Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ To Chose Or Be Chosen ❯ Chapter 2 - a surprise arrives ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
To Chose Or Be Chosen

Chapter 2



A teenage girl of approxiamately 16 sat on her bed reading what appeared to be a comic book and laughing hysterically. Without warning, she had the sudden desire (isn't that how sudden desires work, without warning?) to go to Tokyo Tower. She was to spend the night with a friend, so she hurriedly shoved some clothes into her backpack. This proved to be difficult due to the large amount of other comic books in there, but she made it fit (the old sit and squish technique, quite useful) nonetheless. She shouted a brief goodbye to her parents and hit the door running.
"Free, free, free at last!" came her cry. She made it to Tokyo Tower in plenty of time to take in the splendid view from the observation deck. No sooner had she walked out onto the deck did she suddenly see Tokyo Tower and its view fall from her sight. She was falling, but where was she falling to?

~*~*~*~*~
Eagle, Lantis and Hikaru all sat together, hands linked, legs crossed, and concentrated their wills together.
"Bring us someone for Eagle or Lantis to fall in love with (speaking in the third person 0_0)," was the whispered prayer for all of them.

~*~*~*~*~

As she fell, she wondered what was going to happen. Suddenly, a floating moutain, then a volcano, and lastly a beautiful sapphire blue ocean paired with an exquisite sunset.
"Toto...I don't think we're in Kansas anymore..." (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok, I promise, I am sane...at the moment)

~*~*~*~*~

As everyone sat gathered in the west garden for an evening picnic, something strange and almost completely unexpected happened. Only three of the eleven assembled (like a toy!) there had any idea what it might be. Ferio, Umi, Fuu, Lafarga, Lantis, Hikaru, and Clef all stood ready to attack and defend their friends from whatever evil sound (how is a sound evil?) had just occured, when a petite teenage girl fell from a tree nearbly.
"Crap! That hurt, stupid piece of....wood" said the girl as she picked herself up off the ground (hahahaha funny mental picture)muttering insults all the while. She looked up and noticed that she was being watched by eleven pairs of very curious eyes.
"Um....hi?" she sputtered.
"What are you?" was Clef's first question.
"Well let's see, I'm a homo sapien (wow she's smart...), I'm a chick hm...what else is there?"
Hikaru came bounding up, "So what's your name?"
"Kim"
"Hi! Kimmie-chan (you can beat me later kim, it was just so...available though)! Welcome to Cephiro!" (so perky....)
"Is this some weird amusement park, because that guy really belongs in an exhibit," Kim said while glaring defiantly at Clef, who glared back fiercely.
"Are you always so...disrespectful?" Clef countered.
"Only when people stare at me like I'm some three-headed monster."
"Children!" Umi cut in, effectively moving between the two fuming parties.
Eagle and Lantis whispered comments to each other.
"Maybe she'll grow on us," Lantis said wistfully, taking her semi-short height and small frame.
"It would be nice if she grew at all!" Eagle swiftly countered, noting Kim's short thick hair, glasses (so scholarly), and pencil thin appendages.
"How old is she?" Caldina whispered. "She looks like a child!"
"I heard that! If you must know, I'm 16." Kim stated this while placing her fists on her hips, daring anyone to challenge her.
"But...you....small...." sputtered Ascott in all his infinite articulateness (that is a word, I checked).
Fuu replied," Very nice to meet you, my name's Fuu. Would you like some of this um...salad?"
"Hey! My cooking's not that bad...is it?" Ferio retorted hotly. "By the way, my name's Ferio."
"....Hi.." Kim said while struggling to hide her amusement at Ferio's apparent need for Fuu's approval.
"So what brings you to Cephiro?" quiered Lafarga conversationally.
"I dunno, I was mind my own business at Tokyo Tower - "
"Tokyo Tower!" exclaimed the Magic Knights.
"I didn't stutter. Now where was I...ah yes, Tokyo Tower when all the sudden the ground just sort of fell away and I fell with it," Ki stated while picked at the salad on her plate. "What's this supposed to be anyway?" she asked while pointing to Ferio's salad. "It doesn't look edible."
Ferio lept to his feet and stormed off in a huff with Fuu following close behind muttering soothing words to him.
"Ignore him, his royalty often gets in the way of politely accepting criticism," Clef said briskly, slicing what appeared to be a plum.
"If you dried that, you could have prunes, most likely needed at your ripe ancient age," Kim said with an evil glint in her eyes.

~*~*~*~*~

"Ferio! Get over your royal tantrum and be civil!" Ferio's conscience told him. It was a very tiring conversation since Ferio actually did agree with his conscience. Fuu went to his side and gently stroked his arm while telling him that Kim was only joking and that it was really a very delicious salad (blah blah blah).
"Let's go rejoin the picnic, shall we?" Ferio asked of Fuu hesitantly.
"...Sure, of course!" came Fuu's startled reply. *It appears my soothing worked quite well.

~*~*~*~*~end chapter~*~*~*~*~