it was a passing thought. Other times he wondered what had been of her: if she still loved him or if she has forgotten him, if she was still alive or instead was died.

While he was absorbed in those thoughts, Ferio noticed near a hangar two girls chat quietly: from that point in which he wasn't able to see them well, but that sight made him curious. He could understand from their clothes that they were soldiers, of those that flew on the aircrafts; one had chestnut short hair and the other flaxen hair in a ponytail. The two girls must have sensed to be watched, because at a point they looked Ferio and laughed elbowing each other.

Emma and her friend -and colleague- Loveday relaxed a little bit after have reentered at the base and they scheduled their evening.

" ... c'mon! Everybody knows that Sean has a crush for you: you could at least give him /one/ possibility: nothing happen if you go out with him for one evening!"

" Stop it, it isn't this the problem: I just won't going on a spree in town. Uncle Ste... Admiral Forrester has made understand to don't get out of the base for futile things, and go in a place to drink /is/ a futile thing. Loveday, it is useless insist."

" You call your uncle 'Admiral' only when it suit you, Emma. You could tell me these things... c'mon, you too like a bit Sean, admit it!"

Loveday smiled moving up and down her eyebrows. Emma giggled and said:

" Mmh, he is nice.... no, he is really hot! But if he wants spend time with me, he knows well where find me!"

" About misters hotties... do you have noticed that guy that fixes us?"

" Who?"

" The guy appeared to that window: he is looking us from around a quarter of hour."

Loveday said showing a green haired man looking them out a window. Emma peeped at him arching a delicate eyebrow and she whispered seriously:

" Loveday, that isn't one of ours..."

" Exactly, but do you know how I care? I would be glad to spend /some time/ with him: it is the better way to /fraternize/ with the native!"

Loveday laughed winking and elbowing to Emma. The woman laughed and exclaimed:

" Over my dead body, Lieutenant Fairfax! What will think Mike, Edward, Leo, Algernon, Rocco, Humphrey, Nigel, Francis, Trevor and Pedro about you if do you do such a thing?"

" I don't care, I had a fun time with them. Speaking seriously, not I don't mind to spend one night of passion with that guy..."

" You are a sex crazed girl!"

Emma laughed. Loveday too laughed, she then shook a hand and shouted to the stranger:

" Hey you! Why don't you come here to chat with us? You could make me know this place!"

The stranger shook his hand in answer, but he not moved; then Loveday resumed calling him stronger. Emma looked surprised her friend: that behavior was inadmissible! That matter was not more a joke! What would have happened if one of their superior has seen it? As Captain, it was Emma's assignment set end to that Loveday's flirt. Emma breathed deeply and whispered:

" Loveday, stop it."

" So he is shy... wait me here Emma: now I join him!"

Emma rolled her eyes and said with firm voice:

" Loveday Fairfax, stop it or I will be forced to take measure of precaution!"

Loveday turned to protest, but Emma's look froze her blood in the veins: when Emma's eyes had that expression, it was better obey also because her measures of precaution were very sever. Nobody knew until which points Emma's punishments were sever, that look was more than sufficient.

Loveday became stiff and turned pale, she then whispered:

" Yes."

Ferio saw the brown haired shake a hand and tell him something, which he wasn't able to hear, and he shook his hand back. The blonde seemed to be angry, because she scolded the other bitterly: after a brief discussion the two girls went toward the cafeteria.

" You are thoughtful Majesty: do you fear that the negotiations won't end well?"

Ferio turned and saw Admiral Forrester's joyous face. The Admiral was a very tall man, with green gray eyes and faded blond hair; despite his face has a smiling expression and a little bit childish, he was a sever and intransigent man. It was told that he relaxes a little bit in family, and then he became a quite different person. Ferio looked the Admiral and then went back to admire the landscape.

" No, the negotiations don't worry me much: if we keep on in this way, soon we'll have ended. I was thinking about how I would like to go on one of those things."

Ferio said pointing out an aircraft lift off. The Admiral looked surprised the man and exclaimed unbelieving:

" Do you want to get on a F19?!"

" Are they called so? I didn't know it..."

"Do /you/ want to get on a F19?!"

" Well, yes: it seems funny. Do you think that it's possible?"

The Admiral curled up a moustache thoughtfully, he then sighed:

" I don't know it, I should speak about this with General Lafayette. Good afternoon."

The Admiral turned; he then turned around and said:

" I forgot to tell you that your escort waits you in the West courtyard to bring back you to the Palace."

