Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ To Chose Or Be Chosen ❯ Chapter 4 - yet another plan is hatched ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heh, I now have reviews, but very few. My story must be pretty pathetic. Ah yes, the part below is what happened at the end of the last chapter so that you don't have to go back through and read the entire (short) thing over again. I hate that. Excluding the part below, any time anything is in italics it's Kim's thoughts unless otherwise specified and things in parentheses are my random little comments. Ah yes, and Kim, if you're going to kill me, please make it quick. ::prodded by lawyer:: yes yes, I don't own Rayearth blah blah blah ::lawyer reclines back in chair clearly satisfied::

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eagle began carefully, "Both Lantis and I love Hikaru, and she loves us in return, however, we could not in good conscience force Hikaru to choose between us, so Lantis and Hikaru produced the idea of summoning someone from Earth here to choose for Hikaru."

"And by choosing for Hikaru, we mean for that girl to fall in love with one of us and then Hikaru will know which of us she is fated to be with," Lantis continued.

Hikaru jumped in, "Somehow, you were chosen to assist me in this...decision. If you decide you want no part in this, then we all forgive you and understand your reasoning."

Kim sat there and stared at the three residents of Cephiro in awe at what they had just told her. Never in her wildest dreams had she ever thought that something like would happen.

"I...I um..man, I don't have any idea what to say," Kim spluttered.

"You can choose to think it over and tell us when you have decided, if you decide to return to Earth, we will do everything in our collective power to help you," Eagle said gently.

"I think I can tell you now, I choose to..."

"I choose to help you out in whatever way I can. BUT I can't guarantee much of anything," Kim responded dutifully. She watched Hikaru's face light up like a beacon as bright as the sun, Eagle's approving nod, and Lantis's masked face crack momentarily to allow a brief look of relief. What am I getting myself into now? I coulda just gone home and been able to carry on with life as usual. I am an idiot. Kim's thoughts screamed at her.

The rest of dinner passed quickly, filled with planning Kim's integration into Cephirean (is that spelled right? eh, it doesn't matter) society and customs. Kim was escorted back through the maze-like hallways of the palace in awe of all the things she would have to learn. Eagle left her at the door, "I hope you know that if you change your mind at any point we won't think any less of you, good night Kim."

"Good night," came Kim's absent-minded reply. She walked into her room and firmly shut the door before sinking down into a puddle of black skirt on the floor. What am I doing, have I gone completely mental here? That phrase repeated over and over in her mind before she fell into a dreamless sleep.

When morning rolled around, Kim was still lying on the floor. She awakened and stretched, only to get a cramp in her leg. This is not going to be a good day. She finally was able to release the cramp and stood. She glanced around the room trying to locate the contents of her backpack, which if she remembered correctly, were currently strewn about the room. Ah, home sweet home. Nothing like a messy room. A knock came in the direction of the door before the door was slammed open, revealing Umi carrying yet another pile of clothing.

"It better not be a bunch of short skirts," Kim said, threatening bodily harm to her if she answered positively.

"I'm not that stupid," came Umi's reply.

"..."

"Yes, well, I figured you should start wearing Cephirean clothing since you've decided to help Eagle and Lantis with their little problem. For normal daytime activities, I recommend the navy blue pants with the patterned top. Kim did what she normally did with blue-haired girls giving her clothing advice, she ignored her. After fishing a pair of shorts and a shirt from the pile on the floor, she walked behind the dressing screen and reappeared in normal Kim-like clothing.

"Well, in which direction is breakfast located?" Kim asked cheerfully, noting that with Umi's current look of fury she could be in some serious hot water if she wasn't careful.

"…Follow me," Umi ground out angrily.

Joy of all joys, I've made the blue one angry. I think this is the first sane thing I've done in months! The two walked down the halls until they came to the dining room and the ensuing chaos within.

"Clef! I refuse to dress up like a clown and do the hula! (where in the world did that come from?) It's degrading!" Ferio said indignantly (don't you wanna know why this came about? I know I do).

"But it's for the little children," Clef said, attempting to sell this odd idea to the outraged Prince.

"What do you mean they stole my lucky charms? I didn't know I even HAD any lucky charms!" Ascott screeched.

"I remember one day, this warrior came to have me make him a sword……" Presea's story continued on, while the "audience", Caldina, Lafarga, and Hikaru were discussing other more important things.

"Who do you think is going to get kicked off next on Survivor?" Caldina asked conversationally.

Hikaru, Umi and Fuu had brought the first season of Survivor on dvd, and had accidentally allowed some of their Cephirean friends to see the episodes. Bad idea. It was now one of the hottest topics of discussion among the group of friends.

I have landed in the looney bin.

"Is it always this…crazy at breakfast?" Kim asked her the person seated next to her, Lantis.

"No."

Wow, you and your famous one-word answers.

"So...anything fun to do around here?" Kim asked hesitantly, searching for a topic this stoic man would discuss.

