Marmalade Boy Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know Me ❯ You Don't Know Me ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Konban wa… actually, ohayoogozaimasu! Considering it is now 1:21 a.m.* scratches head * This is not my first fic, my first songfic yes, but not my first fic. This is the first one… wait a minute… If you guys don't get it now, you never will. If you enjoy this one I plan on doing a whole series of songfics based on the different pairings in the series so stay tuned for a Meiko/Na-chan one next! So, onto my songfic!!

Pairing: Ginta/Miki

Songfic told from the P.O.V. of Ginta

Jann Arden - You Don't Know Me

This song and these character names do not belong to me but to other people who thought of them before me.

Song lyrics: italicized

ENJOY!!!!

You Don't Know Me

You give your hand to me

You gave your hand to me, offering me your soul.

And then you say hello

And then you said hello, in the tiniest voice possible, shy and unbarred.

And I can hardly speak

And I could hardly speak. Words seemed miles away as I stared into your flushed face, fresh from the warm heat of this August morning.

My heart is beating so

My heart was beating so, echoing through my mind, consuming my soul.

And anyone can tell

They all can tell; the birds, the trees, the life sprouting ever so silently in our perfect bliss.

You think you know me well

You think you know me well

But you don't know me

But you don't.

No, You don't know the one

I think to myself as I sit here and watch your perfect form from afar. Which is sadly all I am allowed…

Who dreams of you at night

Every night… such sweet dreams…

Longs to kiss your lips

Your perfect lips as peach as the setting sun, as crisp as the morning after an autumn rain shower, as distant as the moon and stars…

Longs to hold you tight

To hold you just ever so tightly. Even before, when we were friends. Just a small hug like we used too…

OH I am just a friend

Not a boyfriend. Not a lover. Not a significant other. Maybe a friend? Just a friend…

That's all I've ever been

Even after your profession of love to me, I was just a friend. Even now, as I watch you with him. Why not more then friends? Why? …It's all I've ever been.

Cause you don't know me

Cause you don't know me…

I never knew the art of making love

You're the first girl I have ever fallen for. Fallen so hard for, fallen so fast for. I'm scared about these feelings. I can't control them. I can't figure them out.

Though my heart aches with love for you

Though I know my heart aches with love for you…

Afraid and shy, I let my chance go by

I was… I was afraid… so afraid. I didn't know what to do or how to react. So shy… I was so shy to know you felt the same way too… So, I did what came naturally to me…I blew it…

A chance that you might love me too

If only I had that chance again. I swear to you that I'd prove it, I'd prove it to everyone!

You give your hand to me

You gave your hand to me, offering me your soul.

And the you say goodbye

Our last parting. Maybe forever, maybe for awhile. Even though I've found someone else, you're still in my heart, slowly burning at the edges, calling for me to remember the feelings I've buried for so long…

I watch you walk away

That cheerful, joyful, upbeat walk of yours. Not too fast but not too slow. Just perfect. Just you.

Beside the lucky guy

Because that is what Yuu is. Any guy in his position right now would be. Maybe… even… me?

OH and you will never know

You will never know, how could you know…

The one who loves you so

I'll give you one hint…

Cause you don't know me

It's not Yuu…

No you don't know me

Definitely not Yuu…