The man saluted and left. Also Ferio left, after have thrown a last glance to the aircrafts flew upon the sea in the sunset's fiery sky.

* * * * *

Ten days after

After a long discussion, the Earth's delegates had decided to accept the Sephirian king's little request: the principal reason of this decision was that they wanted to get best advantage from the negotiations, and if realize a King Ferio's whim helped, it came true.

The King and the Admiral walked toward the hangar and met the pilots, whom were gotten ready for the next recognition. The Admiral whispered:

" That is the team that will escort you: Captain Kisaragi is very harsh, thus not be surprised if she scold you."

" Captain Kisaragi is a woman?!"

Ferio asked unbelieving. The Admiral smiled with pride:

" Emma is one of ours best top gun: she is soldier material, a day she could go very far!"

The two men reached the group, which saluted them.

" If is granted do a note, Admiral, you are late of five minutes: we would have left without you."

Emma said seriously. The Admiral looked at his clock arching an eyebrow.

" You are right Captain, my clock is slow. However this is His Majesty Ferio Costant Xepphirine III; Your Highness, let me introduce Captain Emma Suu Kisaragi: she will escort you in yours first flight. Well Captain, since this moment His Royal Highness' safety is your responsibility."

" Yes Sir!"

Emma answered with steadiness. Stephen stooped on his niece and whispered winking:

" I exhort you Emma, don't squeeze him too much!"

Emma arched an eyebrow and grinned.

Ferio was entirely caught by Captain Kisaragi: it was like see again Fuu after twenty-six years. The Captain had flaxen, curly and shoulder length hair tied in a ponytail; dense black eyelashes shaded her bright green-ambered eyes. She had Fuu's same slender and graceful figure, but she was quite different. That woman had full cerise lips and even if her features were delicate, her face betrayed a calm but sever serenity; her look was unbelievingly piercing and she didn't blush -as Fuu used- while she scrutinized Ferio in the eyes.

Emma studied the Sephirian King, her first impression was always right. Even if that was the first time that she met him, Ferio seemed to Emma oddly familiar: he had short hair dark green; amber eyes and two scars, one on his nose and one on his jaw. He seemed to have more or less her parents' age. Ferio wore practical gray pants, a black sweater and a comfortable shooting jacket. While she watched him, Emma felt a sudden sense of nostalgia and something grasping the mouth of her stomach. Emma shook her head and said:

" Ok. Martin, I hope that you don't mind to borrow him one of your overalls: roughly you have the same size."

" Ah, don't these clothes are all right?"

Ferio asked naively. Emma's sharp look made run a shiver along his back.

" Speaking with respect, Sir, you won't get on /my/ F19 dressed as a hunter! Go with Martin, dress yourself and go back immediately, we'll wait you there."

After have changed, Ferio joined the team which was ready for the take-off. Emma gave unwillingly few, quick, exhaustive directions of flight to Ferio and then asked him to follow her. Ferio didn't accept Emma's behavior: he tried to be polite, but she didn't care who and what he was. When they reached the aircraft, Emma asked to the mechanics if everything was ready and they answered that it was ok; thus Emma smiled and said to her aircraft as a mother could speak to her child:

" Hi Midori-chan! Today you'll fly with mom, are you happy? However uncle Ernest won't be with us today: do you see that guy? Unluckily we have the order to carry him with us."

Ferio sweat dropped. A mechanic laughed seeing his face and said:

" Don't worry if Capt. Kisaragi is a little harsh with you, Your Majesty: her F19 is like a son for her, she named it too!"

" Midori Nokaze isn't only a son for me: it's a brother, a friend, a lover! And I love it so much!"

Emma exclaimed ecstatic embracing the fuselage. Ferio froze: 'midori no kaze' was one of Fuu's spells.

Once ended the checks, the aircrafts lifted off. The navigation was calm, as always there was nothing to relieve.

" Then, what do you feel flying on a F19?"

Emma asked mocking. Ferio answered with the same voice:

" I thought that it is more exciting: nothing more or less than Fulah."

Emma grinned.

" Guys, have you heard what the King said? Do you think I would give him a lesson?"

" Yes, we have heard clearly: do you want give him a sample of your ability?"

A voice laughed; another added:

" Remember what the Admiral told you: don't squeeze him too much!"

" Ok! Nimbus you're in charge till my return."

