Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ VILLAINS ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


VILLAINS

By: Iczer6

[Author's note. This is a MKR fic. It takes place after season 1. Major Spoilers. Fuu POV. As always don't 'em wish I did.]


Games. I'm good at games. Especially video games. Over time I've managed to establish quite a library. RPG's are my favorite.

I haven't felt like playing them in a while.

Cephiro. A world where the heart decides all. A place that looked like something out of Final Fantasy.

I couldn't believe it at first. I don't think I accepted it as reality till Umi was hurt. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

This place was real. And we could die.

People did die though.... Alycone, Zagato, Princess Emeraude....

The person we thought we were going to save....

Looking back it amazes me how dumb we were! How blind and self righteous we acted.

It was a video game, and we were the heroes.

I don't think many video game heroes end up killing the princess though.

Zagato was never the villain. None of them were. Alcyone was fighting for someone she loved. Ascott was trying to help his friends. Caldina was blinded by greed.

And Zagato..

Zagato was trying to free someone he loved.

Cephiro is a beautiful place. But that beauty comes at a high price. The happiness of a young woman.

It pains me now to think of how we acted. We were right and they were wrong. We wanted to save Cephiro, and in the end we nearly destroyed it.

I want.. I want to go back.. I want to correct my mistakes. I want to save Cephiro from itself.

I want to apologize too. To Ferio. Somehow I don't think "sorry I killed your sister" is gonna do it.

I want a second chance.

Video games. They aren't fun for me anymore.

But someday I'll play one and smile...

OWARI>