"I'm sure there is, however, I'm not much of one to do the said activity," was Lantis' quiet reply. Kim sighed in exasperation. Obviously this man either didn't want anything to do with her, or he was just stuck within a shell of a façade. It was irritating. It was annoying. It was infuriating. It was maddening. It was also intriguing.

I like a man with an air of mystery. (WHAT? I can see the headlines now. Teenage girl killed by raving lunatic of a friend. ::sigh::) This a bit much though. I wish the man would say something, ANYTHING. Damn.

Breakfast ended with Kim leaving confused and slightly put off. The other inhabitants of the palace went off to their separate things. Clef to his study. Ascott to his friends. Presea to her room. Umi, Fuu and Hikaru to Fuu's bedroom. Caldina and Lafarga to the garden. Lantis and Eagle went off to the game room (they have that? well! they do now.) Kim sighed and sat in her room, staring dejectedly out the window.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"She's quite unique. I'm not entirely sure anything will come of any sort of relation ship with her," Lantis said. The she he was referring to obviously Kim.

"I rather like her. She's spunky. Brings a fresh breath of air to the palace," Eagle said positively, his liking of Kim apparent in his speech.

"...."

"Well, I realize it's obvious that you really don't want anything to do with her. Remember, it was your idea," replied Eagle pragmatically.

"Yes, I know. But still, I didn't think we would actually go through with it," Lantis replied seriously.

"Ready for the date tonight?" Eagle asked teasingly. The glint in Lantis's eyes apparent when his ice blue gaze turned to his friend.

"You think I enjoy wooing women?" (wooing women? I know I just took like 4 motrin but still, I didn't know it affected me that much.)

"Just remember it's for Hikaru." This statement was sobering to Lantis, who would do anything for his beloved. (it has affected me....)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You look wonderful in that dress Hikaru!" squealed Umi. Hikaru blushed as red as her hair at the compliment.

"The boys will love it!"

"I wonder how Kim's doing with Fuu..." Hikaru wondered absently. Umi bristled at the remark, her "love" apparent.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The aforementioned Fuu was currently struggling with Kim's hair, trying to make the boyish cut look sophisticated and sexy, to no avail. (Kim, I like your haircut, I'm just trying to give the readers a mental picture here. Don't shoot me yet.)

"There! I think that will do," Fuu said triumphantly. Kim merely glanced at her hair in the mirror and nodded her approval. "On to makeup!" This statement was met with a groan.

"Do I have to?" Kim asked, slightly reminiscent of a whining child.

"You do now," came Fuu's no nonsense answer.

This is the planet from hell. I swear, these girls have nothing better to do but torture me into a dress and do my hair.

"All done, you look perfectly exquisite! I'll help you find your way down to the dining room. The boys will absolutely love this," Fuu gushed.

"Don't use such fancy and unnecessary words!" Kim cried in horror.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eagle and Lantis sat in the dining room, awaiting the arrival of their dates. Kim entered the room first, clothed in a long, black dress that sweeped the ground with it's twirly skirt (twirly skirts now? man, I must be suffering from the heat or something). The collective members of the room, Lantis and Eagle, remembered to breathe. Hikaru's reaction was not more or less awed. Both of the girls looked stunning in their evening dresses. (Why am I wasting such words on their appearance?)

Eagle cleared his throat before speaking. "Lantis and I have a proposition for both of you. Kim doesn't know me or Lantis very well, if at all. Hikaru, you have known both of us for a decent amount of time. Our proposition is that we take each of you girls out on dates, one on one. That way Kim won't be lost in the conversation and she'll be able to get to know us better on a personal level." Eagle waited for Lantis to say something. If he continued to wait much longer, maybe a monkey would come in and serve them dinner.

Oh gods. I'm screwed. Eagle's cool, he actually talks! Lantis..he's like a block of ice, completely cold. (To all you Lantis maniacs, I'm sorry, but it was for the storyline, flame me later, I'm not in the mood for it now. Damn womanhood.)

Hikaru had perked up in her chair and started to speak. "That's a great idea! Kim doesn't know you very well, I think it's a great idea!"

Eagle sat and sighed inwardly while thinking, "Thank the gods for Hikaru."

Lantis shifted in his chair before nodding his head slightly. Eagle and Hikaru could tell by his look that that was all that would be expressed on the matter.

"Well! Let's set up the first date for tomorrow. Kim, you and Lantis can go do something, and Eagle and I can do something. It'll be great!" Hikaru said perkily.

Eagle muttered to Lantis, "This means you have to plan something, that BOTH of you will enjoy." Lantis sighed in reply.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! Why did it have to be LANTIS first. Oh gods, I'm in deep crap now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, that's all I feel like writing. Sorry guys, I've been really tired lately. Being tired and having school are not very good mixes. Hopefully the next chapter won't be so pointless. Something to look forward to I suppose. Toodle pip.