Without wait an answer, Emma shut the communication and parted from the group. At once she started to perform a series of aerial evolutions with great skill; Ferio scolded himself to have provoked the pilot: he now understood what they meant with "squeeze", in fact he felt like a clothe in the washer. Emma performed her virtuosity for three quarters of hour.

" Now what do you feel?"

" I feel like I'm about to vomit."

" If you vomit, when we go back you must clean the cockpit."

Emma warns coldly. Ferio sighed:

" Why are you so harsh, Captain? I haven't done you anything."

" I don't like that amateurs dare to touch my Midori: you don't know how it's delicate."

" Satisfy one curiosity: why do you have called your aircraft Midori Nokaze?"

" It was a character of a tale that my mother told me when I was a child: one of protagonist's helper that created hurricanes sneezing. When they entrusted me this vehicle, I thought about that character. Now it's your turn to satisfy one curiosity: what is that floating mount? We never be able to bring near it for the strong wind."

Emma asked showing the Temple of Sky. Ferio felt a pang in his heart seeing that mount.

" It's the Temple of Sky, where Windam, the Mashin of the Wind, sleeps. Only the Magic Knight of Wind could enter there."

" How can a machine sleep? Or it is turned on or it is turned out."

Ferio laughed and explained:

" The Mashin aren't machines, but living beings: their assignment is to protect Sephiro with the Magic Knights."

Emma smiled:

" Then why these Mashin and these Magic Knights don't shown when do we have come? Were they afraid?"

Ferio became stiff and said angry:

" Perhaps /you/ aren't a threat. Twenty-six years ago Sephiro was in deep crisis and beyond the inner enemies, we must fight against the neighboring countries' armies: despite the difficulty, the girls were able to save my world."

Emma bit her lower lip: so Sephiro's inhabitants were only apparently peaceful and Ferio, without will it, had given her a precious information. Then she wondered pretending to don't take care of the answer:

" Why these Magic Knights don't show at the negotiations? It would be interesting meet them..."

" Shouldn't we join the others?"

Ferio wondered changing suddenly the topic. Emma recorded the information in her mind and turned.

The team had reentered from the recognition and took a coffee at the Cafeteria.

" At the end you haven't vomited, Highness."

Emma said with a grin. Ferio too grinned:

" I won't cleaning the cockpit: the vomit stinks!"

Emma grinned again and sipped her coffee. For the first time, Ferio noticed that the woman had a particular way to smile, a bit malicious and a bit charming, like his. Ferio puffed and shook his head: after a talk, he and Emma had discovered to have many things in common and sometimes he had the impression to see his reflection in her.

" Capt. Kisaragi, you know, you remember me anyone that I don't see from much time, but you are different: she was shier, kinder and nicer than you!"

Ferio said winking. Emma said annoyed smiling:

" Ah thank you: you are a true gentleman Majesty! These aren't things to say to a sweet and sensitive girl as me!"

The two looked each other and laughed.

" Its time for me to go back at the castle. Thank you for the time past with me, Capt. Kisaragi: I hope that this will be a sincere and deep friendship's beginning."

Ferio said kissing the hand of Emma, who blushed slightly. Also Emma thanked Ferio and saluted him.

* * * * *

The following day

Emma, Trevor and Mike were rearranging documents in office: /anyone/ of their acquaintance had the vice to don't put the reports in the right places and they must rearrange the file almost each week. Loveday came in the office with a gorgeous bunch of flowers.

" Hey Emma, these flowers are just come for you: you are here for three weeks and you already have hidden suitors in the base!"

" Loveday Fairfax, why you mess always the file and we must rearrange it?!"

The three of them yelled at the same time. Loveday became stiff and whined:

" Ugh! How much noise for two or three sheets out of place! Here Emma, there is a note too."

Emma arched an eyebrow taking the flowers -they were many-colored anemones- and asking to herself who was the sender. Trevor peeped beyond her shoulder and read aloud the note.

Capt. Kisaragi,

I send you these flowers to thank you for the afternoon spent together: I hope warmly to be able to repeat the experience and of be able to speak again with you and your men, whom I ask you to offer them my more sincere regards.

Your servant.

Ferio C. Xepphirine.

" Have you heard guys?" Emma said " His Majesty send you his regards."

Loveday smiled mischievously:

" Good Emma, we now go out with the King of this place!"

Emma looked sideways at Loveday and said putting the flowers in a bowl:

" Shut up and help us to rearrange the file!"

================================== TO BE CONTINUED =================================

The second chapter is finished, but this is only the beginning: I hope that you leave a good number of reviews, also because I would like to know your conclusions about this series!