Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Torn ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Torn

~MKR~

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR, I do love it though.

Summary: This is a short Umi/Ascot fic I decided to make. Ascot thinks Umi loves Clef and is heartbroken, meanwhile, Umi finds out Clef and Prisea love each other and hates Clef for it.

~MKR~

`Hnnnnn, I don't have anything to do, I think I'll take a walk…' Ascot thought. He walked to the gardens, thinking about a certain sapphire haired azure-eyed water goddess that had been haunting his thoughts, he wandered around, the evening was waning into night. `The sky sure is pretty… just like her.' He sighed, and then frowned, hearing a snuffling sound. He peered through the bushes, there, by the fountain, was Umi. Silent tears flowed down her face and she started to sing

"You are like the fast wind

That sweeps across the surface of the ocean

And all the dreams you have are always taken care of by infinite rays of the sun

And now as I see you your back is turned to me but you are reaching,

Pointing towards the future,

Both your wings are broken,

So why do you hide all your pain?

Softly, let me wipe away your tears

Softly, let me hold you in my arms

Softly, let me comfort you,

Because I want to see you in your glory

I'll give you; I'll give you, if you choose to lay your head down, all the dreams that you dream will evolve

I'll give you, I'll give you, if you hold a heart that's true now, then your love will return back to you

I'll give you my love lullaby!" with the last note she burst into more tears. Ascot couldn't take it, he went to the path and walked along it to where Umi was sitting.

~Umis POV~

I couldn't take it; I burst into tears and sat there, tears coursing down my face.

"Umi what's wrong?"

It was Ascot, I sat, my back to him, I could not let him see me cry…

~Normal POV~

She sat; Ascot could hear her sniffle, and then fall silent. Her face was clean, and she had stopped crying. She ran her had through the water.

"Hi Ascot, would you like to sit?" she asked.

"All right."

He watched her, worried, he knew she loved Clef, but-

"The sky is so beautiful." She interrupted his thoughts.

She was so beautiful. Her head was thrown back as she gazed at the sky, her hand still trailing through the water.

"Oh Ascot, I have nobody."

"But Clef…?"

"Clef loves Prisea."

"Oh… I see."

"You do?" she asked, tears glimmering in her eyes again.

"Yes."

"Oh Ascot, Fuu has Ferio and Hikaru has Lantis, but I, I have nobody."

"Umi, you're wrong. You have me."

"What?" she lifted her hand and brushed the hair out of his emerald eyes. Feeling the damp caress of her hand he leaned over and captured her with a kiss. She sat slightly paralyzed, stunned by his action. They broke away and he hugged her to him. She rested her head on his chest and let the tears flow. He felt he shaking and lifted her head up.

"Umi, don't cry." He said, wiping away the tears.

"I realize now I was looking to the wrong place and wrong person for love." She said, and pressed his hand against her cheek. She leaned up to him, and their lips touched again. Her arms curled around his neck and stroked his hair. He pressed her into him, and the hard outer shell she worked so hard to maintain melted away. She now took off his hat and put it on her own head, giggling when it fell over her eyes. He pushed it up for her. She, who had always been so impassibly hard to everyone, was opening up, and to him.

"Ascot?"

"Yes?"

"Can we go flying? Like, on a bird?"

"Sure!"

He summoned one of his creatures, and they climbed aboard. Ascot's view was slightly obscured by her long azure hair, but he didn't mind, suddenly she turned her head to face him, her hair whipping around her face.

"Ascot this is wonderful!"

"Thank my friend." He said. "Take us down, Soler."

Soler squawked and went into a dive. She shrieked happily, and clung to Soler's feathers. When they reached the ground he got down and helped her down, when he released her arm, she, now not really used having her feet on solid ground again, stumbled against him, making the two of them fall over, Umi on top of Ascot. (AN: Soler is gone.) They laid there for a minute and she laid her head under his chin, he sat up carefully, and gently picked her up. `Poor Umi. She must be exhausted.' He thought `I'll take her to her room.' He got up and started walking to her room.

"What are you doing with Umi?" asked a voice.

`Clef?!' he thought. He turned around; Umi was curled up sleeping in his arms.

"Put her down, NOW!" he said in a low, powerful voice

Ascot gently set her down on a bench, and they were both in fighting positions when…

"Waters of restraint!" they were both turned to face her, and she said.

"Clef, it's your own DAMN FAULT!" she yelled, reaching up she slapped him straight across the face. "YOU let me believe that you loved Prisea! YOU brought this upon yourself! And because of that I love Ascot!" she sent him hurtling into the wall, and released Ascot. After doing so much magic she stumbled and fell over. Ascot picked her back up and left for her room.

"Umi, do you see me as a replacement for Clef?" He asked, quietly.

"No Ascot! I realize now that I love you! I never truly loved Clef, I just thought I did." She turned his chin so he was looking at her, and kissed him. He arrived at her room, and tucked her into her bed.

"I'm glad you were there Ascot. I love you."

"I love you too, Umi."